Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
what ever you want to appear when he has the smash ball, set the model's bone visibility to YellowEyeM
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Onii-chan on December 02, 2014, 01:22:34 PM
what ever you want to appear when he has the smash ball, set the model's bone visibility to YellowEyeM

does this simply re-arrange the layer order of the objects or does it make an object temporarily disappear all together? if so, how does it know which object to make vanish? might be easier to explain zss' expressions to me.

Quote from: KWVance on December 02, 2014, 03:01:53 PM
does this simply re-arrange the layer order of the objects or does it make an object temporarily disappear all together? if so, how does it know which object to make vanish? might be easier to explain zss' expressions to me.
Here's a tutorial on doing model changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS79S6VYpnc
I think you're better off doing this if you don't want the object to last the entire final smash.

I am making the zipped file as small as possible for easy download. Pack will be up tonight. Be sure to read the update I'll put in the original OP. It will contain a fix list among other general additions, as well as talk about certain things you can expect to see in the future so long as you stick with Brawl 4 All. See you all tonight!

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Message re-sent.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Nebulon on December 02, 2014, 08:29:13 PM
I am making the zipped file as small as possible for easy download. Pack will be up tonight. Be sure to read the update I'll put in the original OP. It will contain a fix list among other general additions, as well as talk about certain things you can expect to see in the future so long as you stick with Brawl 4 All. See you all tonight!



I must ask with characters being combined.... will it mess up the unique things such as how much different dark samus was from samus..  also will psa such as mario/docter mario or pikachu/pichu be combined. That opens up another slot which can hold majin vegeta && replace regular vegeta with a new character.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on December 02, 2014, 10:16:28 PM
Message re-sent.

I see it :) I'll get to it after I finish releasing this. Just let me finish up here.

@BrawlBoy

Combined characters share the same attributes, but by modifiying their run animation you can change the run speed, and you can change the jump height and fall as well. All characters that are combined will be modified to work alongside the attributes they unfortunately must share. So if I put a character as fast as Sonic over Ganondorf, I would change things around about that Sonic moveset to make it work better and feel more balanced, considering it's on Ganondorf. Or I might decide not to do it at all. But I tihnk the combinations we've done right now make since, and all of our planned ones still make sense :) Attributes are definately something we consider when we combine PSAs.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on December 03, 2014, 12:28:44 AM
I see it :) I'll get to it after I finish releasing this. Just let me finish up here.

@BrawlBoy

Combined characters share the same attributes, but by modifiying their run animation you can change the run speed, and you can change the jump height and fall as well. All characters that are combined will be modified to work alongside the attributes they unfortunately must share. So if I put a character as fast as Sonic over Ganondorf, I would change things around about that Sonic moveset to make it work better and feel more balanced, considering it's on Ganondorf. Or I might decide not to do it at all. But I tihnk the combinations we've done right now make since, and all of our planned ones still make sense :) Attributes are definately something we consider when we combine PSAs.
Great i can't wait to see how this goes... I think the combined characters are good only reason why i asked cause some people feel like Marth/lucina are to much alike.

So the only reason it didn't come out tonight is because I forgot to add in a file that was made, and then another one that was made but had a conflict we needed to fix, and then I saw off a military buddy. So I'm going to bed, but the pack is being compressed as we speak so that first thing when I wake up I can upload it :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Is the pack updated already? :D
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

December 04, 2014, 06:34:35 AM #160 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:35:33 AM by ZX_RendingSaber_XZ
Yeah it is
and Roy's Up-B in this version is weird. On the ground its perfectly fine. in the air it doesn't hit anyone at all and Roy drops like a rock, as if he suddenly gained 100 lbs in 5 seconds. please fix that, Roy's recovery was already bad to begin with.
Eliwood doesn't have this problem though.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


December 04, 2014, 06:46:05 AM #161 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:47:36 AM by brawlboy22
I must say as far as the ganon psa's go the fusions were very nice but I believe hector was just ike in a skin and Roy just doesn't play as well anymore. Also the fact they all have to share the same finals is rather unpleasing but isn't a big deal. I see this project freeing up many more slots if some needs are fixed but over all it was WELL worth the wait far as balancing and over all game play goes. This helps me in my work with my pack a lot also

i need to know a couple a things.
whats the purpose of the "al" file in RSBE, and what do the .bins inside it do?
what happend to the menu file inside of pf?

and petey piranahs cages are messed up, the textures probably coded incorrectly
idk if its just me, but after a played a match with petey and samus, the screen was black when it got to the results and froze

Quote from: ZX_RendingSaber_XZ on December 04, 2014, 06:34:35 AM
Yeah it is
and Roy's Up-B in this version is weird. On the ground its perfectly fine. in the air it doesn't hit anyone at all and Roy drops like a rock, as if he suddenly gained 100 lbs in 5 seconds. please fix that, Roy's recovery was already bad to begin with.
Eliwood doesn't have this problem though.

That's weird, I'll definitely look into that. Thank you. Little things like this will not require a wait for a future release, so separate links will be put on the OP for fixes and the pack itself will be updated as well for new comers. Let's see what's going on...

Quote from: brawlboy22 on December 04, 2014, 06:46:05 AM
I must say as far as the ganon psa's go the fusions were very nice but I believe hector was just ike in a skin and Roy just doesn't play as well anymore. Also the fact they all have to share the same finals is rather unpleasing but isn't a big deal. I see this project freeing up many more slots if some needs are fixed but over all it was WELL worth the wait far as balancing and over all game play goes. This helps me in my work with my pack a lot also

Well, the Roy is Melee Roy now. It's Eliwood who plays like the previous Roy and then some. Are you referring to the Up special as well? We'll be looking into it. As for Hector, he's not done yet per say. In the future I'd like to change his neutral special and up special.

Quote from: KWVance on December 04, 2014, 02:20:47 PM
i need to know a couple a things.
whats the purpose of the "al" file in RSBE, and what do the .bins inside it do?
what happend to the menu file inside of pf?

and petey piranahs cages are messed up, the textures probably coded incorrectly
idk if its just me, but after a played a match with petey and samus, the screen was black when it got to the results and froze


What costumes and level? Let me see if I can duplicate this...
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

December 04, 2014, 07:48:00 PM #164 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:18:46 PM by brawlboy22
Quote from: Nebulon on December 04, 2014, 04:30:19 PM
That's weird, I'll definitely look into that. Thank you. Little things like this will not require a wait for a future release, so separate links will be put on the OP for fixes and the pack itself will be updated as well for new comers. Let's see what's going on...

Well, the Roy is Melee Roy now. It's Eliwood who plays like the previous Roy and then some. Are you referring to the Up special as well? We'll be looking into it. As for Hector, he's not done yet per say. In the future I'd like to change his neutral special and up special.

What costumes and level? Let me see if I can duplicate this...
Yes, his falling is really fast and the combo doesnt connect the same anymore.... also i was looking at samus and dark samus. I think the port would work really well as dark samus doesnt have anything to crazy. another thing what happen to the announcer calls?