Official PokeZonic Help Thread

Started by DUMMY, November 25, 2017, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hey, so I've been noticing a lot of people having trouble with your pack (Sonic Pokemon Z) in this thread, so I decided to give it a shot -- I have the same issues as everyone else, immediate crash when trying to load up the CSS from "Brawl" or "Training" (Adventure mode does work though). Seems to be a problem with your pack since every other pack works just fine using the same methods that everyone uses. My Dolphin has SDHC support, properly loads the mods with Gecko the usual way, card is all fine, and if there is anything 'special' that needs to be done further than the standard way of loading a pack, that should be documented since it seems that a lot of people can get this pack working (both here and from looking at Youtube comments). I tried out a few older versions, and while I have no idea what order they came out in because the naming is all over the place...Sonic and Pokemon M Super+ did NOT work and gave me the same issues, but regular Sonic and Pokemon M Super (without the +) did work (all though the game itself still shows the '+' in the title screen, it is definitely a different version that I could get working). I've never encountered this glitch before so I don't know how to fix it, but this isn't a "standard" glitch and it isn't just one or two people having it. I would like to see your pack work because you have worked hard on it, if you need any help troubleshooting feel free to ask for some help.

February 17, 2018, 06:43:20 PM #31 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:23:20 PM by Black Kyurem
Quote from: itman on February 17, 2018, 04:41:29 PM
Hey, so I've been noticing a lot of people having trouble with your pack (Sonic Pokemon Z) in this thread, so I decided to give it a shot -- I have the same issues as everyone else, immediate crash when trying to load up the CSS from "Brawl" or "Training" (Adventure mode does work though). Seems to be a problem with your pack since every other pack works just fine using the same methods that everyone uses. My Dolphin has SDHC support, properly loads the mods with Gecko the usual way, card is all fine, and if there is anything 'special' that needs to be done further than the standard way of loading a pack, that should be documented since it seems that a lot of people can get this pack working (both here and from looking at Youtube comments). I tried out a few older versions, and while I have no idea what order they came out in because the naming is all over the place...Sonic and Pokemon M Super+ did NOT work and gave me the same issues, but regular Sonic and Pokemon M Super (without the +) did work (all though the game itself still shows the '+' in the title screen, it is definitely a different version that I could get working). I've never encountered this glitch before so I don't know how to fix it, but this isn't a "standard" glitch and it isn't just one or two people having it. I would like to see your pack work because you have worked hard on it, if you need any help troubleshooting feel free to ask for some help.
Sure, I could use some help fixing the CSS issue. I actually change the name every time there's a big change in the game engine. When I changed it from M Super to M Super+ I stopped using the CSS code and started using the CSSRoster.dat instead as it didn't cap me at 50 CSS slots.

Post Merge: February 17, 2018, 07:23:20 PM

I've updated PokeZonic to be compatible with the hackless method. I've also added version numbers to each of the mod packs.

it dosent fit on my 2gb sd card. it is 180mbs off.

Quote from: 1337b2 on February 17, 2018, 11:16:25 PM
it dosent fit on my 2gb sd card. it is 180mbs off.
You'll need to use a 4GB SDHC card, but if you want to use a 2GB SD card than use BrawlBuilder to patch the music in then just delete the "Sound" folder in "SD root/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/[Sound]". If you're playing on a Wii than you'll have to play with vBrawl music. You can also delete the "adventure" folder in "SD root/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/melee/[adventure]" to make even more room, but the custom stages in Adventure Mode will be gone.

how do you do the hackless method on a 4gb sdhc card?

Quote from: 1337b2 on February 18, 2018, 02:21:36 AM
how do you do the hackless method on a 4gb sdhc card?
The same way you would do it on a 2GB SD card. Delete all custom stages you have than boot up vBrawl and go to the custom stage menu and the game should freak out and launch Gecko.

I troubleshooted a bit...but can't really do much since I don't know exactly how your pack works (similar to Smash2's structure but not quite...). I found that removing the sc_selcharacter.pac file makes the game work (but without any clone characters obviously since BrawlEx needs one), but I'm pretty sure it's this file that's causing the problem (which it usually is when it comes to issues like this). The file isn't even close to being passed the filesize limit, if anything it's really tiny. If there's a corrupted image somewhere in there, even if it's just one image out of the many in there, the game will freeze. Otherwise, I don't really know what is causing it, or why you haven't had the same issues unfortunately. It'll be impossible for you to fix if you can't replicate the bug yourself.

February 18, 2018, 05:30:53 PM #37 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:56:14 PM by 1337b2
the hackless method does not work for me on a 4gb sdhc card

Post Merge: February 18, 2018, 05:32:45 PM

i will try it again on homebrew then see if what itman says is true for my wii u

Post Merge: February 18, 2018, 05:56:14 PM

yeah its true. when i deleted the sc_selcharacter.pac I was able to open the brawl css before it crashed. This probably means that one or some of your clone characters, probably the one or ones that are not on brawl vault, are corrupted.

OK, I'll try recreating the sc_selcharacter from scratch and we'll see the results.


I just finished recreated the sc_selcharacter. Let me know the results.

February 20, 2018, 09:20:59 PM #41 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:39:55 PM by 1337b2
ok

Post Merge: February 22, 2018, 01:25:41 AM

Same results. I have found out that adventure mode worked so I can confirm that the CSS is the only thing causing a problem.

Post Merge: February 22, 2018, 04:20:34 AM

Tomorrow, i am going to see what happens when I delete sc_selcharacter2.pac and both sc_selcharacter.pacs.

Post Merge: February 22, 2018, 08:39:55 PM

It seems that sc_selcharacter2.pac did not change the game at all. Do you know which file adds extra character slots to the css?

I got it working.
This version of Dolphin has to be used: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/84ecc0ecc9cf9acf355dbfbd7b15032ffffaa9eb/
I had to turn Panic Handlers off.

Also when the game starts up (at least for me), all buttons map to 'A'. It's because a default control scheme named '1' is set, which for some reason causes this. You need to add a new name entry and change to that in order to play normally.


I unfortunately don't have a Wii to test on right now. Black Kuyrem in theory should be getting the same issues you have been on Wii, since unlike Dolphin there isn't really much potential variance...is your card definitely SDHC, or is it SDXC? The extension code only works for SDHC. Otherwise I'm not sure why it won't work on Wii.