Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 66
Author Topic: Project: Super Smash 4 - Cliché Q&A (11/14/2014)  (Read 408056 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #480 on: October 15, 2014, 03:05:02 PM »

What i meant was like Link's skyward sword outfit at the start of the game.

Kinda hard to explain

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=36025

i meant something like this, But for Toon Link with Outset Textures,

Also, it would be more of a Toon Young Link then turning him into actual Young Link.

Speaking of Link...

Still unsure what you mean, but that Link job is awesome! Cheesy

silver856
    Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #481 on: October 15, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »

Well, i got nothin' else to do. So i'll do that the now.
    That's a good start, but I think you should desaturate the hair and the main part of the tunic. Also try getting rid of the detail in the hair because in Smash 4 Toon Link's hair is sorta like a block of cheese, flat with no extra details. Lastly try blending the shadows and the lights some more on the toonic(bad pun)

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #482 on: October 15, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »

Just gonna leave this here...

Toon Link joins Super Smash 4!

Smiley

Hey man, I feel like I need to add some feedback on your Link. I wish this may be helpful for you since my intentions is to make you and your creations better for the future... so here it goes:

It looks..... bad. I'm sorry.

But you may wanna try to make the shadows and lights more subtle, semi transparent. Like we back at smash 3 do it. The hair is a bit lack luster, looks like yellow ice cream. I may recommend to give the hair less textures, and make it less intense in terms in brightness and colors.
    The triangle bellow his neck is a bad Idea as it makes Link's neck look deformed when zoomed in. You may wanna revert it back to normality.

The rimlight is intense, you might wanna tone it down, since in SSB4, rimlight that intense is ONLY on the galaxy stage. As a rimlighter myself, please I insist, intense rimlight is not good... I tell you by experience, people just don't like it as much as the subtle ones.

Again, this is just critism, I honestly see pontencial, and I would like to see what your improved skills looks like.

Dedicate alot of time on your textures, when I did smash 3 ROB it took me 2 months, you might not need that much time... but do things slowly and carefully. And if you think "I can do this better" even once, you can, if you're not satisfied with what you create in your fullest, keep improving... that my friend creates quality.

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 03:16:16 PM
    Narrowing it down, challenge yourself.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:16:16 PM by Scout » Logged

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #483 on: October 15, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »

Yes, we're trying to make a quality game that can be as much like Smash 4 (without the excludings part) as possible. So if we mess up, we'll try again. If we mess up again, we'll try again. And if we keep messing up, well, I guess we could always rip the textures/models like I've been planning. I think the Toon Link looks nice, except the rim-lighting. It's pretty cool, but not that much like Smash 4. Maybe you could label it "Vibrant-er Toon Link", or something if you really want to keep it. Smiley

As for the alternate costumes, I don't think so. 8 costumes per character, (except little mac who has 2 roster slots)... And Bowser Jr., just until we get the "Team Outlines" working, Bowser Jr. will have:
    Original (Green Team)
    Red (Red Team)
    Blue (Blue Team)
    Koopalings
    Same with Robin, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer.

Sorry SUPAHSAWNIK99 for not responding on your work yet. I've been busy, and couldn't check out the Kirby. Sad (But I will soon! Soon, like, now.)
    On the plus side, the dropbox is working! I'll send everyone the Username and Passwords in a while, once I organize all the folders, and put in what I've been working on. I'll also probably update the OP and include a Pic of the every now and then as well. And I'll also also update the Project Super Smash 4 Wiki, I've been working on it for a while, since webs only provides 5 pages per website while still being free (what the heck?).

And... I need ShadowLuigi-NG- or TheepicMVSL2 to look at this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71536.0
    I followed the "DAE importing for dummies" tutorial... Tongue

(How many model rippers do we have?)

P.S. Pac-Man's model isn't done (I think...)

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 03:34:04 PM
    (I hope I said the right things...)

Pikmin1211
    Mega Kitten

The Pikmin Sergeant

• Awards Dedicated Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #484 on: October 15, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »

Robin, Villager, WFT, and Bowser Jr. all have team colors... Tho Bowser Jr. I can understand not using Koopalings as team colors

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #485 on: October 15, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 03:34:04 PM
    (I hope I said the right things...)

Not quite, but I will give ya a hint:

Be a bit more strict. Focus more on the flaws than the whole picture, don't easily accept things without saying much. You must help your members improve! And what better way than a project's leader to do such a thing? I insist, give more critique.

hoogachakka
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #486 on: October 15, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »

Let me just say this: I would like to join the team as an animator.

Real
    Mega Kitten

Texture Master of the Masters of the Textures lolw

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #487 on: October 15, 2014, 11:26:41 PM »

Hey man, I feel like I need to add some feedback on your Link. I wish this may be helpful for you since my intentions is to make you and your creations better for the future... so here it goes:

It looks..... bad. I'm sorry.

But you may wanna try to make the shadows and lights more subtle, semi transparent. Like we back at smash 3 do it. The hair is a bit lack luster, looks like yellow ice cream. I may recommend to give the hair less textures, and make it less intense in terms in brightness and colors.
    The triangle bellow his neck is a bad Idea as it makes Link's neck look deformed when zoomed in. You may wanna revert it back to normality.

The rimlight is intense, you might wanna tone it down, since in SSB4, rimlight that intense is ONLY on the galaxy stage. As a rimlighter myself, please I insist, intense rimlight is not good... I tell you by experience, people just don't like it as much as the subtle ones.

Again, this is just critism, I honestly see pontencial, and I would like to see what your improved skills looks like.

Dedicate alot of time on your textures, when I did smash 3 ROB it took me 2 months, you might not need that much time... but do things slowly and carefully. And if you think "I can do this better" even once, you can, if you're not satisfied with what you create in your fullest, keep improving... that my friend creates quality.

Post Merge: October 15, 2014, 03:16:16 PM
    Narrowing it down, challenge yourself.

I honestly couldnt agree more. Your right. It does need improvements, I'll make the rimlight less intense, use the eraser at about 20% so the shading isnt weird, less detail on the hair.. I sorta done that, But im INSANELY bad at hair texturing. The neck bit though.. What you said confuses me.I appreciate the criticism and i just need to get better & better, Thanks!

hai

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #488 on: October 16, 2014, 04:24:57 AM »

I honestly couldnt agree more. Your right. It does need improvements, I'll make the rimlight less intense, use the eraser at about 20% so the shading isnt weird, less detail on the hair.. I sorta done that, But im INSANELY bad at hair texturing. The neck bit though.. What you said confuses me.I appreciate the criticism and i just need to get better & better, Thanks!
    If the lights and shadows are on a same layer, uou can chage the layer type from "normal" to "softligh", this will cause the shadows and light to blend better and merge with the color.
    Check the neck area where the neck meets the clothes, its a bit wierd to look at, try to figure out what exactly looks wierd to you and think of a way to improve it.

Real
    Mega Kitten

Texture Master of the Masters of the Textures lolw

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: October 16, 2014, 06:51:33 AM »

If the lights and shadows are on a same layer, uou can chage the layer type from "normal" to "softligh", this will cause the shadows and light to blend better and merge with the color.
    Check the neck area where the neck meets the clothes, its a bit wierd to look at, try to figure out what exactly looks wierd to you and think of a way to improve it.

Oh yeah.. That's what the tutorial was talking about! I get it now, I think i know why the neck is like that. So im starting over and gonna make a better Toon Link. Thanks!

hai

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #490 on: October 16, 2014, 08:09:13 AM »

Oh yeah, I never posted this on here.

I'll flip the head of course. He's almost done.

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #491 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:14 AM »

Oh yeah, I never posted this on here.

I'll flip the head of course. He's almost done.

What is that? A Mii Fighter?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #492 on: October 16, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »

Mii Swordsman, awesome! Smiley
    I think he's a bit too tall though...

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #493 on: October 16, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »

It's very-well done! Smiley
    I didn't actually look at the Mii Swordsman that closely before; so they have different parts from different characters, I see. Wink

Junior64570
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #494 on: October 16, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »

I've added hoogachakka to the Animators list on the OP, welcome!

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 66
    Print
    Jump to: