Official PokeZonic Help Thread

Started by DUMMY, November 25, 2017, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 25, 2017, 07:58:27 PM Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:02:35 PM by Black Kyurem
I'm starting a thread here to help people that may have issues with my mod.

These are all currently known bugs:

Disable Panic Handler as it causes several issues.

Make sure your Hooktype is set to AXNextFrame.

Make sure you are running a version of Dolphin that has SDHC support. Always use a 4GB or higher Virtual/SDHC card.

Try to avoid having a player select an original brawl character for one match and then select a clone based on
that character for the next match as this can cause instability (backing out of the CSS after every match
can avoid this problem but the crash is infrequent enough for me that I don't think it's worth it).

Clear mode will crash the game. [FIXED, but Clear Mode doesn't change anything]

Attempting to have a second player join in any of the solo mode activities will crash the game. [Seems to work fine now with Time Patrol]

If Naruto or Future Truncks activate their Fatal KO then the Fatal KO feature will be disabled until the game is reset. [FIXED]

Team Battles in All-Star VS mode will result in characters being stuck to a color specific costume.

After a character loses their first stock in Stamina mode they will be instantly killed if the are in their down state and will be affected by the blast zones even if the world wrap is active.

I'd recommend setting a save state at the CSS so if the game freezes you can just load the save state so as to avoid having to reboot Dolphin.


If you run this game on the Wii/Wii U then these issues will occur:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There have been many reports of freezing at the CSS, I haven't ever encountered this issue and I can't recreate it. (This may be caused by using an outdated version of Dolphin.)

You told me i need to ask here for help with my issue. :D

So i'll do that.

My issue is, that whenever i try to go somewhere with the regular character selection screen, my game freezes. I can play the Adventure Mode with no issues at all, but playing regular brawls or stuff like All-Star doesnt work because it freezes everytime when it trys to load character selection.

thx for help and best regards :)

Quote from: Yoshi_PRO on December 15, 2017, 01:55:07 PM
You told me i need to ask here for help with my issue. :D

So i'll do that.

My issue is, that whenever i try to go somewhere with the regular character selection screen, my game freezes. I can play the Adventure Mode with no issues at all, but playing regular brawls or stuff like All-Star doesnt work because it freezes everytime when it trys to load character selection.

thx for help and best regards :)
Do you have a 4GB SDHC/Virtual SD card? It can't be any higher or any less.


Have you tried formatting your card to FAT32? Did you launch it with Gecko or MinimaLauncher?  Is SSBB Set as your default ISO? Are you running a PAL version?

Try and see if any earlier versions work:
Sonic & Pokemon M Super+: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214194
Sonic & Pokemon M Super: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214030
Sonic & Pokemon MX: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213202
Sonic & Pokemon M: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212822
Sonic & Pokemon X: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212195

January 31, 2018, 06:40:47 AM #5 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:04:19 AM by Jade_Rock55
I am having the same issue as the previous poster concerning dolphin.

Super+ also crashed when built as an iso. Odd that PM worked when built and this did not. It crashed on startup.

Quote from: Jade_Rock55 on January 31, 2018, 06:40:47 AM
I am having the same issue as the previous poster concerning dolphin.

Super+ also crashed when built as an iso. Odd that PM worked when built and this did not. It crashed on startup.

You can't use BrawlBuilder to make this with an ISO. You have to use a 4GB virtual SD card.

I tried that as well and it still crashed with Sonic pokemon Z, also downloaded the SD.raw you put in the comments of a YouTube video and it still did not work.

Did you make sure that the SD card is inserted?

Yes I put brawl minus on an SD card and that worked so I know SD cards should work. Is it simply copy all contents to the root of the SD card?

Yes, copy the contents to the root of the SD card, and make sure you're launching with the Boot.elf in: Sonic Pokemon Z/Apps/Gecko1931

Super Smash Bros. Brawl should also be set as the default ISO.

February 01, 2018, 04:21:07 AM #11 Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:20:04 PM by Jade_Rock55
Oh ok I think I was using the wrong boot.elf. I'll try again.

Edit: I get an error on startup, invalid read 0x00000000c, PC= 0x80e4ee9c or something like that. What dolphin version are you using? Sorry for the trouble.

Post Merge: February 01, 2018, 06:11:01 PM

Ok I think I figured it out. SD.raw files over 2gb seem to not be working. As my brawl minus one is just over 1gb and it works. Should I add the SDHC expansion code as now it just loads vbrawl. I can't seem to load gecko either only minima launcher works when I load it's boot.elf file.

No wait, it loaded before. I'm starting to think PM and dolphin just do not mix welll as I have tried other PM related hacks that also did not work.

You must have an outdated version of Dolphin that doesn't support the 4GB Virtual SD card. Try getting the newest version of Dolphin.

SdHC is supported because I can see the different intro and main menu but I cannot get into the CSS.

It's the same CSS error I've been hearing about this mod. I'm still looking into it, but I can't recreate it. Try running M Super or earlier and see what that results in.