Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I second KJP here. I really want to start modding Smash4, but not in it's "infancy". I think I'll wait for something more foolproof.

Plus, waiting for SmashCommand to work properly :P
And great work with the music thing, Soneek. I'm sure that people will be so hyped when it's able to be widely added. I know I will, for sure.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on January 12, 2016, 05:04:24 AM
I really want to start modding Smash4, but not in it's "infancy". I think I'll wait for something more foolproof.

There's not many people doing research, or even making friendly tools to modify stuff. The music stuff will be polished on my end, but other aspects of the game need work. It's different from Brawl in most aspects of the game.

Quote from: Soneek on January 12, 2016, 03:24:28 PM
There's not many people doing research, or even making friendly tools to modify stuff. The music stuff will be polished on my end, but other aspects of the game need work. It's different from Brawl in most aspects of the game.

I was more talking about wiiu modding to be able to make the mods as opposed to the smash4 equivalent of PSA/animation/etc.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm gonna attempt to have different soundbanks load depending on which costume is chosen for more characters. It'd be extremely meaningful to have this work for all the Mii fighters. Lloyd Irving, Inkling, Viridi, Heihachi, etc.

Quote from: Soneek on January 14, 2016, 05:46:34 AM
I'm gonna attempt to have different soundbanks load depending on which costume is chosen for more characters. It'd be extremely meaningful to have this work for all the Mii fighters. Lloyd Irving, Inkling, Viridi, Heihachi, etc.

I'm assuming you've already done somethijgnlike this for the other characters?

If so, I'm surprised if I didn't hear about it.
If not, good luck!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on January 14, 2016, 03:21:05 PM
I'm assuming you've already done somethijgnlike this for the other characters?

If so, I'm surprised if I didn't hear about it.
If not, good luck!

I have not done it for the others yet, but I think I understand how. It's similar to how I figured out how the game handles the music files. It'll be tedious, but I feel it'll be good to jumpstart this so people can dive in when they're ready. I'm working on getting extra costume slots to load for everyone as well.

Quote from: Soneek on January 14, 2016, 09:42:55 PM
I have not done it for the others yet, but I think I understand how. It's similar to how I figured out how the game handles the music files. It'll be tedious, but I feel it'll be good to jumpstart this so people can dive in when they're ready. I'm working on getting extra costume slots to load for everyone as well.
Well this certainly caught my attention. Has anyone been able to make custom textures for costumes? Like say a purple Robin or something similar to that?

Quote from: Soneek on January 14, 2016, 05:46:34 AM
I'm gonna attempt to have different soundbanks load depending on which costume is chosen for more characters. It'd be extremely meaningful to have this work for all the Mii fighters. Lloyd Irving, Inkling, Viridi, Heihachi, etc.
yes
do that for brawlex while youre at it sir.
thanks




Quote from: Wolfric on January 15, 2016, 08:11:30 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Bf-xFyrBc

Lemon bullet! Go there! *point*

So. Cool news.

Still haven't read how to on 5.5.0 dough.

edit: So finally my laptop works again so I looked it up. No 5.5.0 just yet. but did read a good way to block the Updates while still being online and not having to jump through hoops to block it:

QuoteBlocking future updates is critical to retaining exploits on your system. The WiiU automatically downloads and applies updates as it receives them, even in standby mode! You will still be able to play your games online with this, as long as the GAMES THEMSELVES are updated.

Step 1: Power on your system and go to Settings > Internet > Connect to the Internet.

Step 2a: If you don't have a connection already set up, do it now but when it asks if you want DNS to be Automatic or Manual, choose Manual and follow the rest of the steps.

Step 2b: If you have an existing WiFi connection, press X or tap the button in the top right corner to view Existing Connections

Step 3: Choose your connection from the list. I recommend only having 1 at a time so that if you are roaming with your WiiU or have more than one access point it doesn't switch connections and download an update on you.

Step 4: Change Settings > Press the Scroll Arrow on the Right > DNS > Don't Auto Obtain

Step 5: Tap the Primary DNS and set it to 107.211.140.065 -- You can leave the Secondary DNS as 000.000.000.000 (Some people don't know anything about networking and think this could leave their system vulnerable to updates. If you're paranoid, just set the Seconday DNS to 107.211.140.065 as well).

Step 6: Confirm > Save > Save > Quit
I can confirm that this is working as I was able to get online (tested with Mario marker) and in my Downloads is the blocked Update.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Wolfric on January 15, 2016, 08:11:30 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Bf-xFyrBc

Whoaaaaaaa bro.

Wait, who is this?

Soneek, you got competition now?

Also, very happy to hear you'll finalize the music hacking product, I will for sure hop on that once it's finished.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on January 16, 2016, 10:11:34 AM
Lemon bullet! Go there! *point*

So. Cool news.

Still haven't read how to on 5.5.0 dough.

edit: So finally my laptop works again so I looked it up. No 5.5.0 just yet. but did read a good way to block the Updates while still being online and not having to jump through hoops to block it:
I can confirm that this is working as I was able to get online (tested with Mario marker) and in my Downloads is the blocked Update.
dont forget to disable standby mode and quick launch

@Itallionstallion
i believe that is soneeks alternate youtube account

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 21, 2016, 04:42:38 AM
dont forget to disable standby mode and quick launch

@Itallionstallion
i believe that is soneeks alternate youtube account

What's an Itallion tho? JK.

Soneek, is this true bae?