Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 15
Author Topic: Get Featured on the KC:MM Blog  (Read 88343 times)
dingo
Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: May 13, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

Hello all. A few of the hackers here were wondering about how to be featured on the KC:MM Blog. I'm here to help answer those questions.

The original feature threads can be found HERE, HERE and HERE but with the lack of reception it has ever gotten I'm going to try to bring this back for the people who don't always get the reception they deserve.

How to be Featured!!!
    If you have something you feel is amazing and deserves a feature the method of being noticed is quite simple. Anything posted should include the hacks name, at least 3 pictures, description and a brawl vault link. Different types of hacks should be posted with different formats to really show it off.

*Note: All pictures must be in thumbnail format*

Texture/Vertex Feature
    -Texture/Vertex Name
    -BrawlVault Download Button
    -Explanation
    -1st Picture
    -2nd Picture
    -3rd Picture
    -Credit

Stage Feature
    -Texture Name
    -Explanation
    -1st Picture
    -2nd Picture
    -3rd Picture
    -Video Highly Preferred
    -Credit

PSA Feature
    -PSA Name
    -Explanation
    -Pictures With Changes
    -Video Showcase of Move Changes
    -Video Showcase of Standard Gameplay
    -List of Glitches
    -Credit

*More than 3 pictures are allowed. Must have at least 3 to qualify. If you wish for multiple textures or stages to be featured they may be put in the same post. Just provide the same information after any credit for the first one. *

*Only one PSA will be featured at a time. Use a spoiler when posting the changelog*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some examples of what could deserve a feature or not.

Fail

Neko Maid Zelda

My first texture. I do plan on revamping it.

After giving into her furry ways, Zelda moved out of the castle to find a place with others like her. There she became a maid to earn her stay =3

Credit to LookItsLink for the enhanced, cat-eared Zelda and for taking the pics. Credit to LenSho for the glasses vertex hack.

While this is in the proper format, the texture pretty bad and is very bland (self insult)

Win

Female Pit

Thats right i founds my way into the Vertexing world XD

So I introduce to you Pallutena’s New angel

Changes include His hair length and the style in the back and a slight breast enhancement (not that noticeable)

*Copied this from the blog feature of it. Made by X_funtaztic_X*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The difference in quality is pretty obvious. One of the things that earned Female Pit a feature is that it was unique.

A unique and fresh idea, if done well could easily earn a spot on the blog. Not everything is about vertex hacks. Vertex hacks can't always amount to a lot without a texture fitting of it. An outstanding texture can shut down a good vertex hack with a good texture any day.

The same applies to any stage or PSA. A unique idea earns a lot of points towards a spot on the blog.

As for who is chosen, they will get a PM from Jack that their hack will be featured. This won't be an everyday occurrence. There may be a week or more with no features but that shouldn't discourage anyone. That just means you have more time to possibly make a more amazing hacks for a feature. This will give you a better chance at earning one as well.

*The purpose of this thread is not to spam with who you think should be featured or thoughts on peoples hacks. Please DO NOT comment on what you see here. Personal opinions of what should be featured do not reflect that of the team members here, so opinions will not get a hack a feature. They only count as spam so they don't belong here. If you wish to post your hacks then you are free to do so. If you don't understand a rule you may ask it but please remove your comment after you have your answer.*
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:33:03 AM by dingoberriz » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »

I'm glad music wasn't mentioned this time. The idea of featuring music is silly.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »

Old submissions:
    Zerosuit Peach/Rosalina
    Zerosuit Peach/Rosalina
    Samus was not the only one the Chozo trained on Zebes...
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=3975&Moderated=All
    Peach and Rosalina rejoin the brawl in there sexy new Zerosuits, and they are ready to kick some ass!
    It had been on my mind for a while, but only recently made possible by Lensho and his Biker Peach/Rosalina models!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:59:11 PM by DrPanda » Logged

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:16 AM »

Congrats DrPanda. You earned yourself a blog feature.

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:47:29 AM »

Let me remind everyone that BrawlBox images are fail-tastic, and is an automatic "Please don't feaure me" flag.

-Jack H.

Ike_Lawliet
    Special Access

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:43:23 AM »

Just a quick aside-

Another way to get featured is simply do something awesome, and have an admin notice, a la the twice featured Mewtwo2000.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »

I guess it's about that time. Hopefully I'll get the feature.

What to submit? I guess I'll submit these:
    Sasuke Uchiha
    Countless Narutos. Naruto textures, PSAs, and even a model. Is there no love for his emo counterpart?
    So I did it myself. I vertex edited Marth into Sasuke and I this was the result.

Credit to Rawrzilla, I used his texture as a base to work off of.

Also available in the classic Young Sasuke variety.

Travis Touchdown
    Suda 51 said they wanted Travis Touchdown in the next Smash Bros. game.
    But I wanted Travis to be in Smash Bros. now. So I took matters into my own hands and made the No More Heroes star for myself.

Credit to Pik for the great texture with edits by me to fit the new model.

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »

Here's my Submission, its very popular with the ladies  Awesome Face

WOLF LINK
    my second most popular hack, i really enjoyed making this one and i had access to wolf links ACTUAL textures from twilight princess, which of course were very helpful!i love this hack mainly because it turned out to be a lot greater success than i thought it would.

PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM: http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu117/CR4CK3RWLF/Brawl%20Texture%20Hacks/Wolf%20Link/

Credit is due to Syrus63 for the original idea, i revamped his original texture greatly Cheesy.
    oh and credit goes to Zephron for the stage that the pictures are shown in.
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:52:44 AM by Judge CR4CK3RW0LF » Logged

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

Here's my Submission, its very popular with the ladies  Awesome Face

if its possible, can jack H. take some HD pics of this one? maybe even a video? maybe thats too much to ask...

WOLF LINK
    my second most popular hack, i really enjoyed making this one and i had access to wolf links ACTUAL textures from twilight princess, which of course were very helpful!i love this hack mainly because it turned out to be a lot greater success than i thought it would.

PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM: http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu117/CR4CK3RWLF/Brawl%20Texture%20Hacks/Wolf%20Link/

Credit is due to Syrus63 for the original idea, i revamped his original texture greatly Cheesy.
    oh and credit goes to Zephron for the stage that the pictures are shown in.
    i also have questions..
    1. to jack H., i think in some cases brawl box images are nessesary, like if you want to showcase collision data for a stage where one might not be too sure where platforms are (I.E. some 2D stages..) right?

2. i belong to a team, so is it wrong to ask for a bit of advertisement? like can i post our banner? im from Galaxia Darkness btw.. but hey, if you dont like adverts for opposing teams thats fine.. we have revived the team after some inactivity so i was hoping for some facetime Cheesy

3. not really a question, but....I LOVE to use Photobucket albums to showcase my hacks, if you would prefer one picture over another on my album, please, be my guest and feature those.

4. what kind of comp are you using Jack H.? cause it must be something pretty beast to run HD video for brawl! i would really like to know the specs on that baby!  my comp is alright, but its a single core pentium.. Sad

1) You know when brawlbox images are appropriate. I don't think I need to make it a mosaic law or anything.

2) We know what it's like to start off as a small team. We were there almost 2 years ago. Sure, put your banner in your signature, but for heaven's sake, don't make the banner height so obnoxiously huge that makes us want to gargle vinegar. Tongue  You Galaxia Darkness folk have a rep for stacking banners in your sig. Avoid that.

3) If you end up getting featured, we will only use the images that you provide. I can easily proclaim my hatred for photobucket's bandwidth limitations, and encourage you to move to tinypic. Anyone being featured must realize that your bandwidth limit is going to skyrocket if your images are placed on the blog, so take precaution, and avoid silly image sites that impose limitations in bandwidth. The last thing we want on the blog's face is "BROKEN IMAGE - BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED" squares everywhere.

4) Alright, I've been asked this many times, and I'll end up putting it in my signature later, but here's the full specs of my computer I built:

- Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor [Unlocked to Quad-Core, Overclocked each core to 3.63GHz]
    - MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
    - VIDEOCARD: XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support
    - Hard Drives: [2x RAID 0] Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    - Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm ...

It scores straight 7.4's on the Windows Experience Index, for those familiar with that.

Hope that helps.

-Jack H.

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »

I don't mind what was already said but don't get off topic with a continuing conversation please.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »

I guess I could give this a shot...
    CSP HELP STAGE
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=1984&Moderated=All
    Tired of not getting a good picture for your character? Use this CSP Help Stage! This texture goes over the Forest texture on stage builder and can make CSP-creating much easier! Every texture on this is magenta, so rendering is a snap!

Credits to the creators of these textures. Download includes stage and texture.
    I tried  Undecided

: SW-2632-7270-6724

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »

Hmm...this is a good stage for CSPs.....I don't really no what to say about this one...not something you'd generally see on a blog but is extremely useful. I think the big man himself will have to decide on this.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 02:45:58 AM »

Unless there's a better snapshot decryptor that I don't know about -- and if there is, please enlighten me, because I hate the one I have -- this isn't all that useful. The conversion to jpg would cause the colors to mix around the edges, wouldn't it?

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »

Hope You guys enjoy this PSA.

Athena Asamiya

The Psycho Princess Athena Asamiya Joins the brawl. Athena is made for horizontal combat. You will constanly chase oppnents across the screen with her teleporting psycho powers. Athena is a tricky fighter with plenty of combos to master and she doesn't look half bad either.

Here are two Newer Textures that aren't included in the PSA DownLoad

Zero Athena

G Rated Final Smash Texture

(Athena's Full Move List)
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LQLX-bkPjI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LQLX-bkPjI</a>

(Athena 7.0 sample fights)
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lN844u6A8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lN844u6A8</a>

Glitches
    If you press down on the D-pad while you are pressing the jump button you'll cancel your upward momentum just like regular peach but you won't float.

Doing an air attack then holding up on the D-Pad makes her pause mid air for like half a millisecond but its not too noticeable while your fighting.

Glitch details are explained in the Move list Video

Credits
    Textures and PSA by Drsusredfish
    Models by dingoberriz, Lensho,Chrono Trigger,pinkprincess, and stoney
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:53:24 PM by drsusredfish » Logged

flammable
    Black Cat
    Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Heart Container

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »

Texture/Vertex Feature
    -Albel Nox Complete Pack--
    Badace Albel Nox from 'Star Ocean: Till' the End of Time' joins brawl. Complete with his METAL ARM, SEXY HAIR, DEADLY SWORD and SIX DIFFERENT COSTUMES :O. You could use 1 slot, or you could be a badace and complete your whole Marth slot with this badace.
    Costumes:
    -Original
    -Samurai
    -Revamp
    -Space
    -Shinobi
    -Terkoiz/Random

Even comes with, CSPs, CSS names, and CSS Icons!!!

---

-Credit goes to:
    --ps_fanatic for the initial texture
    --demonboy for the pic
    --DasDonkey for Vertex Box
    that is all

Extra Pics:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:20:05 PM by flammable » Logged

Married Mai Self nvm

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 15
    Print
    Jump to: