Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: [Sm4sh Mods] (Unofficial) Patch 1.1.7: The Fan Patch [Name Pending]  (Read 39758 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 04, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »

This may be too early with this, but ech.
    I mentioned this a few days ago in the main Sm4sh modding thread, but for those who just lurk or don't read past thread pages, I'll give a rundown.

Ever since I've started playing Sm4sh and seeing the tier list, I've been wanting to make a balance overhaul to the majority of the cast. I would also like to eventually fix/remove/adjust various things that are jank about Sm4sh (Ex: Rage, Footstooling, Glitches, etc) when the tools are available.

My goal is to make every character viable in at least one way or another with no character being too bad to even bother with (Ex: Palutena, Zelda, etc) or too broken to even bother with (i.e. Bayonetta). Lower tier characters will be subject to various buffs, while higher tier characters will be left alone for the most part (unless an official patch overnerfed something and/or if something about them is broken).

The best I can do right now if Frame data, Attribute, and Hitbox edits, so Floating Point-related things (Ex: Witch Time, Counter damage multipliers, etc) cannot be changed at this current time until they're properly identified.

You can see the current changelist here (this pastebin will be updated as this mod progresses): http://pastebin.com/jSD8wcjM

Download: None at the moment, unless if people really want to try what I have so far.

Feel free to give your own thoughts and suggestions. Suggestions from dedicated character mains are highly encouraged.

Credits:
    -SilentDo0m. Suggested edits for Charizard, Roy, Shulk, Little Mac, and Mewtwo.
    -Marioking64DS. Suggested edits for Wario.
    -calculusx. Ideas taken from their thread on reddit (/r/smashbros).
    -DarkLordRS. Suggested edits for Mii Gunner.
    -Palutena and Dedede Boards (SmashBoards). Ideas taken from discussion threads.
    -Zikkh Suggested edits for King Dedede.
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:11:24 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »

PROJECT EM!?!?!?!?!

anyway. This is super cool. Puff will finally get the buffs she needs <3 I can take a crack at writing something up for her later.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »

Sheik needs buffs.

#MakeSheikGreatAgain

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 03:50:49 AM »

Well, well. This is gonna be something.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »

There's no reason for Sheik to have a godly neutral game, a godly recovery and an easy 50/50 kill opportunity from throws. If you're going to give her back her 50/50, nerf one of the other things I listed. IMO nerfing her Up B's distance (and perhaps removing the reappearance hitbox) would be the best change, as she'd keep her dominating presence on stage while actually having a weakness. I also don't see why you'd give her the old F-Air hitbox, as it was pretty ridiculous and the move is still one of the best aerials in the game.

As a ROB main here are some random things I'd like to see, but I might be a bit biased lol
    - Back Air has less start up, less damage/knockback to make up for it
    it doesnt have to be as fast as it was in Brawl, but 19 frames is a bit much imo.
    - Same thing for Down Air. The hitbox is janky and takes forever to come out, this move is very hard to hit.
    - Forward Air comes out on frame 4
    ROB has a really tough time in the air (outside of maybe his Neutral Air which has a year of start up), giving him a fast aerial would be nice.
    - Lower level players complain about gyro a lot, so mayyyyybe nerf it a bit? Honestly don't know how. Maybe increase the complete charge time from 90 frames to 120 frames, or add a few start up/end lag frames but dont overdo it doe
    - Fix his Side B pls. People drop out of it all the time, its reflecting hitboxes are really inconsistent, the move has a billion frames of end lag.. it just isn't good.

That's about it. Only other thing I'd like to add is, consider just giving Marth his exact Brawl frame data/damage. He'd probably be balanced just fine, and super fun to play.

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 01:01:49 PM »

The reason why I reverted the 1.1.5 changes to Sheik were because I felt they were unwarranted changes, especially since Bayonetta's a thing. I could possibly revert my Forward Air revert, but I'd like to talk to people who know Shiek through and through.

Though I'll take your ROB suggestions into consideration.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »

Well yes, Bayonetta is a thing, but nobody wants her to be a thing (the way she is now) and you are nerfing her quite a bit, so. No reason to make Sheik S-Tier again while everyone else is A+ Tier, you know.

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »

Not exactly my best ideas but I think Shulk could have like better frame data like 2-3 frames less startup on some moves and end lag, to make him more enjoyable.

Sheik needs buffs.

#MakeSheikGreatAgain

Sheik? That's a weird way to spell Falco.

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:53 PM »

I'm definitely going to make some Shulk edits. I believe SDo0m made some Shulk suggestions, so I'll be making those, too.

Well yes, Bayonetta is a thing, but nobody wants her to be a thing (the way she is now) and you are nerfing her quite a bit, so. No reason to make Sheik S-Tier again while everyone else is A+ Tier, you know.
    Again, I'll talk with people who know Shiek, and I'll make an attempt weed out and clear bias (for or against).

Edit: After a minor chat with someone, I'll consider reverting my changes to Down Throw. I'll also consider nerfing her needle damage potential.

Edit 2: Yeah, I'm gonna revert my changes to her throws and Forward Air, but I'll be buffing her Back Air.
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:09:52 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 03:04:46 PM »

Bring back the Poke-Trainer D=

er, I mean... Switch "Rock Smash" with "Flare Blitz" on Zard.. I keep doing the wrong damn moves

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »

Bring back the Poke-Trainer D=

er, I mean... Switch "Rock Smash" with "Flare Blitz" on Zard.. I keep doing the wrong damn moves

Pretty sure that's impossible both in the realm of brawl and in smash4 solely because of float points being a thing.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 04:38:47 PM »

Palutena is in serious need of frame data buffs. She has the tools to be a good character, but her moves are way too slow to really help her.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »

I agree with you 100%. Characters like Palutena are what inspired me to come up with the idea for a balance overhaul.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

DarkLordRS
    Newbie Kitten

Mystic for life [censored]es

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »

You have my interest, but the fact that you listed Palutena and Zelda as first examples of unplayability over Ganondorf and are still riding the Bayonetta Is Brawl Meta Knight train has me questioning everything I know

doesn't help that un-nerfing characters that are still tournament relevant after nerfs, like especially diddy kong, is somehow considered ideal
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:09:18 PM by DarkLordRS » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 06:08:25 PM »

the fact that you listed Palutena and Zelda as first examples of unplayability over Ganondorf
    They were just the first characters that came to mind.

and are still riding the Bayonetta Is Brawl Meta Knight train has me questioning everything I know
    Where did I say that Bayonetta was Brawl Meta Knight? My statement proclaimed she was too powerful for her own good. I'm fine with her being combo heavy, but I'm not okay with the 0 to deaths.

doesn't help that un-nerfing characters that are still tournament relevant after nerfs, like especially diddy kong, is somehow considered ideal
    The revival of Hoo Hah was solely for the purpose of Memes, but I've made sure to nerf Up Air [it kills at around 150%, as opposed to mid 80% (though I may revert this if it proves to be too much of an issue]. I've also reverted my Shiek changes since the first post after some discussion with someone.

You're free to suggest your own changes though. With various characters, I'd need to weed out any bias (including my own) towards various characters to prevent overnerfing or overbuffing.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: