BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: uyjulian on August 03, 2014, 04:07:06 AM
I am working on OpenAL support (through OpenTK) so that you can play audio files without using Wine (just use Mono). However, I have put that on hitaus, because I am really confused about https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/AudioBuffer.cs#L92 , https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/AudioBuffer.cs#L93 , https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/wAudioBuffer.cs#L62 , and https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/wAudioBuffer.cs#L91 . There's very few documentation about Lock and Unlock, and isn't DirectSound8 very outdated anyway?

I see. Unfortunately, i know next to nothing about audio. But i will take a few pokes around and see if i can't help out. I've been meaning to look into audio within OpenTK for a while now anyways :)

Quote from: Sammi Husky on August 03, 2014, 06:28:15 AM
I see. Unfortunately, i know next to nothing about audio. But i will take a few pokes around and see if i can't help out. I've been meaning to look into audio within OpenTK for a while now anyways :)
Okay, thank you :-)
The sound code seems really tied to Windows/DirectSound8.

Hello BrawlBox Modder section,
I have an issue trying to import a flame graphic from my Phoenix PSA over Zelda to a new PSA over Samus.
Whenever I try, I get this.



This is what it's supposed to look like...


See the dark redness and the red circular image- in the first pic- that 'probably' should be transparent?


Click the spoiler delow for some detailed notes which lead me to consider here might be the best place for this issue.
If anyone has any insights, please lmk or PM me.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

When will the newer version of this software be released this month?

New version 0.73b is up.
One feature I forgot to put in the changelog: uyjulian's changes are included, so it should/might work on Linux now under mono.

Quote from: libertyernie on August 13, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
New version 0.73b is up.
One feature I forgot to put in the changelog: uyjulian's changes are included, so it should/might work on Linux now under mono.

No, the change is that any POSIX compliant OS can now load files under mono, instead of just Linux.
However, sound doesn't work yet under mono, use wine instead.

August 14, 2014, 12:24:37 AM #261 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:12:18 AM by Brandondorf9999
Another thing, I've used the hex editor for SCLA and that one changes the sound and slipperiness. What I'm trying to look for is the parameters for the camera to every stage that will change the FOV, aspect and more which I don't know if that's cam_param.dat or something else that will cause the X and Y FOV values to change in their seperate aspect ratio.

Oh, I found something in the STPM. It's Value53 which is the Field of view.

Quote from: Brandondorf9999 on August 14, 2014, 12:24:37 AM
Another thing, I've used the hex editor for SCLA and that one changes the sound and slipperiness. What I'm trying to look for is the parameters for the camera to every stage that will change the FOV, aspect and more which I don't know if that's cam_param.dat or something else that will cause the X and Y FOV values to change in their seperate aspect ratio.

Oh, I found something in the STPM. It's Value53 which is the Field of view.

SCLA files are called "stage shadow collision check" by the game, however that is correct. I had already known about the SCLA files dictating slipperiness and step sounds, however it's not the same parameters between stages. In any case, thanks for the heads up on Value53

August 14, 2014, 05:04:21 AM #263 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:07:01 AM by tyshy
does this version let us edit stage collisions or just see them?

Post Merge: August 14, 2014, 05:07:01 AM

good job btw
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: tyshy on August 14, 2014, 05:04:21 AM
does this version let us edit stage collisions or just see them?

Post Merge: August 14, 2014, 05:07:01 AM

good job btw
watcha mean? u can do that all in collision editor :p
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

August 14, 2014, 05:27:53 AM #265 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:28:57 AM by Sammi Husky
To edit the stage collisions, it would be the same as the other versions. You must use the collision editor to do so. The model previewer can view them, only to better situate 3d models and animations around the collisions (and the previewer can play the animations while collisions are attached).

EDIT: Ninja'd :P Though this version does introduce the model previewer changes for visualizing the stage camera boundaries, spawn points, item zones etc etc

I wonder when the dds should be supported for Brawlbox? I need to be able to import and export mipmap textures.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on August 14, 2014, 05:27:53 AM
To edit the stage collisions, it would be the same as the other versions. You must use the collision editor to do so. The model previewer can view them, only to better situate 3d models and animations around the collisions (and the previewer can play the animations while collisions are attached).

EDIT: Ninja'd :P Though this version does introduce the model previewer changes for visualizing the stage camera boundaries, spawn points, item zones etc etc
where could I find the collision editor
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg



the blue icon named COLL is collision editor

right click it and hit preview
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady