File Patch Code 4.1 release

Started by PyotrLuzhin, June 16, 2016, 03:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

After I leave Brawl mods.

Characters can finally have their own sawnd files.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I'm not clear on how this gives us the ability to give characters their own sounds. Can i use this code so that goku has his sfx without replacing pits sounds? Can we finaly add new sound banks or is this just an alternative to using sawnd files?

Quote from: Brightshadow360 on September 04, 2016, 07:15:50 PM
I'm not clear on how this gives us the ability to give characters their own sounds. Can i use this code so that goku has his sfx without replacing pits sounds? Can we finaly add new sound banks or is this just an alternative to using sawnd files?

you can add new sounds without replacing any. but iirc you need an iso to do it currently. you have to add the new entries to the original bsar file, then you can replace them on an SD card at any time to replace said file.  i also think you need a clean bsar file as the sawnds program  will not be compatible with the new entries. i could be wrong about that.

anyone have more info? i havent gotten a chance to play with this much yet. possibly correct miss information?

Has anyone else tested this with Brawlex (without Project M integration)?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Ebola16 on September 07, 2016, 12:37:15 PM
Has anyone else tested this with Brawlex (without Project M integration)?

I can test just help me a bit :)

Wait so, when we put the BRSAR in the /sound folder do we still keep our sawnd files in the sfx folder? Are they rendered useless?

Quote from: Sirkura on September 04, 2016, 09:03:28 PM
you can add new sounds without replacing any. but iirc you need an iso to do it currently. you have to add the new entries to the original bsar file, then you can replace them on an SD card at any time to replace said file.  i also think you need a clean bsar file as the sawnds program  will not be compatible with the new entries. i could be wrong about that.

anyone have more info? i havent gotten a chance to play with this much yet. possibly correct miss information?

You do not need the BRSAR in the ISO for SFX; ONLY for adding NEW music  [external references/brstms].
You can basically create your own soundbanks and RWSD entries using latest BrawlBox. Keep in mind the SFX IDs of new sounds might be offset by "1" if created in new banks.
Also there's currently a bug where interactions with Bosses freeze; this includes Boss Battles, Master Hand in Classic modes, and possibly SSE.


Quote from: CraptainFalcon on September 11, 2016, 03:36:34 PM
Wait so, when we put the BRSAR in the /sound folder do we still keep our sawnd files in the sfx folder? Are they rendered useless?

When using this the SFX folder becomes obsolete.
Skype: ASF1nk



I should really give this a try sometime when I'm not modding Smash Wii U. Seems like how that game handles multiple voices (just reworked copies of the original files).
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


how can i replace it on Project M ?

September 14, 2016, 10:19:18 PM #24 Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:22:41 PM by Ebola16
Quote from: ASF1nk on September 11, 2016, 07:20:56 PM

You do not need the BRSAR in the ISO for SFX; ONLY for adding NEW music  [external references/brstms].
You can basically create your own soundbanks and RWSD entries using latest BrawlBox. Keep in mind the SFX IDs of new sounds might be offset by "1" if created in new banks.
Also there's currently a bug where interactions with Bosses freeze; this includes Boss Battles, Master Hand in Classic modes, and possibly SSE.


When using this the SFX folder becomes obsolete.
So if I am ok with editing the .brsar directly then there is no need for FPC 4.1 right? And is there any tutorial for creating new soundbanks and RWSD entries yet?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ok. Let me guess:

This new version of the code will allow us to use SFX mods directly from the BRSAR?
Does that mean we can have SFX for clone characters without even replacing another's or what?

I'm soooo confused lol.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Yeah, I'm guessing that sounds are loaded directly from the BRSAR. I haven't tried this out yet tho.

And a general question for anyone reading and knows what this does, SO WE CAN ADD NEW SOUNDS TO THE BRSAR AND GET OUR CLONES TO USE IT? HOW DO I DO THAT? AND WHAT'S WITH THIS RWSD ENTRIES?

what so we can add sfx files or we can finally use the smashbros_sound.brsar in gecko im lost lol

Yeah you can use smashbros_sound with gecko now. What I'm not sure about is how you add new sfx files to the brsar

I'm not quite sure how this works. From what I gathered, you can add new SFX to smashbros_sound.brsar? And then link to that new stuff within Brawlbox?

On the other hand, is there any code currently avaliable that conflicts with this or it is safe to use with other codes?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]