Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Where do I put these files that I just downloaded on my SD Card?  (Read 7119 times)
Shinobu Nyan!
Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »

I do not have Code Manager or a File Patch Code (I do not know what these are really.) I tried to download Code Manager from the Resources page but after I downloaded it, nothing was on it when I clicked on Code Manager.exe
    BAM!!! There's you answer. The File Patch Code is the one code that does it all. Put this file in the codes folder. It contains both the FPC and the Unrestricted Pause Camera.
    Oh yeah I'm going to guess that your running an NTSC region disk. That also makes a big difference.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 10:12:48 PM »

I did read the guide he sent me. I am not a hacker or whatever so it was very confusing to me, so that is why I came on to the help forum. To get help, not be ridiculed of not putting any effort in to trying to figure this stuff out, because I have certainly tried. I tried downloading the Code manager but nothing was on it when I tried to open the actual code manager. I don't know where to put the files from the pack that I downloaded on my SD card or if I need to download something to put them somewhere else, and I don't want to mess up the other files I already have on the SD card.

Post Merge: September 04, 2014, 11:48:58 AM
    And I also tried putting all the files from the pack I downloaded onto the root of my SD card, then opening it with Gecko, but that did not work.

that wasnt really meant to be against you just a statement, no need to get offended just some people (not you) ask ridiculous questions

Post Merge: September 04, 2014, 10:30:35 PM
    if you want i can just set the file directory up for you and upload it to mediafire, if that makes it easier but truthfully, its better to learn just in case. also an easy way to set up the file directory is to take a pic on ssbb and send it to the sd card it should have the directory set up when you put the sd card in you pc then go in the private and go all the way till you see an "al" file directory, dont go in it but make a pf file in the folder next to the al and then inside pf make a fighter, modules, stages all in that folder then in the fighter put all the name of the characters then put everything in the corresponding names

idk how gecko is exactly so im not sure if its txt or RSBE01 so dont worry about that....try what i said above and if that doesnt work read my guide below, this is for riivolution

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=50621.msg1027371#msg1027371

you willl see my comment and click show spoilers, thats for the modlauncher, i dont use this setup anymore but its still a great way to use hacks

btw so it wont be so confusing try having an sd card dedicated to one game, its really hard to scramble through files, even for me it gets annoying trying to put my stuff on with all that junk on the sd card (boot.elf is a file that you have no idea what its for because its not specific to what its used for, it could be for homebrew, bootmii installer or even ctgp) so with that being said it would be less confusing to you and you wont be scared to delete anything because you will know what each is for, you can find a cheap 2gb sd card anywhere on the internet to buy
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:41:48 PM by FOREVER365 » Logged

dododo_1
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »

I downloaded that file and put it in the codes section on my SD Card but nothing is different at all.

@Forever365 What is a file directory? If you would make that for me that would be the coolest! I do not plan on hacking anything else on my wii after I do this. Thank you both for being so patient and willing to help me.

Post Merge: September 05, 2014, 02:50:32 PM
    I honestly do not understand why this is not working. I have a codes file on the root of my SD card with a Real codes.txt with all the codes from the pack I downloaded and an RSBE01.gct in the codes file. I also have a folder labeled private with folders in that one saying wii<app<rsbe<pf<and then all these folders in the pf folder like fighters and whatever else. I don't know why this is not working.

Post Merge: September 05, 2014, 03:11:44 PM
    Am I supposed to actually open the RSBE01.gct file and put the codes directly on that somehow?
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:11:44 PM by dododo_1 » Logged

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:02 PM »

Would you mind giving a picture of your SD root?

dododo_1
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »

Post Merge: September 05, 2014, 05:54:39 PM
    The only files I really care about are the CTGPR and newerSMBW ones, the others are just emulators that I can get rid of if needed
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:54:39 PM by dododo_1 » Logged

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »

Post Merge: September 05, 2014, 05:54:39 PM
    The only files I really care about are the CTGPR and newerSMBW ones, the others are just emulators that I can get rid of if needed

okay man i got whats going on here. first things first copy everything and put it somewhere safe the format the card, im guessing since you have all that stuff on your card you might have a 4 gb sd card or 8....if you do that could be the reason your hacks arent working properly. just incase this is confusing im gonna break it down step by step because you may want to put more hacks in later and may forget how to do it soo its best just to learn everything you need. just start form scratch. so you wont have any problems with what you have. your going to have to use the riivolution way if you want this stuff. (not important- if you want brawl ex then gecko is highly recommended but if not then forget it) plus riivo you can have custom music and sounds, same for gecko but its much harder to do

1st. Move current files somewhere safe but off the sd card

2nd. Format card(FAT 32)

3rd. download the file from link i made for you link- http://www.mediafire.com/download/qlf46cme517u714/SD+CARD+setup.rar

4th. Put your files in and Enjoy, everything is set for you all you need is to read the READ MEs and you will have everything you need.

i usually dont do this but that took alot of time. im sure you will have it now

dododo_1
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 05:25:28 PM »

Wow! Thank you so much for doing this for me! I only have Macs though and I can not open code manager on my mac. Is there no hope for me or is there a way to open code manager on my mac?

Post Merge: September 06, 2014, 05:28:17 PM
    And I don't want to make my own characters or anything, I just want to use this pack : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203792

how do I get that pack to work?

Post Merge: September 06, 2014, 08:11:06 PM
    Ok, so I replaced some the files you gave me with the ones from the pack I downloaded and made sure to put every one in the right file. I got the hack to work somewhat! The main page is edited showing who did the hack and everything looks a little different. However, once I go to choose my character, there are no characters to choose from at all!

Like I said before, I have a Mac so it says that I can not open code manager because it is a windows app. Is that the problem? Do I actually have to specifically enter all the codes from the codes.txt provided in the pack I downloaded to code manager for this to work, or is something else the problem? I am so sorry that I can't figure this out!
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:11:06 PM by dododo_1 » Logged

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »

Wow! Thank you so much for doing this for me! I only have Macs though and I can not open code manager on my mac. Is there no hope for me or is there a way to open code manager on my mac?

Post Merge: September 06, 2014, 05:28:17 PM
    And I don't want to make my own characters or anything, I just want to use this pack : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203792

how do I get that pack to work?

Post Merge: September 06, 2014, 08:11:06 PM
    Ok, so I replaced some the files you gave me with the ones from the pack I downloaded and made sure to put every one in the right file. I got the hack to work somewhat! The main page is edited showing who did the hack and everything looks a little different. However, once I go to choose my character, there are no characters to choose from at all!

Like I said before, I have a Mac so it says that I can not open code manager because it is a windows app. Is that the problem? Do I actually have to specifically enter all the codes from the codes.txt provided in the pack I downloaded to code manager for this to work, or is something else the problem? I am so sorry that I can't figure this out!

ok i see your problem. unfortunately i dont think code manager will work, BUT if brawl box works on your mac then go to settings in it nd you should see code manager. as for that particular download its Brawl ex so it is possible but very complicated to work with riivolution so i would suggest to you either to use gecko(the file setup is there already so its really no problem) but coding is going to be an issue and other things...or (highly recommended) you can continue to use riivolution and manually put each character downloaded from this site (not that link) and put them in the game

but yes you will encounter many problems using brawl ex with riivolution.

not important:
    also to sum it up for you, as you get better in hacking brawl you may want to texture edit or vertex edit your character which is honestly not hard at all (a 12 yer old can figure it out) just to give you a feel that you put work into and or someone may have not done something to the character that you would like, trust me when i first started hacking i just wante to play with hacks but then i messed around with stuff and now its actually pretty fun to come up with gret ideas, so i really consider looking into brawlbox.

oh and your welcome!

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: