[LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)

Started by TheGamerKidTy, October 05, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?

Yes
No
I don't care
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on April 22, 2015, 01:51:23 AM
i noticed if you started the match, but don't move, then go back, it wont freeze, but a good set of attacks and movement and you get a freeze. Not really sure exactly whats going on with it.

Hmm... how interesting... I've never dealt with something like this before. I hope we can find a fix for this.

I find it very interesting that after 3.5 we started having these weird problems even though Roy and Mewtwo's movesets haven't been changed by a whole lot. Is it possible that the PM Dev Team actually figured out some way to manipulate these glitches to keep people like us modifying it artificially? Okay, maybe I'm looking too deep into the matter... Regardless it is still very strange.

Tomorrow I will test all the stages to make sure that there are no glitches. The platforms on the Training Room stage were impossible to stand on; you'd just fall right through. I'm not sure if this is intentional (why would they add platforms you couldn't stand on?) or if we have to find a way to fix it. Anyways, I will be back with the test results of all the stages soon.

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on April 22, 2015, 02:33:40 AM
The platforms on the Training Room stage were impossible to stand on; you'd just fall right through. I'm not sure if this is intentional (why would they add platforms you couldn't stand on?) or if we have to find a way to fix it.

That was a mistake the PMDT forgot to fix. Thankfully someone else fixed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aawrbg1o4lk61a0/STGONLINETRAINING.pac

Hell, you might as well look through this thread and use its assets.

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-visual-fixing-updating-thread-lastest-update-10-03-15.384954/
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on April 21, 2015, 08:44:21 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


i'm already looking into mewtwo, i still have an older mewtwo psa to compare it with that works with BeX.
 
i had freezes with his final smash as well. make sure final smash resources are set up with BeX.  it went away when i made a completely clean slate clean slate for PM. result freezes also went away. atm the build i have doesn't freeze at all.

there are a few other undocumented glitches, that almas pointed out, some characters can not pull off a wave dash due to the way they are coded in PSA. i'm not that good at reading the format so i wouldn't know what to add or remove.  most noticable are mario and DK. i don't think they have a hard fall coded in, thus resulting in undesired results. (ex. DK lands and immediately sheilds instead of wave dashing, mario literally lands on his head >.>) i believe its due to the way PM codes the airdodge.  specifically they have airdodge coded to go into special fall after its performed, then a second code forces that fall to become hard fall. i'll have to look into the codes i ripped see if their is any character related ones needed that compensate for it. although if there are, i do not know if it will be possible to emulate it with BeX.

i'll update te GCT when 3.6 comes out. i probably won't fill out a form to apply (hate paperwork of any kind, do enough of it at work.)  xD but feel free to PM me if you need help. you may also add me to skype if you wish,  pm me if you want my info. i'll be working on a project of my own for a couple days.  (hosting a gaming party, i want to get a few things i'm working finished by tomorrow)

Quote from: Sirkura on April 23, 2015, 07:50:31 PM
i had freezes with his final smash as well. make sure final smash resources are set up with BeX.  it went away when i made a completely clean slate clean slate for PM. result freezes also went away. atm the build i have doesn't freeze at all.

I too set up Project M from scratch not too long ago. Should I do so again? Also, how would I go about making sure the final smash resources are set up? I know it is loading the final smash file in their fighter folders (according to the fighter## files) and I also installed all the BrawlEx core files into their respected places so I'm not sure.

Quote from: Sirkura on April 23, 2015, 07:50:31 PM
i'll update te GCT when 3.6 comes out. i probably won't fill out a form to apply (hate paperwork of any kind, do enough of it at work.)  xD but feel free to PM me if you need help. you may also add me to skype if you wish,  pm me if you want my info. i'll be working on a project of my own for a couple days.  (hosting a gaming party, i want to get a few things i'm working finished by tomorrow)

You don't have to apply to be a member of the team at this point. You have already helped so much that you have shown you are more than capable to be on the team. If you'd like to be officially a part of the team just let me know.

Keep in mind I don't use Skype or anything of the sort just for the sake of internet safety. You can message me on Kitty Corp anytime, though. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Post Merge: April 23, 2015, 08:25:32 PM

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on April 22, 2015, 03:52:54 PM
That was a mistake the PMDT forgot to fix. Thankfully someone else fixed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aawrbg1o4lk61a0/STGONLINETRAINING.pac

Hell, you might as well look through this thread and use its assets.

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-visual-fixing-updating-thread-lastest-update-10-03-15.384954/

Thanks! I'll install all these fixes! (I'm assuming no one wants all these glitches in Project M DIY, right? So I guess there is no harm in doing so.)

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on April 23, 2015, 08:23:25 PM
I too set up Project M from scratch not too long ago. Should I do so again? Also, how would I go about making sure the final smash resources are set up? I know it is loading the final smash file in their fighter folders (according to the fighter## files) and I also installed all the BrawlEx core files into their respected places so I'm not sure.

You don't have to apply to be a member of the team at this point. You have already helped so much that you have shown you are more than capable to be on the team. If you'd like to be officially a part of the team just let me know.

Keep in mind I don't use Skype or anything of the sort just for the sake of internet safety. You can message me on Kitty Corp anytime, though. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Post Merge: April 23, 2015, 08:25:32 PM

Thanks! I'll install all these fixes! (I'm assuming no one wants all these glitches in Project M DIY, right? So I guess there is no harm in doing so.)
No worries my mic is a PoS anyway. xD i'm gonna compile a post of all the codes  i found for easy reference, then i can decrypt necessary files faster. definately need it for tomorrow. not to mention a bug list for things to check.


Reference April 24, 2015, 04:35:46 AM


Problematic Codes
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Patched Codes

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Check List
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Bug List
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


these are things i've found, if you come across more bugs, tell me, i'll add them to the list.

I downloaded this immediately after I saw it. No really I did :P .
But i comment because I have an issue: I just added a clone this morning, but no time to test it due to me having to leave for school. When I finally got home to test my game, it didn't work; I went to the CSS, but the game crashed. I think there's a CSS code that doesn't work, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, I used the BrawlEx Clone Tool, so that may be the issue
Smashy smashy smashyyyyy
SSBU(BrawlEx) Project: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70367.msg1293018#msg1293018

There's a little question i have to ask about the clones. I noticed when doing their Neutral combo(A,A,A....) it doesn't work right. it doesn't always finish the combo, and it feels like you have to push the button on the last frame of the previous animation to continue the combo. Any ways to fix this by any chance?
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Sirkura on April 24, 2015, 03:24:05 AM
Check List
Make Wifi Safe version [✔]
Make Full Version [✖]
Add SSS Expansion [✖]

Oops! Should I be using the WiFi safe version? Well... I guess I have some more work to do.
As for the bugs, I have not seen any others that I know of. I am not sure how to fix the remaining ones either. :-\

Quote from: SmashJay87 on April 24, 2015, 10:24:21 PM
I downloaded this immediately after I saw it. No really I did :P .
But i comment because I have an issue: I just added a clone this morning, but no time to test it due to me having to leave for school. When I finally got home to test my game, it didn't work; I went to the CSS, but the game crashed. I think there's a CSS code that doesn't work, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, I used the BrawlEx Clone Tool, so that may be the issue

That's interesting... I didn't have an issues like that before. I think it might be because of the clone engine. I did have some problems with the logo watermarks in the past so I will attempt to fix that in this upcoming update.

Quote from: Ghost Wolf on April 25, 2015, 05:44:06 PM
There's a little question i have to ask about the clones. I noticed when doing their Neutral combo(A,A,A....) it doesn't work right. it doesn't always finish the combo, and it feels like you have to push the button on the last frame of the previous animation to continue the combo. Any ways to fix this by any chance?

I never have had a problem like that before. Could it be a problem with the moveset you downloaded?

I don't think its really my movesets that i downloaded. every one of them that i downloaded had this problem. I believe its a code in the codeset messing up the jab combos, namely the one that removes the rapid jab, as it does this if you use a custom moveset even in the normal unmodded Project M.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Ghost Wolf on May 07, 2015, 11:38:43 PM
I don't think its really my movesets that i downloaded. every one of them that i downloaded had this problem. I believe its a code in the codeset messing up the jab combos, as it does this if you use a custom moveset in the normal unmodded Project M.

Well then I'm pretty sure it has to do with Project M and not BrawlEx. If possible I will try to fix it but I'm not sure if that is possible.

thanks. i beleive it's the Rapid jab removal code, but i could be wrong. it's just an assumption. Hows the progress by the way? haven't had any activity in a while.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Ghost Wolf on May 07, 2015, 11:55:00 PM
thanks. i beleive it's the Rapid jab removal code, but i could be wrong. it's just an assumption. Hows the progress by the way? haven't had any activity in a while.

Not the best. I can usually figure out how to fix some problems but I am honestly stumped on quite a few of them. It's just that over the past few months I have been busier with school and life and all that stuff so it's been tough. From now on I'm going to find a time in my day where I can get a fair amount of work done. Hopefully I can find an hour and a half a day.

Speaking of which, I'm going to post about some of the problems I have been having still so hopefully a few of you guys could help me. Stay tuned.

Alright. I'll keep a look out. Sirkura's Beta gcts both work flawlessly. Both the airdodge and non airdodge versions.(except for roy and mewtwo having glitches) And im sure the jab glitch is Project M's fault. Just thought i'd add some feedback.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


I installed all the fixes from here (Thanks for showing me this, HypnotizeOverdrive!) so that fixes a few issues with PM itself, but I am still having the same issues as I did before. I am still very stumped. :-\ Hopefully you guys can help.

For those who don't know, here is a list of all the issues I am having right now:

Roy crashes on final smash/results screen (I tried what Sikura said and it didn't fix it. Maybe I did it wrong?)
Mewtwo shadow ball invisible
DK uses shield on wave dash.
Mario has no hard fall


Thank you all for being so patient and waiting for this update to be released. -Ty

Quote from: Ghost Wolf on May 08, 2015, 01:41:23 AM
Alright. I'll keep a look out. Sirkura's Beta gcts both work flawlessly. Both the airdodge and non airdodge versions.(except for roy and mewtwo having glitches) And im sure the jab glitch is Project M's fault. Just thought i'd add some feedback.

actually PM's codes have a lot of IC constants you might need to add. like lucario has 2 jabs instead of 3, samus has crawl, etc. you will need to edit the fighterconfig file to change it. mario and DK are most probably PSA related. you need to find out how they have it coded, psa unfortunately is not my forte. mewtwo and roy i've had freezes but they mostly went away for me. result crashes i would double check the result screen portraits, make sure they have everything needed. final smash make sure the character has "fitcharacterfinal.pac" and the fighter config is set to "final smash = single"

i'm not really certain what is wrong with mewtwo, still stumped on that one. maybe try using the older mewtwo PSA?

another thing i noticed is Roy and mewtwo tend to crash in allstar more btw. (usually when attacks go off at the same time or the final smash breaks, not used) i a'm kinda wondering if its an overflow in data, meaning too much memory at once for the wii to handle.