Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Just tried this Xampp stuff. SDCafiine now works like a charm and I'm playing Count Cannoli's battle theme replacing a Bayonetta track. XD

EDIT: This is awesome and surreal.... I'mma need a bigger SD card. (has a 8G)

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 04, 2016, 05:50:24 PM
The reason why is because the website host of Sm4shmods (Mastaklo) has been wanting to make a profit off of Sm4sh modding (one sure sign is the use of ad.fly and the whole issue with his Shadow mod on the Vault).
I remember that incident. It was a whole [censored] storm in the Vault thread.

Quote from: Soneek on May 04, 2016, 05:53:57 PM
I'm temporarily MIA while job hunting, but I'm glad everyone can join in on the fun now. I'll read through the rest of the posts later, but like I mentioned a while ago, help will be needed to finish research and tools for everyone to use. Unless something has been released on gbatemp, the answer is currently "no" for "is it currently possible to edit *?"
I would LOVE expanded slots for music. I tested a track last night on Suzuku Castle, and it worked.

That, and the ability to have names and such.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on May 04, 2016, 06:04:10 PM
Wow, Mastaklo is a money whore, he doesn't own Sm4sh (not as in having a copy, the other kind of own) and distributing mods for money is illegal, unless Nintendo makes their own service for it, which they won't.
He tried to profit off his Shadow hack by linking it to something completely unrelated.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on May 04, 2016, 04:26:27 PM
There is also http://gamebanana.com/games/5547, but I haven't seen any new releases of mods.

Sounds like renaming "Brawl Vault" to "Smash Vault" will definitely be easier to do over mirroring the layout of everything and slapping a new logo on top. The only worry that comes to mind is how would stage or character selection work? Characters would be easy since most carried over to the newer version of the game, but the stage list would almost double. All those images would have to be separated with a Brawl and Sm4sh Divider. Just a thought.

Is there a different thread going on where everyone is talking about this? Or just PMs as of now?
Sm4sh will get its own CSS on the Vault, don't worry about that.

The talk's between the Staff at the moment.

Quote from: Segtendo on May 04, 2016, 06:33:14 PM
He tried to profit off his Shadow hack by linking it to something completely unrelated.
We deleted a few more of his most-downloaded submissions not too long ago. He edited quite a few of his most-downloaded with adfly links.

Quote from: Segtendo on May 04, 2016, 06:58:18 AM
If you guys want to get your feet wet with Smash mods, use this with SDCafiine.
http://pastebin.com/ES053DpJ

You can also download nus3bank music files from Smash Custom Music. They work (replaced the remixed Ken's theme with Guile's SF4 theme). Use the drop down template and choose Smash on Wii U.
It has everything but the Bayonetta music, which I have a pic of.

guiles theme cool
bro fist
anyways another method of injecting hacks is to dump your game via DDD app, and than just replace content in the appropriate area
remember to back up everything always
i havent tried it but should work and i think ive heard about it.



Also would someone be so kind to pm Wario's nut model, folder structure, and the plugins needed for 3ds max to vertex hack it?

Is this kernel exploit for FW 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 only, or can it also work for FW 5.4.0?  Either way, this is some great news!

Quote from: TravixMan Productions on May 05, 2016, 01:40:56 AM
Is this kernel exploit for FW 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 only, or can it also work for FW 5.4.0?  Either way, this is some great news!

If you're on 5.4.0 there's no reason not to update to 5.5.1


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on May 05, 2016, 01:46:07 AM
If you're on 5.4.0 there's no reason not to update to 5.5.1
well 5.4.0 for a long time had kernel and everything like 5.3.2, im still on 5.3.2 and i see no reason to go to 5.5.1 yet since nothing is exclusive to 5.5.1 as off now.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 07, 2016, 08:16:26 AM
well 5.4.0 for a long time had kernel and everything like 5.3.2, im still on 5.3.2 and i see no reason to go to 5.5.1 yet since nothing is exclusive to 5.5.1 as off now.

5.4 had kernel? Never mind then lol. I was probably thinking of 5.5.0


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

IDK where else to ask this, and GBATemp isn't helping me that much. To those who have experience already with Smash mods...

1. How would I add on to a patch? I want to use TS4M's mod pack alongside a song titles file I edited, but IDK how to do that. I tried dragging and dropping the packed files from his RAR over the open directories in Sm4shExplorer, but Sm4shExplorer doesn't like that. I feel so limited.
2. When I open an extracted CSP from a .nut file (just to test out the texture extractor), all I get is black with some random pixels. I downloaded the DDS plugin for Photoshop to open the files.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 07, 2016, 06:41:40 PM
IDK where else to ask this, and GBATemp isn't helping me that much. To those who have experience already with Smash mods...

1. How would I add on to a patch? I want to use TS4M's mod pack alongside a song titles file I edited, but IDK how to do that. I tried dragging and dropping the packed files from his RAR over the open directories in Sm4shExplorer, but Sm4shExplorer doesn't like that. I feel so limited.
I had trouble with that too at first. Basically, don't replace the file, but the entire folder. Let's say, for example, you wanna replace
palutena -> model -> model.nut & model.nud
you don't drag n' drop the nut/nud files over the ones in the explorer, but you take the "model" folder from the pack you downloaded and drop it into the character (in this case palutena) folder. That will overwrite any files found in there.

In short, replace entire folders, not single files one by one (god, I'm terrible at explaining). Also sorry, can't help you with your second question, didn't do anything with the CSP yet and I don't use Photoshop either.

I understand the replacing of folders, but part of my problem lies in the "packed" files.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 07, 2016, 07:08:02 PM
I understand the replacing of folders, but part of my problem lies in the "packed" files.
Can you post a screen on where you're trying to replace it? If you're using Sm4shExplorer, you shouldnt be seeing any kind of packed files

Quote from: Nanobuds on May 07, 2016, 07:11:29 PM
Can you post a screen on where you're trying to replace it? If you're using Sm4shExplorer, you shouldnt be seeing any kind of packed files
I really need to make myself more clear
The files in TS4M's mod pack have packed files. However, I want to add those files to my own patch. How would I go about doing that?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 07, 2016, 07:22:05 PM
I really need to make myself more clear
The files in TS4M's mod pack have packed files. However, I want to add those files to my own patch. How would I go about doing that?
Ohh, so you're only trying to take bits and pieces from his and put it in your own?

Go ahead and make a backup of the vanilla patch folder from your dump. Then, take TS4M's pack, and replace it in the patch folder that Sm4shEditor reads and overwrite and files that is wants to. Now when you open Sm4shEditor, it wlll think that TS4M's patch folder is vanilla. You can then extrat whatever you want. Then, put the vanilla patch folder (the one you backed up) back in the place that Sm4shEditor reads from (replacing the TS4M patch files). Then add the files you extracted back into the vanilla patch. Then pack it all up and put it on your SD.

I think that will work. It does in my head. I've never tried it.

I see. So trick the editor to think that the patch he made is the legit one? That does make sense. I'll give it a try later.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]