Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M Codes Official Release Thread  (Read 10149 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 06, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »

While this code doesn't seem like much, it will help moveset modders greatly by shaving off a little file size while getting rid of most of the difficulty of throwing a Trophy Stand in the SSE.

Disclaimer: These codes were created by standardtoaster and permission was given to me by standardtoaster to release these codes publicly.

Code:
    Trophy Throws are Smash Throws [Standardtoaster]
    04FB8980 00000105
    04FB8990 0000010E
    04FB89C0 00000106
    04FB89D0 0000010F
    04FB8A50 00000103
    04FB8A60 0000010C
    04FB8A70 00000104
    04FB8A80 0000010D
    04FB8B88 0000010C
    04FB8B98 00000103
    04FB8BD0 0000010C
    04FB8BE0 00000103
    04FB8BF0 0000010D
    04FB8C00 00000104
    04FB8C40 0000010E
    04FB8C50 00000105
    04FB8C60 0000010F
    04FB8C70 00000106
    04FB9830 00000107

Makes Pokeballs use the standard item limit of 8.
    Code:
    Pokeballs use Normal Item Limit [standardtoaster]
    049B0AC0 60000000

Cannot be footstooled during the paralyzed state.
    Code:
    Disable Footstool During Paralyze [Dantarion, standardtoaster]
    C283D134 00000004
    83BC0014 A3BD005A
    2C1D00A9 40A20008
    38600001 981B0004
    60000000 00000000

This post may update if any other PMDT give me permission to make their codes public, but it's not likely to happen anytime soon.
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:35:40 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »

Holy [censored], PMDT allowing public release of a code.

This is history in the making, looks like GOLD Edition may not be as far off as once thought.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »

Updated the main post with two more codes, but those are going to likely be the last two.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:19:15 PM »

I suggest changing the title to "Project M codes official release thread" or something

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »

I support this! the pokeball limit to 8 is a blessing!

but dont really understand the purpose of the first code, what does it do o:

Stupid Tinypic :C

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »

In Subspace, when you have the Trophy Stand item and you were to throw it, your character would use the Smash Throw animations. People tend to find that annoying, so they would manually change the Smash Throws to standard item throws. The code makes that process automatic, so if you were to throw a Trophy Stand, you would throw it like a normal item.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »

hmmm interesting... Mr puff! any chance you can see if you can hunt down how allstar's stocks are coded into the game? i've been trying to combine BeX with PM 3.6. and it causes an instant crash as soon as the match starts with any clone, and oddly they all use mario's stock icons. i'm sure thats where the game is bugging up. i need to remove it and revert the change back to what it was in 3.5, before the stock icons were implemented in allstar.

It would be very much appreciated if you could point me in the right direction, even if its a simple point to the right person in charge of the codes in question.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 03:00:44 PM »

if you could point me in the right direction, even if its a simple point to the right person in charge of the codes in question.

Your best bet would be to ask Magus, standardtoaster, ds22, or maybe Dant. KJP doesn't know ASM coding, he just asked permission to post them v:

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »

Your best bet would be to ask Magus, standardtoaster, ds22, or maybe Dant. KJP doesn't know ASM coding, he just asked permission to post them v:
    I'll try asking Magus and standardtoaster. i've asked Dant and ds22 already and was simply ignored. sadly they never seem all that keen on helping the community mod PM. one of the things that always turned me off from it.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »

That's because P:M is technically not meant to be modded.
    And specially if the intention is to mod it then re-release it as something else.

As such, they have no interesting in helping you do something that they are against.

Too bad that also hurts those who actually have absolutely no interest in Project M, and just want to implement core features to their own vBrawl (like All Star Versus, for example).

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »

That's because P:M is technically not meant to be modded.
    And specially if the intention is to mod it then re-release it as something else.

As such, they have no interesting in helping you do something that they are against.

Too bad that also hurts those who actually have absolutely no interest in Project M, and just want to implement core features to their own vBrawl (like All Star Versus, for example).
    oh i have several of their special modes.  thats not really an issue, you just look at the address of the special mode and it tells you where it starts. (provided you know about coding) the wiired page is amazing as a resource. the problem i have is certain codes i have no idea where they go into function to look up that address. its typically how i start decyphering the codes. i have roughly 80% of the PM codes parsed and thats about all i need anyway to mod it. tho implementing BeX is turning into a headach.

Tho i was thinking, a lot of codes are routed thru weird area's to make them work. (like turbo is routed thru the curry item) Allstar and subspace are the only area's that allow multiple characters per stock (subspace seems more likely and a simple swap) i think i'll check those adresses for similarities. i just need to find out how it loads the stock icons in allstar versus and i'll be able to get it taken care of.

it is sad and quite ironic they don't want their "hack" hacked. how closed they are really turned me far away from the PM community. i'm sure a lo of people can learn from what they've done, but thats a moot point. i've sent PMs but i imagine i'll be ignored as usual. hopefully standardtoaster will be a bit nicer then others in the past. otherwise i may need to shelf this project for a while.

I'll keep an eye on this thread if anything interesting pops up,  tho i already had those ones xD. i don't really wanna derail this thread, so if you would like to add anything to what i said, feel free to post in my thread or PM me.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 02:56:05 PM »

I believe their reason for this is that a competitive focused game needs to stand on a solid ground. If there are many versions of the same game around, that hurts the competitive scene as everyone has a different game. That's the same reason why only the most recent patch is allowed online in Smash 4.

However, as you stated, it's ironic that a hack isn't supposed to be hacked.

Personally, I think that the best thing about Brawl hacking is that everyone can have their games with everything they want. The customization is nearly endless, and should be only up to you, with all the creations and tools at your disposal.

However, they decide to keep their GCT encrypted instead of open source?

Hopefully that can change, for the sake of everyone's freedom, customization-wise.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »

Personally, I think that the best thing about Brawl hacking is that everyone can have their games with everything they want. The customization is nearly endless, and should be only up to you, with all the creations and tools at your disposal.
    That was beautiful.

But yeah, I agree. That's the whole reason I got interested in Brawl modding/Project M in the first place. I honestly don't care all that much about the competitive stuff since Smash is a game I grew up playing for fun, but the idea of being able to customize things and sort of be able create "my own personal Smash Bros game" was what sold me.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »

This is a huge necropost (two years old), I know, but I have my reasons. I'm not sure how many people know, but former PMDT ds22 has a thread on SmashBoards, in which he's posted some of his codes he made for Project M. Since they're Project M codes being released for the public, I felt it was relevant to bump this fossil of a thread with a link to ds22's thread on SmashBoards.

Link: https://smashboards.com/threads/ds22s-code-showcase.428060/

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: