Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Project Porky Minch PSA WIP!!  (Read 31410 times)
SemiPsycho
Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »

I was actually going to suggest this, but I decided to let you do things at your own pace. If you think you're ready to tackle the rigging now, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Alright,  I'll give it a shot once I can!

So I'm in the process of preparing Porky's skeleton before I rig it. There are several "Landform" bones that aren't rigged to anything but are placed in specific locations. Does anyone know what these are for? I could just delete those, but we could also use them to place graphic effects on when we're programming. For example his up air, the energy orb that shoots up, we can animate one of the landform bones to match the path of the orb, then attach the orb graphic effect to it later. The orb wouldn't be in the FitPorky00.pac file, it would be found in the FitPorky.pac file. Even so, do we need all six of them?

Post Merge: October 15, 2018, 09:35:18 PM
    I believe I've finished the skeleton now, there are just a few lingering bones that I haven't decided to delete in case we need them for graphic effects. If you're seeing this you may have already seen that I renovated the original post thus seen the screenshots relating to the new skeleton, but I'll show them here as well as a time stamp:

Wow these screenshots look a lot worse now that I look back. Oh well!
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:35:19 PM by SemiPsycho » Logged

Ninten DS™
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 06:58:48 AM »

About the model I was thinking about some modifications knowing that since this is going to be a fighter's model it should be a bit more detailed like the others: maybe adding Mario's buttons to his pants, using Wario's center part of the belt and make it more circular of course. I was also thinking about a 3D modeled moustache, but I believe that would be a bit complicated and not necessary at all.
    Since I'm just here for renders, recolors and concept ideas I hope I'm not much of a nuisance with these type of suggestions.

Post Merge: October 16, 2018, 11:22:22 AM
    I've tried to do a new render pose and made it fit in the CSS, here's the result:

This was the original image:

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:22:23 AM by Ninten DS™ » Logged

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »

So I'm in the process of preparing Porky's skeleton before I rig it. There are several "Landform" bones that aren't rigged to anything but are placed in specific locations. Does anyone know what these are for? I could just delete those, but we could also use them to place graphic effects on when we're programming. For example his up air, the energy orb that shoots up, we can animate one of the landform bones to match the path of the orb, then attach the orb graphic effect to it later. The orb wouldn't be in the FitPorky00.pac file, it would be found in the FitPorky.pac file. Even so, do we need all six of them?
    If I'm not mistaken, those have something to do with the boss's hit detection, since the body of the mech acts as a solid object that can be stood upon in the boss battle. I agree that at least a few of those bones should stay, for ease of placing GFX; the many laser/electricity attacks, the fart attack, etc.

You use the Crusade up-air as an example, but I don't think that would work, since the orb needs to be coded as a separate object much like the vomit attack. The orb is a projectile that travels upwards, separate from Porky, so it couldn't feasibly be attached to a bone. That would cause the orb to be permanently "tied" above Porky for the animation, and would probably cause issues if the attack was performed multiple times in succession.

I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

Ninten DS™
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, those have something to do with the boss's hit detection, since the body of the mech acts as a solid object that can be stood upon in the boss battle. I agree that at least a few of those bones should stay, for ease of placing GFX; the many laser/electricity attacks, the fart attack, etc.

You use the Crusade up-air as an example, but I don't think that would work, since the orb needs to be coded as a separate object much like the vomit attack. The orb is a projectile that travels upwards, separate from Porky, so it couldn't feasibly be attached to a bone. That would cause the orb to be permanently "tied" above Porky for the animation, and would probably cause issues if the attack was performed multiple times in succession.

We shouldn't go with projectile based tilts/attacks for now, we should go with something more simple like the mech doing a flip or simply hitting with the mech's upper arms. As for the down tilt it could simply be some slashes with 2 of its arms. Porky's already going to use the orb in his up-special which I believe won't cause any trouble, so the orb is already well represented knowing it would hit in various directions like in his boss fight, maybe even use the orb as a replacement for a special if you run into trouble.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:02:58 PM by Ninten DS™ » Logged

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 12:21:08 AM »

Yeah, it's going to be difficult programming individual entities for some of his attacks, because as far as I know we can only use as many as the original character has, and I don't know to what extent we can modify the attributes of these entites. We could go for a middle ground and make pseudo-projectiles. They're basically animations that appear to be a separate entity but aren't. The problem with this is that for some attacks, Porky can move before the projectile and it's hit box disappears, and I don't think that can be achieved through pseudo-projectiles. However in one case, that's a good thing. In Crusade Porky actally has an infinite combo with his puke attack. And maybe his up air would be too spammable this way too. We'd probably have to make a different version of that attack where maybe the orb moves faster but travels less distance before disappering. Since his back air is a fart attack, it wouldn't follow the mech as it falls. I think we'll either have to program these moves as different entities or create entirely new moves that are simpler to code. But optimally we could make new versions of the original moves that work with pseudo-projectiles without appearing low quality or flimsy.

