BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 29, 2015, 07:03:58 PM #750 Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:14:39 PM by DeriLoko2
That is odd. I imported the PMD model in Brawlbox (v0.76)(Hotfix 3) and it came out like this.

I used Windows 8.1.
Nintendo rules!

there is something I would like to check:

who many have the problem that using Brawlbox built in printscreen turns pitch black? in earlier version all had a 50-50 chance of the pic is only the color black!
now in the new version its a 100% chance off all pics are black!
if anyone know how to fix it, I would lovely know

to those who have this problem and doesnt have, tell me where you are from and what computer specs you have!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Ur not the only 1 pikazz.. Ive been getting alot of black screen shots too with the new BB

Also idk if this was reported during 75, but copy/paste in srt0 editing in model viewer doesnt work, even in 76
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

RSAR saving now works if you edit one thing and then save... but if you edit another thing after the first save and attempt to save again, it still crashes.

i'd also like to point out that when you have select all selected for CLR0/SCN0 colors, selecting 'paste color' doesnt work and only affects the first frame to get pasted instead of all thats selected.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Every version after v0.73 just simply will not open for me. Not too sure what the probroblem is, but it refuses to work properly. It gives an error when trying to open any compatible file.

Along the lines of

"System.TypeLoadException: Couldnot load type" etc


Quote from: DSX8 on June 01, 2015, 12:58:15 PM
Ur not the only 1 pikazz.. Ive been getting alot of black screen shots too with the new BB

I'm getting these too, so it's not just you and Pikazz.

Other than that, works like a charm.

So I tested the new BrawlBox on Roy with scaling vertices, and I ran into a problem. For the first test, I scaled just a single boot of his to the size of him, and the boot animated perfectly. For the second test, however, I pressed Ctrl+A and then resized the vertices of his entire character, and in-game he looks really weird and disfigured(Some polygons, like the sword or armor plate, which have only one bone for the polygon, look fine), INCLUDING his boots. So shouldn't either the boot in the first test be disfigured, or the boots in the second test look fine? Am I the only one experiencing this issue? Also, is it SUPPOSED to have no collision changes when you vertex a model? If not, how do you fix it? And is this problem that arose a bug to be fixed?

June 04, 2015, 09:21:55 PM #758 Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:25:58 PM by Ricky (Br3)
Gotta be careful when vertexing. Are you sure you didn't scale the bone instead? That would definitely [censored] it up.

EDIT: I just re-read and I think I got what you mean this time. You attempted to vertex a character to make it bigger? That is a big NO. I don't think you're getting how vertexing works.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


June 04, 2015, 09:29:46 PM #759 Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:41:30 PM by windhunter7
Yes I am sure. Wouldn't that have scaled the bones at all, making the collisions bigger than normal Roy's collisions, as that's what bigger bones would do? That's how rigs work to my knowledge. Also, I did the exact same thing for both tests; the only difference is that instead of dragging and dropping the cursor to select the vertices, I pressed Ctrl+A to select all of them. But that wouldn't change that, as you can only select either bones or vertices, and the vertices were highlighted when I was scaling him. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me by selecting using drag-and-drop instead of Ctrl+A.

Post Merge: June 04, 2015, 09:31:32 PM

Just read your edit just now:

So how do you make a character bigger, then? Can you do it by scaling the vertices of the Shd model?

Post Merge: June 04, 2015, 09:41:30 PM

*Scaling the bones works in Blender, so I'd think it'd work for Brawl. I was only testing vertexing the actual model to see if collision changes, which it doesn't, and if there would be any glitches, which there were.*

Bone Animations. That's how you resize stuff.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I thought you could one-slot resize, though.

June 05, 2015, 01:38:18 AM #762 Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:04:28 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: windhunter7 on June 04, 2015, 09:29:46 PM*Scaling the bones works in Blender, so I'd think it'd work for Brawl. I was only testing vertexing the actual model to see if collision changes, which it doesn't, and if there would be any glitches, which there were.*

Scaling bones isn't the same thing as scaling vertices. If you'd ever made a PSA (or just been aware that using the model itself for any collision in any game is extremely inefficient), you'd know that collision is dictated by collision bubbles in the PSA, not by the vertex positions. And ironically, your model "exploding" like that wasn't a glitch, it was just the proper display of how you edited the model. lmao

Quote from: windhunter7 on June 05, 2015, 01:28:21 AM
I thought you could one-slot resize, though.

Search around a bit.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54733.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYCI0ooEj4

I hate sounding like a constant complainer...

But I can't seem to be able to add transparency / semi transparency to models using the proper mats and shaders. It just crashes BrawlBox 0.76 when I try to load them. Crash as in it quits. On the rare exception it just throws an exception. But it will not let me use them, even when exporting them with the same BB off another fighter. I'm trying to update an old import, but it has semi transparency and transparency and I seem to be a bit stuck.

EDIT: It works until I try to save. Then it just quits.

Did it work in previous versions? Because you can always use multiple versions of BrawlBox for one character. I have 3; one for texturing(My common one), one for common vertexing(I haven't released any vertexes, though, but I've vertexed one of my textures a little bit), and then another version to scale and rotate vertices.(which I used when testing my failed theory with Roy as the test subject)