Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33
Author Topic: Vertex Hacking: Advanced Techniques  (Read 125675 times)
Vinyourg
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2010, 02:11:29 AM »

To be honest, the word "advanced" in this situation doesn't have that ring to it: the ring of difficulty, hard work, and a brain. It feels more like "easy way out, do it and be a pro instantly".

On a side note, after your depressing and world-cynical speech, I decided to kick my own butt into high(er) gear, and actually look around. Your sig conviniently contains the latest tutorial, so I went for that.

Turns out the problem was that I didn't have the balls to double patch. I felt that if I ever had to double patch, I was a failure. Naaaw. Double patching is a neccesary part of life, like a stop light or a pedestrian crossing. You can ignore it if you want, but you know something bad might happen...(shrugs)

And I ignored ChaosRune entirely and found out first hand why Ike's sleeves don't match with his arms in all the animations. Ike will occasionally rotate his arm, like a person would when they open a doorknob or something. But the sleeves don't move along with the rotating arm.

I will finish this stupid Prince.

Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #451 on: August 23, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »

*sigh* Don't complain, mariokart ... At least, sometimes people here have actual trouble that needs you to think a bit.
    On the French Forum where I've translated my guide, I only see reading mistakes.

" This tutorial doesn't work ...
    [Later] Oh, I've found the problem, I didn't check "Copy" when I cloned."

"It looks like vertexing doesn't work that good ...
    [Later] Oh yeah, so I should import vertex sets with "Import Verts", not mdl0s ? I get it now ..."

"Morphing doesn't work !
    [later] Huh ? I didn't think about turning off the Edits on the Mesh before Morphing twice ? Oh yeah, that's right."

-_-

Turns out the problem was that I didn't have the balls to double patch. I felt that if I ever had to double patch, I was a failure. Naaaw. Double patching is a neccesary part of life, like a stop light or a pedestrian crossing. You can ignore it if you want, but you know something bad might happen...(shrugs)
    The problem was indeed that you seem to have skipped what seemed pretty clear in my own tutorial. >_>

17- But if we look at her feet ... something's wrong, baby. Modifying the legs/feet or arms/hands will cause a distortion on the left side. You'll need to re-patch to correct this.

Reading ... reading ... Tongue
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:56:00 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

All Hail To The Mario Baby!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #452 on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »

Some guys are clearly running in circles when the information is all here. what's the point in babying there efforts, when there not taking on the effort to read and "research"

Having the answers is different then understanding the answers. I offer the guidance, not personalized self-confidence. A few times I've linked up with other members here and walked them through the process using TeamViewer.. and making personalized mini Videos.. I've done more helping then you think, so I think I'm entitled to complain once in a awhile. <_<

though I understand where your coming from, its possible the way I represented my information was not clear enough
    but that's the whole reason for the video. a visual representation on how to do something doesn't primarily mean you need to understand my language. because as long as you follow my every action, you'll be able to pickup the basic idea. and thanks to people like yourself.. people can extracted a more informational way to understand the procedure.

Then again my last rant was about people giving bad advice, using half pieces of information.. and now I'm just ranting some more about O_o .. why I ranted in the first place omg lol
    though I suppose I should be grateful that more and more people are actually getting this method locked down.

-mariokart64n
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:47:55 PM by mariokart64n » Logged

Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
    [Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

n64billy
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #453 on: September 08, 2010, 01:01:32 AM »

So is there any progress at all on Vertex weights? I haven't found anything on it yet and I'm not too sure how to go about it myself..

alexhall
    Mega Kitten

JUST AS PLANNED!

• Awards RAGE!! Hot Topic Featured Famous Hacker

« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »

Has anyone tried to modify Meta Knight's wings? When I edit them and do all the stuff before previewing them on brawlbox, there's a mess instead of what I did when I preview them. And I'm sure I did it all right :/

Could it be I'm doing something wrong or are MK's wings just f*cking b*stards?

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000 Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #455 on: September 08, 2010, 05:16:56 PM »

Works fine for me...

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #456 on: September 10, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »

Has anyone tried to modify Meta Knight's wings? When I edit them and do all the stuff before previewing them on brawlbox, there's a mess instead of what I did when I preview them. And I'm sure I did it all right :/

Could it be I'm doing something wrong or are MK's wings just f*cking b*stards?

The latter.

Since Raiden's model isn't T-stanced like Brawl's models, I'm just going to vertex the slow way.

Cocopuff
    Mega Kitten

Addicted to PSA as a minor. So sad

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »

Ok, so I have been looking for this information for while, and I can't seem to find it, so I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but is this compatable with 3ds max 2007? I followed all the steps, but the create patch button just comes up with an error, which makes the script unusable.

Alucard
    An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
    [/spoiler]

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #458 on: September 15, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »

Are you using the new script?
    You don't have to use the patch button at all if you use the 'morpher' method

Cocopuff
    Mega Kitten

Addicted to PSA as a minor. So sad

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

« Reply #459 on: September 15, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »

What exactly is the morpher method? I am kind of a noob to this

Alucard
    An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
    [/spoiler]

DrPanda
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #460 on: September 16, 2010, 07:26:44 AM »

What exactly is the morpher method? I am kind of a noob to this
    If you jump back a few pages (page 28 I think) Mariokart posted a video to better explain it. That should help you out Smiley

NxZ!
    Advanced Kitten

BEEN★BRAWL

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #461 on: September 23, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

um the conform-wrap-ms is down

N?Z!!http://twitter.com/#!/setashoji

DrPanda
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #462 on: September 24, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »

um the conform-wrap-ms is down
    Real hackers don't use Conform wrap Tongue
    >.> Well... it doesn't work for me anyway
    Anyway, if you just google 3dsmax conform wrap, it should be easy enough to find.Using it however is a completely different story
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:38:23 PM by DrPanda » Logged

Maltes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #463 on: September 24, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »

Hi, first at all, great tutorial!... now, I have got a question... I have some models in my pc, and using 3dmax I reduced the vertex to the necesary number (in this case 1462 that is Zero Body) but the problem comes when I use morph, all vertex moves arround and everything is a mess. I was thinking and I tought something kind of obvious (dah!), and it's because each vertex must have a number or something like that and it seems them are no the same number.

Now, I have seen some model imports(over the same bones) such as Krauser, Chrism,etc. and I was wondering how is it done then?... thanks in advance and I hope this question wasn't asked before. thanks

n64billy
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #464 on: October 02, 2010, 04:00:02 AM »

You could try lining up the models, and working in wireframe mode or something... Reshape it until it matches to how you like it...

Pages:  1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33
    Print
    Jump to: