Brawl mods on Android

Started by Ebola16, January 12, 2018, 06:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 12, 2018, 06:18:12 PM Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 07:22:51 PM by Ebola16


It works! Gameplay is somewhat slow but we're getting close. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note8 but keep in mind that a lot of older phones can't even run Dolphin Emulator. My setup is loaded through Minima Launcher and combined with a virtual SDHC card. Other launchers can also be used. I average ~37 FPS with Minima Launcher and Gecko OS.

If you get stuck on setup issues or driver bugs, https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/ is the best place to ask Dolphin-related questions. Setting up a Dolphin environment for Android is similar to PC. Here is some non-intuitive information if you do decide to go for this. This project is under active development so these things may change:

1. Android can't emulate the Wii Memory Management Unit (MMU) yet.

2. This isn't an issue unique to Android but it's worth mentioning: SDHC read times are very slow

3. This isn't an issue unique to Android but it's worth mentioning: Gecko OS DSI exception occurs when Emulated or Real Wii Remote is connected.

4. This isn't an issue unique to Android but it's worth mentioning: Project M Launcher is the only launcher that can load masterpiece demo games but it suffers from Project M Launcher can't use DSP HLE Emulation (average FPS ~30 with DSP LLE workaround)

Helpful information from JosJuice regarding applying a launcher workaround without changing global settings:
QuoteThe file 00000000.ini should get applied to all DOLs and ELFs and also the GameCube IPL (if you're choosing to boot into the IPL itself rather than booting to a game when the Skip IPL setting is disabled). It isn't possible to be more specific than that.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!


January 16, 2018, 05:41:15 AM #2 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:44:50 AM by Ebola16
Some recent high-end phones can run Brawl mods at about half speed on Android (very rough estimate). Setup is similar to Dolphin on Windows with the exception of the issues I posted above. I'm trying to make it easier for people to test this and hopefully tackle some of the emulator's issues.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

February 07, 2018, 11:45:03 PM #3 Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 07:21:17 PM by Ebola16
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

February 12, 2018, 05:45:26 AM #4 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:07:52 AM by Ebola16
Android: Gecko OS crashes is fixed. Minima Launcher and Gecko OS no longer need workarounds.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

geez
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




The workarounds in this thread's original post are still needed.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

You should also be aware of Gecko OS DSI exception occurs when Emulated or Real Wii Remote is connected. This isn't an issue unique to Android but it can cause sudden crashes on Android. Also, Android can't emulate the Wii Memory Management Unit yet.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Some recent high-end phones can run Brawl mods at about half speed on Android (very rough estimate). Setup is similar to Dolphin on Windows with the exception of the issues I posted above. I'm trying to make it easier for people to test this and hopefully tackle some of the emulator's issues.
This is best travel gear
 year


Android: Add "Set as default ISO" to UI has finally been implemented!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Android: Add SD card setting to GUI has finally been implemented!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!