Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 08, 2016, 10:57:58 PM
I thought system updates downloaded automatically. I know you can hit Cancel on the 3DS, but I never checked on the Wii U.

And I am on 5.5.1.
Yeah they do, unless you have TubeHax's IP running. It'll block any update, even games. It'll still show up in your download cue, but it'll have an error on it. I revert to my default IP when I need to update a game, like Super Mario Maker, then change the IP back after it's done downloading the game's update. Now, if there's a system update and you try to just update the game, it'll complain that you have to update the system first.... that's where the non-hacked consoles are going to run into issues.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Spoofing firmwares is a thing, so it's not too much of an issue.

Plus you can install the update manually iirc. Don't quote me on that though.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

why I said "that's where the non-hacked consoles are going to run into issues" =p And I've yet to see any manual files... since I'd load to download em without worrying that my WiiU stopped downloading when I wasn't looking due to my slow internet..
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 08, 2016, 09:27:15 PM
Tubehax is on my Wii U. But I'm concerned I won't be able to play Star Fox Zero when it comes out, I'm willing to bet every cent I have that it comes with a system update.

Guess it's time to pick up another Wii U, eh?
Sp you are on 5.5.1, the highes FW available for wiiu explain to me how can star fox that comes out in like 2 weeks come with a higher fw than what is available? ...

you do realize fw in actual games is always way behind the console online fw distributions right? So far not even a single game has 5.5.1 on it yet, games come with the fw they were developed upon considering star fox has been developing for awhile if it comes with 5.5.0 its already preety  advanced lol it might even come with 5.4.0 like all recent games so far did dispite 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 were released long time ago.

what will never happen is a game releasing with a higher fw than what is available online, that will never happen.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Turns out there's been an update last night. Luckily I'm still able to get online with Super Mario Maker... but that hack better come in soon, else I'm going to get stuck in offline mode when SMM updates..
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 13, 2016, 04:02:59 PM
Turns out there's been an update last night. Luckily I'm still able to get online with Super Mario Maker... but that hack better come in soon, else I'm going to get stuck in offline mode when SMM updates..

IIRC, it wasn't a firmware update. So you should be fine.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Awe man, Kit had me excited for a moment mentioning an update. I have a feeling Nintendo is planning not to patch the exploit in 5.5.1 and release a new firmware since they know the hack will go public right when they send the update out the door.

Quote from: Large Leader on April 13, 2016, 04:23:28 PM
IIRC, it wasn't a firmware update. So you should be fine.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

....I'm still not updating...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 13, 2016, 05:59:22 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

....I'm still not updating...

I'm very surprised. Haven't heard anything about any system update at all, from any outlet. The latest version posted on Nintendo's website is 5.5.1


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah, I'm already on 5.5.1 (which was forced onto me to keep SMM online after it's patches), so why I'm a bit annoyed and hopeful that the exploit is soonish.

also funny that the chick with the 15kb/s internet connection knew about this before you guys XD At least I let ya'll know there's a patch lurking out there.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 13, 2016, 09:45:55 PM
Yeah, I'm already on 5.5.1 (which was forced onto me to keep SMM online after it's patches), so why I'm a bit annoyed and hopeful that the exploit is soonish.

also funny that the chick with the 15kb/s internet connection knew about this before you guys XD At least I let ya'll know there's a patch lurking out there.

[censored]! I thought I saw and heard my Wii U have an orange light the other night. That means it was updating right?

So...
Whats your 1st hack for sm4sh going to be everyone?
[censored] surprises.
Me:  i want to do splatoon hacks for splatoon tho.

Port Kit over to SmashU. Maybe some other ideas rolling around up here like Ms. Fortune or Cerebella from Skullgirls.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on April 13, 2016, 10:40:10 PMSo...
Whats your 1st hack for sm4sh going to be everyone?
[censored] surprises.
Perhaps Cloud or Mewtwo?
Or maybe something a little easier like Rosalina.

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on April 13, 2016, 10:40:10 PM
Me:  i want to do splatoon hacks for splatoon tho.
Same here.
I still want that unreleased lab coat.
It would also save me from having to rollscum for optimal abilities.

Yeeeeah, there hasn't been an update for the WiiU firmware. It's still 5.5.1

No idea what's going on on your end Kit.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.