Ninten DS™
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 07:24:51 AM »

So, we got 500 views already, no one replies, and apparently people on Discord tell me it's because no one uses Brawl Vault anymore, perhaps we should already create a Discord server? Maybe that way people will actually give feedback, maybe the views are guests that don't even bother on having a Brawl Vault account knowing this page is just to download mods. After all it's only us three talking in here, it doesn't make sense, plus Discord is more direct and actually notifies when a message is sent. Here's the one I created: https://discord.gg/4HdCCa

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »

I did anticipate people who find this thread are searching for a project that's already completed. That being said, I've joined the discord, but I believe it would still be best to post here frequently so viewers know that the project is still in motion.

I would've loved to produce mods back during Brawl Vault's glory days XD but I was a kid when I found out about this place and I didn't have the skills to do anything. Now that I do, it seems most people have moved on, but that's okay.

Ninten DS™
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »

I did anticipate people who find this thread are searching for a project that's already completed. That being said, I've joined the discord, but I believe it would still be best to post here frequently so viewers know that the project is still in motion.

I would've loved to produce mods back during Brawl Vault's glory days XD but I was a kid when I found out about this place and I didn't have the skills to do anything. Now that I do, it seems most people have moved on, but that's okay.

2 years ago I didn't even know how to install Project M, I used to only modify via the program that let you modify the ISO, I believe it was WiiScrubber or something like that, and sometimes it was god damn stressful to replace so many things. With what you said I believe it would be better for us to communicate via Discord while posting progress in here. This thread is just a discussion of the project with a few screenshots regarding progress. Once PigMaskColonel has joined I'll try to spread the server, apparently people in the PM Remix server would like to join the server! Also, I got one of the PM Remix developers to help us to fix a few things, they're in the discord server in #general, so check it out!

Adsixnine
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:02 PM »

great work guys

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 07:35:55 PM »

Thank you!

Hey guys just a progress update on what's going on. So in Maya I ran into a small rigging problem where scaling bones no longer reacted like the original model did.

My version of the rig:

The original version of the rig:

You can see that scaling that joint in the original also scaled the children bones, but not in my rig. However after importing it into brawlbox the problem mostly disappeared by itself.

Now the problem is that the interface is kinda glitchy. Manually typing in a scale value for an axis on a bone will work fine, but trying to use the scale tool to scale the bone will cause the other axes to be affected for some (I'm guessing most) bones.I'm trying to figure out why this happened, and I have an idea. It might end up in me restarting the rig...
    but that's fine because most of this mesh isn't hard to rig anyways.

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #40 on: October 26, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »

I'm going to be out of town starting this Saturday, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help any nor communicate for the next few weeks. Nevertheless, good luck on the rigging, SemiPsycho!

For the few lurkers of this thread, we actually have a Discord server dedicated to the PSA. Please give it a look if you're interested:

https://discord.gg/4ZRMWeZ

I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: November 03, 2018, 09:45:20 PM »

Hey everyone, progress update! I've just finished re-rigging the new version of the model, and now I'm dabbling with his default costume textures, trying to make them resemble his Mother 3 appearance more, although I believe NintenDS may be able to make the textures as well. I also made a few edits to his machine UVs, so I'll be remaking the texture in an area, the back of his mech.

Ninten DS™
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #42 on: February 02, 2019, 04:53:25 PM »

Man, it sure has been a long time since I visited this thread... To anyone who casually stumbles upon this thread, we're still rolling with it. I posted a Discord link below, somewhere, that's where any updates will be posted when necessary, but here's a record of what we have to show as of now:

We also got some animations! But don't worry, these are just the ones we've shown, we have some animations we have yet to show!

(Many of these things shown have considerably changed)

We had some progress on moves as well, but we've since ported him over Mario. If you somehow can't find the Discord server link and want to join, here it is: https://discord.gg/jKy4ap7

Thanks for taking your time to read this! We appreciate any type of feedback.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:32:10 PM by Ninten DS™ » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3]
    Print
    Jump to: