Pay me to program for you (Expired)

Started by BlackJax96, September 20, 2014, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 20, 2014, 05:12:25 AM Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:49:49 AM by BlackJax96
I'm not doing this anymore, thanks to everyone who bought a feature! Hope you enjoy them.

I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums nah nevermind, youre blackjax I doubt rules even apply to you lol

Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 20, 2014, 01:56:58 PM
I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums

it is. but since he says "donations" i guess thats a work around? i wouldnt waste my money on it though. but i could see this working out, i guess
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'd pay you 1 gorillian dollars if you could get shaders to be rendered in the previewer.

Is there a base/ballpark price you had in mind for each feature? There aren't as many people around as there once was so I hope it isn't too high.

Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 20, 2014, 01:56:58 PM
I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums nah nevermind, youre blackjax I doubt rules even apply to you lol

He's not making Brawl hacks for money, he's programming the program used to make hacks. There's a difference.

P.S. I would pay you, BlackJax, to add a button to BrawlBox to auto-calculate whether or not a file is too large and will crash, and to make it possible to import Blender vertex-grouped models to BrawlBox without crashing, but I don't have any money, since I do everything I do for free. :'(

As someone not talking out of their ass, I approve of this idea.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

September 20, 2014, 05:38:37 PM #6 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:13:11 PM by Gamidame_K
Quote from: LC-DDM on September 20, 2014, 04:16:49 PM
As someone not talking out of their ass
I consider this comment pretty edgy

Post Merge: September 20, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

but now, before a drama or an argument starts, I want to leave clear Im not against this, I have actually planned the same for myself in the future, but I think a hobby like this shouldnt be seen as a stressing job

I approve of this, and as i told ya via skype, i'd give ya money for the SCN0 fixes that I told ya about and u recently looked into. Just dont have the money for that yet atm.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 20, 2014, 06:31:47 PM #8 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:33:23 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 20, 2014, 01:56:58 PM
I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums

How is programming equivalent to making Brawl mods?

Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 20, 2014, 02:42:03 PM
it is. but since he says "donations" i guess thats a work around?

No, it's just called a donation pool because you're not directly paying me for a specific feature.

Quote from: Gravity on September 20, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
I'd pay you 1 gorillian dollars if you could get shaders to be rendered in the previewer.

Is there a base/ballpark price you had in mind for each feature? There aren't as many people around as there once was so I hope it isn't too high.

Yeah, I can quote any feature you want. Unfortunately rendering shaders is a more extreme feature and would take up a lot of my time researching and developing, so it'd be like, $350 or so (sorry :(). It would include all the realtime editors in the model viewer and support for SCN0 light and fog, though.

Simpler features are 97.14% cheaper. o-o

Quote from: windhunter7 on September 20, 2014, 03:40:25 PM
P.S. I would pay you, BlackJax, to add a button to BrawlBox to auto-calculate whether or not a file is too large and will crash, and to make it possible to import Blender vertex-grouped models to BrawlBox without crashing, but I don't have any money, since I do everything I do for free. :'(

I don't think you can "auto-calculate" something like that. It depends on the available RAM space when the game loads the file.

What do you mean by Blender vertex-grouped models? DAEs exported from Blender? Obj files?
Adding an obj importer would probably be like, $15. Bug fixing DAE models exported from Blender would probably be $10.

Quote from: windhunter7 on September 20, 2014, 03:40:25 PM
He's not making Brawl hacks for money, he's programming the program used to make hacks. There's a difference.

Thank you. I even said I already double checked with the admins. If people could read...

Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 20, 2014, 05:38:37 PM
I consider this comment pretty edgy

Post Merge: September 20, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

but now, before a drama or an argument starts, I want to leave clear Im not against this, I have actually planned the same for myself in the future, but I think a hobby like this shouldnt be seen as a stressing job

I don't need to know about how edgy you think things are or your plans to illegally charge people for brawl mods in here, I just need to know if people will pay me to write some text files that just so happen to make interesting things occur on a windows computer when compiled.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 20, 2014, 06:31:47 PM
I don't think you can "auto-calculate" something like that. It depends on the available RAM space when the game loads the file.

What do you mean by Blender vertex-grouped models? DAEs exported from Blender? Obj files?
Adding an obj importer would probably be like, $15. Bug fixing DAE models exported from Blender would probably be $10.

It wouldn't be hard to auto-calculate; the button could check the name of the ARC file(e.g. FitMarth00), apply the default filesize(In a formula, putting that filesize in the formula; e.g. 988 KB), check the filesize(the filesize of your new character texture or import; e.g. 900 KB), and subtract the newer filesize(900 KB) from the default filesize(988 KB); if it's equal to or greater than 0(The value of this would be 88), than the filesize would be fine.(In this case, it would be ok)(Btw, I myself wouldn't actually need this button, since I have all of the Brawl files, so I can easily check, but other people might find this button useful if it's possible to make.)

As for Blender files, it would be awesome to be able to import .dae with vertex groups from Blender into BB, but even just .obj importing from Blender would be cool.(Assigning the .obj to a single bone, as Blender .obj can't have bones.)

I know basic math, trust me. I just don't like that brute-force style of approach that's only specific to Brawl. It wouldn't always be correct, either. I just said it depends on the RAM availability.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 20, 2014, 07:04:25 PM
I know basic math, trust me. I just don't like that brute-force style of approach that's only specific to Brawl. It wouldn't always be correct, either. I just said it depends on the RAM availability.

Then I'll code a non-BrawlBox version of it with Python, that people could use. :-\

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 20, 2014, 06:31:47 PM
Yeah, I can quote any feature you want. Unfortunately rendering shaders is a more extreme feature and would take up a lot of my time researching and developing, so it'd be like, $350 or so (sorry :(). It would include all the realtime editors in the model viewer and support for SCN0 light and fog, though.

Simpler features are 97.14% cheaper. o-o

Honestly that sounds about right xD that's a pretty major feature, and from when i looked into it, would take alot of research. I looked into it only for a short period of time when i was researching how BBox renders things in the model previewer....and then decided that a more useful output for that amount of work would be a previewer for the REFF particle emitters lol. Though that in itself is also a fair amount of work, if it would even work..i haven't looked too much into it

I'd throw some money your way, sure. It just depends on what you're working on.

I say you should make a list of larger projects with monetary goals that we as a community can strive to meet. That way the more desired features can be completed before less desired features.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay a fairly large amount (~$100 or so) for an unrestricted costume engine. I know you can't do this though, as it requires modding Brawl directly... :(

I like the idea of Blackjax programming because you set us up for greatness with Brawlbox, but how exactly is this "legal"? I mean, if you pay a transaction for something you want, that's considered buying services, and since you are requesting the product you want bought, that's considered buying the product as well. Like the idea, just iffy on the whole "pay me and you get stuff" as a donation lol