[LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)

Started by TheGamerKidTy, October 05, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?

Yes
No
I don't care
Quote from: TheOneSword on March 25, 2015, 04:10:45 AM
When I try to load this up on HBC, I click Project M Launcher, and then it takes me to the PM interface. I click play, and it goes black for a minute, starts up, goes to the regular Brawl interface, and the character is not there anymore. Can someone help? I'm using an 8GB SDHC card, and all I did was copy the downloaded files, and tried to add Goku by MrUnusual, Maxi, SiLeNtDo0m, DivineOverlord, Jaklub, Mariodk, BigBadBooya, diedhammer98, Dot with credit to MarioDK, Beyond, SiLeNtDo0m, divineoverlord, Jaklub, BigBadBooya, ads15, KTH, Diedhammer98, 2DaMax92. I don't exactly know much about adding characters.

I can help you with that.
Though Nintendo Wii mods can support 8GB SD cards, some games were made that can not support 8GB SD Cards, usually early Nintendo Wii games can not support 8GB. And Brawl can not support 8GB SD cards, sadly. A 2GB SD card (or lower) is guaranteed to work with Brawl. If you have a Nintendo 3DS and have not changed the SD Cards around, there should be a 2GB SD card in there by default. Just swap the files on the SD cards and put the 8GB SD Card in your 3DS and 2GB in your Wii or Wii U.

If you're playing on Nintendo Wii U, I should note that you have to boot up Virtual Wii Mode, then insert the SD card, because for some reason, then the SD Card won't be picked up or something like that.

Hope this helped.
- Ultra
Super Smash Bros. - Retro ReMIX
A Retro-Inspired Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod.

Quote from: UltraN64 on March 25, 2015, 08:02:51 AM
I can help you with that.
Though Nintendo Wii mods can support 8GB SD cards, some games were made that can not support 8GB SD Cards, usually early Nintendo Wii games can not support 8GB. And Brawl can not support 8GB SD cards, sadly. A 2GB SD card (or lower) is guaranteed to work with Brawl. If you have a Nintendo 3DS and have not changed the SD Cards around, there should be a 2GB SD card in there by default. Just swap the files on the SD cards and put the 8GB SD Card in your 3DS and 2GB in your Wii or Wii U.

If you're playing on Nintendo Wii U, I should note that you have to boot up Virtual Wii Mode, then insert the SD card, because for some reason, then the SD Card won't be picked up or something like that.

Hope this helped.
- Ultra

or add this to your codes, allowing brawl to read SD cards up to 32 gigs:
SDHC Extension 1.1[Bero]
* C23CB3D8 00000004
* 546302D7 41820014
* 38600001 3C808058
* 60840300 90640000
* 2C1D0000 00000000
* C23EEE18 00000007
* 80610014 54630253
* 41820028 38000009
* 8061000C 5463C43E
* 38630001 1CC30400
* 3C60803E 6063EE58
* 7C6903A6 4E800420
* 80A1000C 00000000
* C23CB620 00000008
* 3D60805A 616B9350
* 816B0000 2C0B0000
* 41820024 2C040040
* 4182001C 39600001
* 91610008 3D60803C
* 616BB410 7D6903A6
* 4E800420 9421FFC0
* 60000000 00000000
* C23CB4AC 00000003
* 38C00000 2C160000
* 41820008 38C00001
* 60000000 00000000
* C23CB5D4 00000009
* 807C001C 2C030001
* 806DCE1C 41820034
* 80030000 90190000
* 80030004 90190004
* 80030008 90190008
* 8003000C 9019000C
* 3C60803C 6063B5E0
* 7C6903A6 4E800420
* 60000000 00000000
* 043EEA20 48191905
* 043EEC1C 48191709
* 06580324 00000028
* 3F008058 63180300
* 83180000 2C180000
* 4182000C 7CB92B78
* 48000008 7F2531D6
* 548006FF 4E800020
* 043EEB6C 481917E1
* 043EED68 481915E5
* 0658034C 00000028
* 3C608058 60630300
* 80630000 2C030000
* 4182000C 3B390001
* 48000008 7F39BA14
* 4E800020 00000000
* 043CBA24 481B48E1
* 043CBD60 481B45A5
* 06580304 00000020
* 3EC08058 62D60300
* 82D60000 2C160000
* 41820008 7C802378
* 7C040040 4E800020
* C23EE0BC 00000003
* 38000000 3C60805A
* 60639350 90030000
* 3C60805A 00000000

Thanks for the help
Quote from: Sirkura on March 25, 2015, 01:02:34 PM
or add this to your codes, allowing brawl to read SD cards up to 32 gigs:
SDHC Extension 1.1[Bero]
* C23CB3D8 00000004
* 546302D7 41820014
* 38600001 3C808058
* 60840300 90640000
* 2C1D0000 00000000
* C23EEE18 00000007
* 80610014 54630253
* 41820028 38000009
* 8061000C 5463C43E
* 38630001 1CC30400
* 3C60803E 6063EE58
* 7C6903A6 4E800420
* 80A1000C 00000000
* C23CB620 00000008
* 3D60805A 616B9350
* 816B0000 2C0B0000
* 41820024 2C040040
* 4182001C 39600001
* 91610008 3D60803C
* 616BB410 7D6903A6
* 4E800420 9421FFC0
* 60000000 00000000
* C23CB4AC 00000003
* 38C00000 2C160000
* 41820008 38C00001
* 60000000 00000000
* C23CB5D4 00000009
* 807C001C 2C030001
* 806DCE1C 41820034
* 80030000 90190000
* 80030004 90190004
* 80030008 90190008
* 8003000C 9019000C
* 3C60803C 6063B5E0
* 7C6903A6 4E800420
* 60000000 00000000
* 043EEA20 48191905
* 043EEC1C 48191709
* 06580324 00000028
* 3F008058 63180300
* 83180000 2C180000
* 4182000C 7CB92B78
* 48000008 7F2531D6
* 548006FF 4E800020
* 043EEB6C 481917E1
* 043EED68 481915E5
* 0658034C 00000028
* 3C608058 60630300
* 80630000 2C030000
* 4182000C 3B390001
* 48000008 7F39BA14
* 4E800020 00000000
* 043CBA24 481B48E1
* 043CBD60 481B45A5
* 06580304 00000020
* 3EC08058 62D60300
* 82D60000 2C160000
* 41820008 7C802378
* 7C040040 4E800020
* C23EE0BC 00000003
* 38000000 3C60805A
* 60639350 90030000
* 3C60805A 00000000

Thanks for the help everyone! But I still have a few questions. I'm not sure how to edit the code or where it is. I got a 2GB SD Card, but I'm not sure how to make it so Goku is in it.

Post Merge: March 25, 2015, 09:43:16 PM

OK so actually I got Goku in. I changed the character select screen to show an image of Goku now (via BrawlCostumeManager) but now I've run into a different problem. When I go to the Character Select Screen, now it replaced Pit's character select also! Choosing the Pit one still makes you pit, but the Goku one makes you goku. How do I make it so It's seperate?

It looks like Goku has the same cosmetics ID as Pit, resulting in the shared image. To fix this, go into the Cosmetic Config for Goku and make sure it's unique. Then follow a tutorial on adding CSPs for BEX characters (search on KC-MM, I'm on mobile right now) to properly add cosmetics.

Quote from: DaDuckHuntDog on March 25, 2015, 11:09:55 PM
It looks like Goku has the same cosmetics ID as Pit, resulting in the shared image. To fix this, go into the Cosmetic Config for Goku and make sure it's unique. Then follow a tutorial on adding CSPs for BEX characters (search on KC-MM, I'm on mobile right now) to properly add cosmetics.
How do I go to Cosmetic Config?

Theoretically, couldn't you take the content from 3.5 and just add it onto 3.0.2?

Yes, but some movesets require certain codes to function, specifically Squirtle, since he has important codes for SSE compatibility that hide Pokemon Trainer when in normal matches. Also, no All-star, Debug, or Stamina.

Quote from: frost hawk on March 26, 2015, 07:35:54 AM
Theoretically, couldn't you take the content from 3.5 and just add it onto 3.0.2?

I'm working on it, its not that simple sadly. BeX and the "Clone Engin" from pm work differently (yet similar tbh <.< but thats another discusion) a lot of BeX is incompatible with CE codes. i'm working on removing all cosmetics, IC constants, and a few other things from the PM GCT. the BeX system will not work with any of those in there. and there is no decrypted file of the 3.5 system so i have to do a lot of guess work.

Thanks everyone for the replies, but how do i go into Cosmetic Config to make Goku unique from Pit?

Does anyone have a custom project m D.I.Y build I can try out with added characters? I'm having struggles adding characters myself, I've been trying for a year already and I would like to try out someone else's.

Post Merge: March 30, 2015, 07:46:24 PM

Double post but 3.6 is already coming out! What are u guys going to do about it?

Quote from: TheDarkKnight on March 29, 2015, 09:01:50 PM
Does anyone have a custom project m D.I.Y build I can try out with added characters? I'm having struggles adding characters myself, I've been trying for a year already and I would like to try out someone else's.

Post Merge: March 30, 2015, 07:46:24 PM

Double post but 3.6 is already coming out! What are u guys going to do about it?
At the very least, you could try Project Unbound 0.3 Beta. It includes Pichu and Lucina, and works off a similar BrawlEX build to Project D.I.Y.

On another note, I'm glad to hear that Sirkura is still working hard on the clone engine; I'm fairly certain that Project M 3.6 will retain the same engine with minor tweaks and upgrades. It's a shame the source code isn't available, but hopefully some major progress will appear in the coming days. Thanks for your help! Both Project D.I.Y. and Unbound will greatly benefit from this.

Quote from: SmashAmass on March 30, 2015, 11:31:26 PM
At the very least, you could try Project Unbound 0.3 Beta. It includes Pichu and Lucina, and works off a similar BrawlEX build to Project D.I.Y.

On another note, I'm glad to hear that Sirkura is still working hard on the clone engine; I'm fairly certain that Project M 3.6 will retain the same engine with minor tweaks and upgrades. It's a shame the source code isn't available, but hopefully some major progress will appear in the coming days. Thanks for your help! Both Project D.I.Y. and Unbound will greatly benefit from this.
i'm actualy semi familliar to the alternate loader i think. thats the only major thing they added. i can't remember if thats done with the file patch or a seperate code however, i'll need to look. i have it saved somewhere. if its a file patch edit, you may need need to sacrifice the alternate stages unless someone wants to take the time to add the coding to it.

on a plus note i can now easily find any clone related coding with ease. i'm pretty familliar with its set up now. i think most the freezes i'm experiencing currently are due to IC constants i'm missing somewhere. all things things like "samus has crawl" or "mewtwo has multi jab" need to be removed and edited in the fighter config files.

Just wondering, is there an easier way to add cosmetic files to a CSS? (CSP, ICON, ETC) or maybe have a CSS available that has max cosmetics added? its such a pain doing them one by one. anyway i'm gonna test the codes i have out soon, and post the results. i'm getting closer i think. i'm hoping that the edits to allstar modes stocks don't affect BeX in 3.6, but we will see.

Update: April 06, 2015, 07:42:27 AM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Update!: April 06, 2015, 08:36:33 AM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Update!!: April 06, 2015, 09:04:03 AM

Alright i've weeded out the codes. compared the new GCT with the old one, this is whats left. these should be what are needed to completely remove PM's cosmetic and clone engine. Here's the GCT, let me know what errors you experience. (black screen at strap menu, silent freeze, buzz freeze, what menu it crashes at, etc) be as detailed as you can <3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4keh6qp7q1u6154/RSBE01(DIYBeta2).gct


Are the codes done now? If it is prepare for a storm of hype