BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Change the platform from Any CPU to x86. There are parts of BrawlBox that don't work in 64-bit.

Quote from: libertyernie on October 21, 2016, 01:56:45 PM
Change the platform from Any CPU to x86. There are parts of BrawlBox that don't work in 64-bit.
It now works as expected. Thanks!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I can't open any version of brawlbox right now i've tried to delete it and reinstall it but i still get this error report every time i try to open it up. What can i Do to fix this

Configuration system failed to initialize
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at BrawlLib.Properties.Settings.get_AudioVolumePercent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AudioPlaybackPanel..ctor()
   at BrawlBox.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
   at BrawlBox.MainForm..ctor()
   at BrawlBox.MainForm.get_Instance()
   at BrawlBox.Program.Main(String[] args)

Quote from: omega941 on October 28, 2016, 09:08:45 PM
I can't open any version of brawlbox right now i've tried to delete it and reinstall it but i still get this error report every time i try to open it up. What can i Do to fix this
Do you have a BrawlBox.exe.config? Here's what it looks like for me:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
      <section name="BrawlBox.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false"/>
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup>
  <applicationSettings>
    <BrawlBox.Properties.Settings>
      <setting name="Setting" serializeAs="String">
        <value>False</value>
      </setting>
    </BrawlBox.Properties.Settings>
  </applicationSettings>
  <runtime>
  <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <probing privatePath="lib"/>
  </assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Apparently if the <configSections ...> part is not right after <configuration>, it can cause problems.
https://amoghnatu.net/2013/11/22/solutionconfiguration-system-failed-to-initialize-c-exception/

ugh, sorry to bother so suddenly (I guess everybody thought I was dead XD) but the .brsar sound replacement still dont work for games other than SSBB and MKW...It gives the "Instance out of object" error or something like that...Is this un-fixable for now, or...? If needed I can link the brsar file I was trying to worki on...

Hey, does BrawlBox v0.77 work well on 32-bit systems? Everytime I preview a model, it throws an error:

Unable to find an entry point named 'glGetUniformLocation' in DLL 'opengl32.dll'.
   at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.Core.GetUniformLocation(UInt32 program, String name)
   at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.GetUniformLocation(Int32 program, String name)
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLTexture.Bind(Int32 index, Int32 program)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0TextureNode.Load(Int32 index, Int32 program)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0TextureNode.Prepare(MDL0MaterialRefNode mRef, Int32 shaderProgramHandle, String palette)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0MaterialRefNode.Bind(Int32 prog)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0ObjectNode.Render(Boolean wireframe, Boolean useShaders, MDL0MaterialNode material)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.DrawCall.Render(ModelPanelViewport viewport)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelPanel.OnRenderViewport(PaintEventArgs e, GLViewport v)
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnRender(PaintEventArgs e)
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Btw, can anyone help me with a problem I'm having? I'm stumped. Please help, if anyone can: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77986.msg1367670#new

Quote from: MΞŁŁФ on December 07, 2016, 04:42:54 PM
Hey, does BrawlBox v0.77 work well on 32-bit systems? Everytime I preview a model, it throws an error:

Unable to find an entry point named 'glGetUniformLocation' in DLL 'opengl32.dll'.

This might have something to do with your video driver.
I know BrawlBox works on 32-bit - it actually doesn't work on 64-bit (lots of code that assumes you can cast pointers to ints) and so we always build it as a 32-bit program.

Is it possible to make the model Optimizer in BrawlBox optimize models by decreasing it's poly count to 4x or 8x to reduce filesize?

the Optimizer in brawlbox was only for total face count, it doesn't do it for poly's at all. learn to optimize the model yourself.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

BrawlBox v0.78 release candidate 1

You might notice that this version is in a bigger .zip file and has a new directory structure. This is because it now supports python plugins! I have a couple I'm going to make and post in another thread.

Please test this version out and post here if there are any regressions from v0.77.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/releases/download/v0.78_rc1/BrawlBox.v0.78.rc1.zip

February 23, 2017, 06:52:10 PM #956 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:29:41 PM by KingJigglypuff
While not a regression, this has been an issue since, I believe v0.77, but the Weight Editor does not like newly added bones. When attempting to weigh a newly added bone, the vertecies aren't properly weighed, and end up glitching out. Saving doesn't fix the issue. This issue is still present in v0.78

Example Image
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This next issue has effected me since v0.77. Whenever I attempt to import a texture, the BrawlBox windows get small, and the text changes format.

Before attempting a texture import with v0.77 onward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


How the texture import window should look (taken from v0.76b)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Texture import window with v0.77 onward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After attempting a texture import with v0.77 onward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just like the previous issue, this is something that's still present in v0.78.

This final issue is something I've posted on the Github issues section, and was told this issue was due to the ANIM importer being unfinished.

What the issue is is that since the ANIM importer is unfinished, it tends to mess up animations, causing them to jitter and bloat file size.
Before ANIM import
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After ANIM import (pay attention to the quills, legs, and arms)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You likely already know about this issue specifically, but I just wanted to throw this issue out there in hopes someone who'll know what to do sees this, and finishes BrawlBox's ANIM importer.

Edit: There seems to be an issue with v0.78's Edit All function for animations. It'll only edit and save animations that don't have keyframes for the bones in question. Otherwise, it'll display the changes, but revert said changes upon saving.

Edit 2: You can force the edits to save by making a minor edit to the affected animations.

Edit 3: I remember this same issue effecting the Clean function for animations as well. Changes wouldn't be saved, unless the animation was altered aside from being cleaned.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 23, 2017, 06:52:10 PM
This next issue has effected me since v0.77. Whenever I attempt to import a texture, the BrawlBox windows get small, and the text changes format.

Before attempting a texture import with v0.77 onward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


How the texture import window should look (taken from v0.76b)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Texture import window with v0.77 onward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After attempting a texture import with v0.77 onward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just like the previous issue, this is something that's still present in v0.78.

This only happens on high-DPI monitors. I think I tried once to fix it and couldn't come up with anything. I'll look again if I have time.

QuoteEdit: There seems to be an issue with v0.78's Edit All function for animations. It'll only edit and save animations that don't have keyframes for the bones in question. Otherwise, it'll display the changes, but revert said changes upon saving.

Edit 2: You can force the edits to save by making a minor edit to the affected animations.

Edit 3: I remember this same issue effecting the Clean function for animations as well. Changes wouldn't be saved, unless the animation was altered aside from being cleaned.

Sounds like it's not marking IsDirty as true on the CHR0 entry node. This should be an easy fix.

Quote from: libertyernie on February 23, 2017, 05:40:29 PM
BrawlBox v0.78 release candidate 1

You might notice that this version is in a bigger .zip file and has a new directory structure. This is because it now supports python plugins! I have a couple I'm going to make and post in another thread.

Please test this version out and post here if there are any regressions from v0.77.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/releases/download/v0.78_rc1/BrawlBox.v0.78.rc1.zip

So, what's the changelog for this version? Because there were four very annoying glitches that persisted in 0.77 and 0.76, one of which was only glitchy in those versions and NOT a glitch in previous versions.

The glitch that was not in previous versions but is in the newer ones is the most annoying, and that is that if you attempt translating vertices that are rigged to more than one bone, they don't translate properly. The vertices will explode, moving all in different directions, and then if you press Ctrl+Z it doesn't even undo it properly. And you can't translate them back, either; they can ONLY move away from the model. And attempting to scale vertices will also cause this same glitch.

The second glitch would be that some models(I don't know what causes this, but it happens with some models), if you attempt to re-rig something 100% to one bone that it's rigged to(For example, if a head is rigged to the HeadN bone and the NeckN bone, and you want to rig it 100% to the HeadN bone), you can use the +'s and -'s fine, that won't do anything(Except that, because the other bones in the list are still in the list, glitch number one will still happen); but, if you attempt to write in the value 100 in the top box for the weight, it WILL look fine in BrawlBox, but the model will get destroyed in-game, although I can't say for sure if it's the UVs, the materials, the shaders, or a combination. The model will end up rigged perfectly fine, but it will look really weird. Two examples that happened to me are in the spoiler below.

Sometimes, in the preview window, (This particular glitch didn't happen in earlier versions, btw) certain models will turn either green, blue, or black, kind of randomly. I'm not certain as to what causes this, but based on how it happened to any of my "No Purplish Tint Sonic" models, where I edited the materials and also removed the color nodes, I think it has something to do with the color nodes.

Another glitch is that sometimes(Not always, but it is rather common), if you re-rig vertices, and then save and exit, if you re-open, the vertices that you re-rigged will be in different, randomized locations, but the model looked fine before. Fixing it, the only way to fix it is, in itself annoying, because you have to get out of the Weight Editor, unselect everything, then select the vertices that you re-weighed, translate them somewhere else, then translate them back. If you do this, when you save, exit, and re-open, they're fine, but this is really annoying, especially since it could cause the other glitch, if, when rigging, you don't rig everything to one bone.

There's this fifth glitch too, but I don't find it very annoying, because you can just use version 0.71 and it works fine, glitch-free. But in the later version of .76 or .77, if you use the Add New Object button or whatever it's called, with the same settings as in .71, the entire model will get messed up.

P.S. Now that Blender importing is literally perfect, these glitches aren't necessary to fix, but they still are annoying glitches, and I would like them to be fixed, if possible.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey, quick question: I came in contact with someone who uploaded the SSBB models to Models Resource, and was told that he used BrawlBox to extract the models and textures, and they were automatically UV Mapped. However, when I exported a model from Brawlbox as a .DAE file, and the textures as .PNG's, the model isn't UV mapped despite the material already having the textures listed. Which version of BrawlBox exports the UV Mapping? I'm using v.0.77