Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on July 22, 2015, 01:15:58 AM
Definitive build?

So this is done?

For now, yes. We are now working on the next release. It'll probably be released in 2 months or so. And I'll reveal more that'll be coming in that later :)

Quote from: spicergman on July 22, 2015, 12:11:09 AM
megamans forward smash will crash the game, its charge up will work but releasing will bring up the same message. I followed the install instructions for the 2gb version. Am i doing something wrong? or is this an issue for everyone?



So I just checked Megaman and he doesn't freeze. But his textures for the side smash are not the proper type... :/ so I'll need to include a patch for Megaman. Good thing it's just one file, but yeah thanks for the find. *sigh* I can never just release a perfect build.

Anyway, I'll fix the issue and upload a Megaman.pac that can replace the one in the build currently. It'll fix the texture. Hopefully that fixes your issue.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

July 22, 2015, 03:13:18 AM #646 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:25:11 AM by Weegeeisgoingtokillme
Some ideas:

Costumes:
Pikachu - Pachirisu

Zelda - Meloetta

Snake - Carl "CJ" Johnson

Snake - "Old Man" Snake

Snake - Fallout 3 Snake (AKA Vault Dweller Snake)

Snake - Tommy Vercetti

Combos -

Ice Climbers - Plusle/Minun (PSA Version. Needs fix for up B since it has no vertical range)

Sonic - Amy Rose

Peach - Rosalina (Instead of an alt)

Fixes -

There's a freeze when I tried to switch Mega Charzard Y's alts. Not sure if it's just me or not...


July 22, 2015, 05:00:13 AM #647 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:04:23 AM by spicergman
I almost forgot to mention this sound bug Im having with the menu, its like stactic mixed with low volume music. if i switch the hook type to VBI in Geckos settings it plays fine but then most of my character icons in CSS switch to gotenks. I assume this is a code or hook issue? Ive fiddled with my dolphin sound setting and have found no success.

https://youtu.be/x_R2oT6F6qQ


Hey, just dowwnloaded this, and it is really awesome, but I do have one question: What happened to Cloud's ps1 model? That used to be my favorite costume of his to use.

July 22, 2015, 01:52:02 PM #649 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:55:49 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: spicergman on July 22, 2015, 05:00:13 AM
I almost forgot to mention this sound bug Im having with the menu, its like stactic mixed with low volume music. if i switch the hook type to VBI in Geckos settings it plays fine but then most of my character icons in CSS switch to gotenks. I assume this is a code or hook issue? Ive fiddled with my dolphin sound setting and have found no success.

https://youtu.be/x_R2oT6F6qQ



I see you're using Dolphin (I think that's what it says on the top left) I don't use it so I don't know. For me, that happens when there's sound that the game can't handle (Or it did during the testing phase). I would try removing the menu theme I put in and then trying it. Maybe the program you're running it with simply doesn't like the song I picked.

Quote from: djantzen101 on July 22, 2015, 09:03:23 AM
Hey, just dowwnloaded this, and it is really awesome, but I do have one question: What happened to Cloud's ps1 model? That used to be my favorite costume of his to use.

Yeah, he'll be back. Basically, I'm refraining from too many alts right now to ensure I have enough space in the CSS for at least 7 more characters, and more combo characters. I'm still taking measures to make optimal space, so for the time being some cool alts have gone away, or characters have less recolors. It's just a step for planning for the future. But once I can confirm the lowest possible size I can have, I can open the floodgates for alts people having been asking me for for a while.

Post Merge: July 22, 2015, 01:55:49 PM

Quote from: Weegeeisgoingtokillme on July 22, 2015, 03:13:18 AM
Some ideas:

Costumes:
Pikachu - Pachirisu

Zelda - Meloetta

Snake - Carl "CJ" Johnson

Snake - "Old Man" Snake

Snake - Fallout 3 Snake (AKA Vault Dweller Snake)

Snake - Tommy Vercetti

Combos -

Ice Climbers - Plusle/Minun (PSA Version. Needs fix for up B since it has no vertical range)

Sonic - Amy Rose

Peach - Rosalina (Instead of an alt)

Fixes -

There's a freeze when I tried to switch Mega Charzard Y's alts. Not sure if it's just me or not...



You can't swap the Mega Charizard models (I believe).

Those are fun ideas. But like I said above, I need to make sure we have room for what we have planned, before I can put in alts just for the sake of it. Believe me I want to. I just need time. We're not at that step yet.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

July 22, 2015, 03:47:07 PM #650 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:03:51 PM by Weegeeisgoingtokillme


This is Shiny Pichu. It's a texture hack of Star's Pichu model.  The wrinkles on Pichu's face is hardly seen and makes the current textures look ugly and "25 years older" compared to this. I think this should be Pichu's primary costume replacement. Looks a lot like the Pichu plushie I own that's behind me! (Except it has no spike ear in game)

Download is at Brawl Vault as usual. It's easy to find.  It shouldn't add any huge bytes to the already large folder of this pack.

In other news

Little Mac is non existent. He appears as Dante when playing as him

and a question...  RSB2 and RSB3 is too much for my 3DS' SD card (Which is 4GB). Any ideas?

Just a minor bug report,  in fact it's not even relevant to mist stages but if Dark Link uses his Left/Right B and happens to hit water at the same time he becomes invisible (using the same buttons causes him to reappear) like I said really not a big deal at all but it's there lol (I used Great Bay and tried using it to cross the water between the rock and the landing next to the turtle if that helps determine the cause but I'm guessing it's the water ending the move)

Moving on its very rare but I've had a few freezes while switching between alts.  I can't seem to replicate any of them though,  just happens lol but it's been maybe once out of 50 games or so so that don't bother me

As far as characters do,  I seen it mentioned before but I think the Mega Charizard (not sure if both but definitely the last) may be a little too strong in attacks,  particularly his left/right B,  nothing quite like opening a game with it and sending opponents to the blast zones first hit lol :)

All in all loving the build :D

So I'm not sure if this was fully addressed (I glanced back at some previous comments but didn't find a clear answer), but I don't know how to get the 3-4 stage page. My brothers and I have some favorite stages that are missing (We bet are on the 3-4 stage page), so we played around with it and couldn't find it
I use the wiimote and I know it's a- to flip back and forth from 1/2 and 5/6...but that 3-4 is eluding me
I know that you have been getting a lot of requests/suggestions/problems and mine is not of extreme importance but if you could find the time to get back to me at some point I'd really appreciate it. Btw, We're now finally getting some use out of our wii thanks to you haha

Quote from: spicergman on July 22, 2015, 05:00:13 AM
I almost forgot to mention this sound bug Im having with the menu, its like stactic mixed with low volume music. if i switch the hook type to VBI in Geckos settings it plays fine but then most of my character icons in CSS switch to gotenks. I assume this is a code or hook issue? Ive fiddled with my dolphin sound setting and have found no success.

https://youtu.be/x_R2oT6F6qQ


Same thing is happening to me D: It's weird. it worked in older versions, I guess I'll have to put my own music on youtube.
P.S: Opening it with the Project M launcher makes the music to work, at least for some time, I have to test it.

Two things, one, I'm experiencing random crashing when brawl is selected, sometimes it crashes, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm running the mod through an 8 gig sdhc card, and I installed as per the instructions. I should say that I am running a back up of the game, mainly because my sister broke my disc copy, knowing that I didn't have the money to get a new one, so I have to use the backup through homebrew channel. I had a similar problem with the previous version as well, so it might be just the fact that it's a backup, I'm not sure, but if there's a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Second thing: This one is a suggestion. Do you think, for the next version, you can modify the final smashes of Cloud and Zack? Maybe give Cloud back the Omnislash and giving Zack something like the helicopter strike from Crisis Core or one of his other limit breaks from there? Just a suggestion.


Thanks in advance to alll replies.

July 24, 2015, 02:19:19 AM #655 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:08:55 AM by spicergman
Quote from: desu on July 23, 2015, 05:20:03 PM
Same thing is happening to me D: It's weird. it worked in older versions, I guess I'll have to put my own music on youtube.
P.S: Opening it with the Project M launcher makes the music to work, at least for some time, I have to test it.

well turns out it was a dolphin issue Im so used to downloading the latest build that I forget that these are still in beta. I fixed it by reverting as far back to Version 4.5-5222 or the latest stable version when you scroll down the download section on dolphins website. mr resetti from useing the assist trophies still crashes my game but I dont think thats fixable, anytime he comes out of the trophy I have to exit the match before he get 2 seconds into his dialog.

Update: nevermind turns out it will fix the menu but many times the game will freeze up during a match lasting longer than 10 minutes with stutter or will do that stactic music with low volume during a match if you use some one like dark pit regardless of what version of Dolphin you run. Right now I can only run it in Dolphin properly if I copy the RSBE folder from the new Mod pack and overwrite the RSBE folder from the version 3.5 or as its called "old version" of Nebulons pack, I have not tested it thoroughly but so far its running without stuttering and havent had any freezes or music/sound issues.


I know you put a lot of effort into this and your still working your butt off for this hack pack and you have more important things to do but if you have a little time to spare could you make announcer calls for everybody? This is my favorite pack and I think announcer calls would make this way better in many ways.

Ive been gone all week, so im downloading it right now. Is there a way to switch to all the stages with the wiimote nunchuck combination in this build?

Hi Nebulon.
I might have missed a part where you said why or where but I seem to miss a few characters, I already got that you said Dark Samus was not working as intended, but where did Gyarados, Dante, Lloyd and Kakashi go? All the interesting characters seem to be missing from the new version I just tried. Also, choosing to start playing as Charizard X/Y is a bit OP, and since it's his specialty and you need to "earn" getting to evolution point when you play as normal charizard it seems a little unfair.  Kinda like being Little Mac and having his KO punch all the time :P
You Never Know!

So i have downloaded all the stuff and did as you say, then tried starting it with gecko. gecko said to me: your game id is RSBP01. I guess this is because it is an european version of the game. i already tried changing the RSBE files to RSBP. but every time i try a new combination of RSBP and RSBE files, it either says no SD codes found or it finds them, applies them and then blackscreen. do you know which of the files containing RSBE i need to rename to RSBP? I already tried the following:
only the folder called RSBE renamed to RSBP -> no files found
only the RSBE01.gct renamed to RSBP01.gct -> blackscreen
all the .gct files called RSBE01 -> blackscreen
all the .gct files and the folder -> blackscreen
all the .gct files, the folder and the txt files -> blackscreen
only RSBE01.gct and the folder -> blackscreen
nothing -> no files found

so do you know which files need to be renamed to RSBP and whch i should let RSBE? and do i maybe need to edit any of the files? or will it simply not work for european (bought in germany) copys of the game.
more info:
i tried to launch the project m app too, but it either sends me back to the wii menu (every time gecko said there are no files) or blackscreens (every time gecko blackscreened too)
i deleted all custom stages (read about that somewhere, they were [censored]ty anyway)
i am using the homebrew channel
i have unlocked all characters in the standard SSBB
i have tried everything above with my 1.87 GB SD card
i also tried some of them with my 7.57 GB USB
both are formatted FAT32
i have no other brawl hacks installed

dont know if that might help you, but i dont have any idea what to do anymore (except for trying every single possible combination of RSBE and RSBP files