Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Model crashing on Results Screen  (Read 1510 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 28, 2014, 07:45:49 PM »

This is a bit of a specific issue, so I figured I'd just post under the general help section since I feel it kinda fits under both Model Imports and Attacks and Animations.

I'm trying to add bones to this model: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27871
    to make it compatible with CaliKingz's Zero psa.

I extracted all of Zero's additional bones and imported them onto the MMZ model. The model loads in game and functions as it should, but the game crashes whenever I exit onto the results screen. Very specifically, only when I pause the game and exit out, not when I win the match.

I know it's not strictly a psa issue because the included model works fine when backing out, and it's not a result pic issue because I can still win the match and have it work just fine.

Are there any common reasons that a model can cause the game to crash when switching over to the result screen? I'm really just trying to get some help troubleshooting here, if not an actual resolution to my problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

Edit: I'm gonna link the modified models I've been working on, along with the psa and the original model to see if anyone can take a look at it with better knowledge on the subject than me. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2esp3r57a0jais7/Zero%20test%20stuff.rar maybe there's something I missed.

Edit2: Nevermind, I'm starting to think this issue is psa related as I'm able to make the same crash happen now whenever I exit with the default model during certain animations. I think it's related to when certain objects are loaded, as I can make it crash whenever I quit and use his neutral B special. Gonna take this issue to the psa creator's thread and see what I can get done.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:52:21 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »

Sounds like an issue with the game itself not the model to me. If it works fine normally and a match finishes normally, then the call for the result screen on pause must just not like it. Try resaving the file, sometimes little things like that can fix issues.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:18:07 PM »

I tried modifying another Link model's boneset however this time I was greeted with a crash no matter how the match ended.
    I know before when I had models that were corrupt in Brawlbox they sometimes would load in game but then crash at the results screen, but these ones still load up fine.
    But anyway, I'll try resaving it anyway and see what happens. I'm thinking maybe there might be something else special about the way the model's configured that might be causing it, usually when I do this for other psas though the only issues I get are that the bones aren't actually rigged so the model doesn't always look appropriately (i.e. missing weapons, stiff tails, etc) but it's usually just aesthetic.
    Both models I'm adding bones too are functioning completely fine with the moveset too, but anyway I'll resave and keep playing around with them to see if I can get something right.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:10:40 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: