Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think of this hack (v1.9)?
Great! - 17 (77.3%)
Good. - 1 (4.5%)
Could have been better, but its ok. - 0 (0%)
Meh. - 0 (0%)
Horrible! - 0 (0%)
Too big. - 1 (4.5%)
OPNERFNOWOMG - 0 (0%)
What was the question again? - 3 (13.6%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Unofficial Project M Ridley PSA - Version 2.1 released.  (Read 73625 times)
R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #135 on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:23 AM »

This psa is great but just curious if there is a way to improve the cpu's use of it. For example the cpu doesn't really use the down b move at all. Also the cpu doesn't really recover that well:
     SSBB: Samus VS Ridley
    SSBB: Ridley VS Samus

There is a way to fix that, but don't ask me for that. I know nothing of how to change AI in SSBB/PM (but it certainly is possible). And recovery issues might also be because of a bug with his Up B (he doesn't regains it after getting hit). Either way, at least he is better than he was before. He can get some awesome stuff done through DAir, NAir and FAir...if you aren't lucky with him. This is one of the things that must be fixed, along with his right half of body and feet.
    eh Im fine with that. besides i play boss battles in project m alot more cause of that..its worht a good chuckle every now and then. and his gfx too? cool double practice session then....well wish me luck then XD heres to hoping i dont screw up

He rarely uses his own GFX, so, not much stuff to change in his coding. Good luck either way.

Wanted to show you something:

This is a slightly outdated image (he should have only 3 fingers on each hand and longer torso), but whatever. Its a separate PSA that is going to be a semi-clone of Other M Ridley. Also, this:

I just need to find a way to properly replace Meta Ridley's wings and he will be available as an alt.
    Also, now Other M Ridley has a trophy:

I will replace all KI trophies to make sure he fits in his category.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:25 PM »

Why havent anybody replied here yet? These things are awesome! specially dat trophy (seriously, it doesnt really look like brawl anymore there lol)
    talking about Ridley, I attempted to make the alts you sent me time ago and wellp.. I had some troubles starting by the base
    by any chance, do you have a .max file of the model before you imported it so I can use it as a base for the alts?

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »

Why havent anybody replied here yet? These things are awesome! specially dat trophy (seriously, it doesnt really look like brawl anymore there lol)
    talking about Ridley, I attempted to make the alts you sent me time ago and wellp.. I had some troubles starting by the base
    by any chance, do you have a .max file of the model before you imported it so I can use it as a base for the alts?

Don't know. Thread on Smashboards is a lot more active. It got to over 100 pages already. And there has been a lot of stuff done that i didn't shared here because KC-MM merges double posts even when its not needed. I'll try to upload them here soon. For now, just an announcement - version 2.0 is getting released within this week.

Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7secmo1bghipev5/meta%20ridley%20parts.max?dl=0 Im not sure it will work because i didn't made it. Drogoth did. Oh, and btw, could you fix his beak? It has some pretty weird lighting on it because i messed something up while turning it from a duck beak to this.

EDIT: Ooh boy, how much stuff i have to tell ya. Lets start with the basic stuff:
    Note: open the spoiler to see the animation/image and description. All of the spoilers have description in them, so, just reading what has been done through this list without reading descriptions won't help much.
    Now Ridley uses new model (which was scaled up by KJP and fixed by Dr.):

It has thicker and more curved horns, no arm and leg spikes, fixed beak (now it doesn't has this weird lighting on it), smaller overbite, thinner jaws, slightly different back of the head, thicker and shorter tail (now his range is around Dedede's rather than being longer), classic arrowhead design for tail blade and more curved tail spikes. Pose used here is used for his new CSPs and other kind of icons. Its based off unused icon (which looks like it could be used for a CSP in SSB4, but other bosses have it too, so, no stupid theories on that) for SSB4 Ridley. This model has few issues though and its rig has been affected in several places, with most noticable one being his neck. If this won't be fixed within this week, then oh well. Its not noticable during the fight, fortunately.
    Firebrand recolor is no longer in the default pack (it will be a separate download) and is replaced by Meta Ridley recolor:

I still want the real thing to be available, so, this is just a substitute. Its skin isn't just grey. Its a heavely desaturated default color. Wing membranes here are exactly same as on Brawl Meta Ridley, so, they are transparent and i think they also glow in the dark. Not sure about this one.
    Misc things have been added. Im talking about things like this:

Trophy model is also getting remade to use same pose as his CSP does and to have newest model.
    Other M model is once again available, but this time, it has true Other M colors:

Comes with the default pack. Has all 10 recolors on it. Wing membranes here have messed up normals on certain parts, but its not noticable during the fight.
    New Down B:

YOU EXPECTED A NEW DOWN B, BUT IT WASN'T  DIO EITHER!
    It is based off his ram/charge/tackle/rush/whatever attack from original Metroid Prime (so, he leans back really far). He leans back for 30 frames (first 20 frames have light armor on Ridley that is easy to break through, but it prevents him from flinching when hit by weak attacks), then rushes forward at high speed, knocking everyone out of his way (while going forward, he has heavy armor on him that prevents him from flinching from most normal attacks). Has high hit lag. If opponent is too close when he starts going forward, said opponent will be launched forward and then hit again by the main part of this attack. This attack does not prevents him from going off the stage. If he still remains on the stage after performing it, he will land as if he just landed after helpless state, so, it may be safer to go off the stage with it unless your opponent has tools required to prevent Ridley from recovering (Samus is a good example of that since she has long ranged projectiles that can easily be spammed and they also can KO him).
    Ridley's hurtboxes are fixed now:

This doesn't helps too much, but still a good change.
    New Up Taunt:

Its pretty long, so, don't use it unless opponent is guaranteed to be KOed. Or if you want to use Smash Taunt, which was on Down Taunt before. Now it has higher range and doesn't affects anyone in the air. But since taunt's animation is too long, opponent will most likely be able to punish you for using this.
    New Down Taunt:

While his mouth is open, he sort of hisses and some kind of fire saliva or something (same as what Charizard has on Neutral B and FSmash) drops from his mouth. And it actually deals 8% damage total. Hitbox on it is too small for it to really be used and opponent will most likely be able to punish you after fire no longer hurts.
    Revamped FTilt:

It can be angled (this changes its launch trajectory too), it has same knockback values as Ganondorf's (while it has more range, its inferiour in terms of speed and it has to be sweetspotted) and its pretty quick like Charizard's old FTilt (one with tail swipe). Its 12 frames faster than previous version. Animation shown here is slightly outdated. I added more torso and arm movement and changed angle.
    Revamped UTilt:

It deals 13% and can hit behind him. It has longer start up (17 instead of 13) and hitboxes disappear earlier (13 frames instead of 17) while still having same (or higher, don't remember) end lag (15 frames). Animation itself looks like this without any GFX and from the other side:

Note: animations shown are slightly outdated. Now his left leg stays in place properly and animation has few added details.
    Lil' Kirby Hat!

It is purely aesthetic though. He still uses arrows. Based off SchAlternate (from Smashboards and deviantArt)'s drawing of Kirby with a Ridley hat. Tail and wings don't move, but they make this hat look less boring.
    Updated fire GFX:

Now it looks a lot more original and just overall better than before. Its painful to properly pose though.
    New FThrow:

Its just a simple claw swipe. Opponent is launched at around 70 degree up. Originally was pretty much a clone of Mewtwo's SSB4 FThrow, but it wasn't possible to do without it being useless on certain characters.
    New Back Roll animation:

This is a recreation of SilentDo0m's animation. Nothing special about it.
    New DTilt:

This is a recreation of SilentDo0m's animation. Now its more like Bowser's DTilt. First part has very low fixed knockback. Goes into 2nd part if A is pressed at certait point.
    2nd part of the attack:

This one has normal knockback and launches opponent up.
    New Sidestep/Spot Dodge:

This is a recreation of SilentDo0m's animation. Its not as good though.
    New dash animation:

This is a recreation of SilentDo0m's animation. Running animation is still same though. This change is purely aesthetic. But i have "flying" running animation ready just in case.
    Also, fireballs are back, but there is nothing special about them.
    Other than that, there have been a lot of various nerfs and buffs and now Ridley feels more balanced than before, thanks to beta testers from Smashboards (they are Cpt., Dastardly Ridleylash, GerbilCrab475, ggmonx, MerryShadow, NXero, PrinceGal3n, Warzenschwein, Weiss and _Ganondorf_). Hopefully they will remain for next versions so i wouldn't have to go blind with those as i did with all versions except for v1.0. I'll properly give credit in readme file, which im going to revamp too.

As for stuff not related to v2.0, here are 2 things i want to show:

At some point in the future, i want to fix Ridley's thrown animations. This is possible thanks to BrawlBox v0.76, as shown above, but model's right arm and leg have messed up shading and this whole thing requires all animations to be edited. So, this is not going to be done for v2.0.

Yet again thanks to BrawlBox v0.76, i scaled it down and fixed few bones (for example, wings are no longer going apes**t when rotated, his tongue bones are attached to his jaw bone and said jaw no longer requires complex math to properly rotate) to make it easier to animate. I also changed few things about it. Red eyes are not intentional and will be fixed once i'll figure out how to fix them.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:19:33 AM by R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ » Logged

masamune
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: June 18, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »

Looking forward to that Ridley (these animations are really good)!
    Do you plan to make a BrawlEx version for 2.0?

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2015, 07:29:03 AM »

Looking forward to that Ridley (these animations are really good)!
    Do you plan to make a BrawlEx version for 2.0?
    Thanks.
    If i'll figure out how to make those.

Another new change - now Ridley uses different and overall more varied SFX (im talking about things like roars). I used some of themaziest (from smashboards)'s SFX, but also added my own. SFX consists of roars from Other M and SSB4 (this version is just edited Brawl roars, but they work a lot better) Ridley, Metroid Prime 1 Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley and there also is Adolescent Ridley's hiss for Down Taunt. I wanted to use Omega Pirate's laugh for Side Taunt and Up Throw too, but it didn't fit well, so, im just going to make a new one from Ridley's roars as it was in previous version. Other things that will change are his Final Smash (idea itself won't change, but execution will) and intro animation.
    Oh, and the release is set somewhere within this week. Most likely Sunday (which is the first day of the week for some people, but International Organization for Standardization ISO 8601 says its the last one).
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:33:00 AM by R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ » Logged

pokemoner2500
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: June 21, 2015, 10:17:55 AM »

Any chance you can tell me what program you used to set the attack data, ex damage, knockback etc.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: June 21, 2015, 10:26:09 AM »

You must be new here.

BrawlBox v0.68b

Project Smash Attacks

BrawlBox v0.68b: Easy to use, but it's not entirely stable, so use this version of BrawlBox only if you know what you're doing.

Project Smash Attacks: Not entirely easy to use, but it's quite stable. Use this if you're just starting out.
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:27:55 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »

Version 2.0 has been released.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676
    No fancy showcase or anything. At least for now. Thanks for waiting and thanks to beta testers (, Dr., pikazz, KingJigglypuff and...someone i unfortunately forgot...anyway, thanks for helping.
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:19:34 AM by R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ » Logged

Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2015, 09:47:37 PM »

Version 2.1 is released: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676
    Now its compatible with Project M 3.6.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
    Print
    Jump to: