Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LXP Young Link in vPM 3.6 issues  (Read 4470 times)
ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »

Simple process: I copied the files out of the "YoungLink" folder in Smash Bros. Legacy XP Beta and pasted them into the "toonlink" folder on my SD card. I then renamed all the files accordingly (ie: FitYoungLink.pac -> FitToonLink.pac) and proceeded to test it out.

Surprisingly, most everything worked perfectly fine. Everything but the hookshot, pummeling, and throwing. I can only grab if I'm really close to someone (the hookshot doesn't extend his reach at all; doesn't even show up, actually), but I can't pummel or throw them. Also, I can't make a tether recovery since the hookshot doesn't come out.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Is there a code that I can put into the .gct? If so, what? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Minor issue: SFX aren't working at all either. I can live with that, but it'd be nice to have.

leo958
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »

The hookshot glitch is caused by ToonLink having different rel data from Link so you need a Link rel thats goes over toon Link's ecause I believe the LXP Younglink is based upon a YoungLink moveset on the brawlvault that  I have in a private BrawlEx build In there I just used Link's rel.

Thread for Rel's over other characters
https://smashboards.com/threads/p-m-plug-play-rels-module-files-want-to-port-ridley-come-here-modding-faq.416959/

Click on Link's icon, download the file and rename the rel to ft_Toonlink. Note the rel's
will crash the game if you have any Project M build that has BrawlEx in it.

2nd problem in a nutshell is because YoungLink uses Link sound bank and the 9.sawnd file from the LXP build so you'll need that file for his sounds and the sound bank modifier code to change ToonLink's sound bank id.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:03:56 PM by leo958 » Logged

ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »

Thanks for replying.

A .rel issue makes sense; I'll test out your suggestion.

Also, I was pretty sure that the LXP Young Link was just a heavily edited version of CaliburTek's Young Link PSA, which was based off of the Project Sacred: Young Link PSA; both of which were over Toon Link. That being said, I haven't used any Young Link mods over Link, so I could be wrong about my assumption.

Post Merge: February 22, 2017, 03:13:25 PM
So I did exactly what you said, but I got a freeze immediately after choosing the stage. You said that I'd get one if I was using a build with BEX in it, but I'm not. Like it says in the title, I'm using a normal vPM 3.6. Are you positive that he uses Link as a base and not Toon Link? Cuz' that's the only thing that I can think of.

As for the SFX, I'm not sure where to even begin with that.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:13:25 PM by ShadowX » Logged

leo958
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »

I missed some instructons apparently, Scroll down the page till you see How do I use this file? and follow those instructions if it still crashes then I have no idea.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:50:31 PM by leo958 » Logged

ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »

Got him to work. It was just the character ID in the module. Once I changed that to Toon Link's, everything worked. Well, almost everything. He plays perfectly fine, unless he goes up against Link, then everything freezes. Do you know what to do about that? Or is that just something that I'll have to live with?

leo958
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to reply I have no idea how to fix that sorry.

Sylv
Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »

In LXP Young Link is cloned off of Link, not Toon Link

Wanna battle me in Pokémon or Sm4sh 3DS?
    Add me then! FC:0989-2835-1270
    PM me your FC after adding me!

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:25:30 AM »

That'd probably explain why he freezes every time he and Link are in the same match. Is there any way to fix that?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: