Mewtwo2000's Stage Portraits thread

Started by Mewtwo2000, April 15, 2010, 05:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

April 20, 2010, 09:16:17 AM #15 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:18:26 AM by Mewtwo2000
Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 20, 2010, 09:09:56 AM
lol well [censored] either way that was fast. yo by the way, i noticed her face thing that she sees through whatever its called its small compared to the original ones n it made me lawl. now to look for a new texture that replaces the green one

That's why I make a custom csp for the originals too, I don't notice any difference in-game this way :P
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I'm curios how you made these? Did you use the trophies and apply the texture in BrawlBox, Blender, 3DS Max? or just edit the image in photshop?

3DS max, and applying textures, certainly :P
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Nice never would have  thought of that
How how to get the trophy models hmm...

you wouldn't happened to have these trophies preindexed for the textures and prepositioned, by any chance? :D

No, sorry xD

I have added one of the pokemon trainer sets in my game, I'm very proud of them, they look all nice, and this one's the best

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Can you make csp's like this in blender?
Making a failed NES accessory aplayable character in a fighting game: EPIC FAIL!!!

Quote from: Symbiote on April 23, 2010, 02:50:27 AM
Can you make csp's like this in blender?
yeah you can once you get the models that is

Can you explain how to do this?

Quote from: hotdogturtle on April 23, 2010, 06:37:56 AM
Can you explain how to do this?

Sure xD

First, you get the trophies from the game, they are in the toy folder

Then, extract them with ais (I first used another model extractor but I had to place every texture in a manual way, now with ais is much easier). You'll have a collada dae file and some textures.

Place the dae and the textures where you want them to be. Open the dae file with a 3D program compatible with collada dae format. I use 3DS max 7 I guess.

Move the camera to make it look the more similar to the original csps. Edit the lightings, edit if there's any issue with the textures (eyes are usually troublesome) and save. Every time you open that file, it will load the textures in that folder. If you change the location of the textures, you won't get them to work, so you need to keep those textures in the very same folder forever O.o

Any time you need to make a new csp, just change the textures in the folder for the ones of your texture, open the 3d file, and voila, it's now the textured character

Take a pic, edit with photoshop or similar, and make the csp from it

It really took some time to do this, I've been improving my technique and I'm now able to make csp's from a prepared 3d file in only 5 minutes or so
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

So you wouldn't be able to use this method for a vertex hacked character then.

April 23, 2010, 11:03:31 AM #26 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:04:47 AM by Mewtwo2000
Actually I'm able, but not in a simple way.

I should get the vertexed character model, place the hacked parts where the toy is, make them match in position, and make de capture like this. I did it for cloud but I had no time to make it well, it was really time consuming, and I enjoy more having new stages than having a perfect cloud csp. I did it for metavader too, metavader was quite easy.



SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial


3-eyed Meta Knight?
THIS IS MADNESS.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]