Music Guide and FAQ

Started by Vyse, June 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Does Goldwave work with MP3 Layer 3 files? I tried and when I saved, it said it couldn't encode... or something like that.

Also, after I set both markers, after it reached the end using the yellow play button, it stopped abruptly...

Does the end marker also need to be a multiple of 14336?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not very good at this, obviously.

December 18, 2009, 07:06:27 AM #226 Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:09:16 AM by Vyse
Go here and get the MP3 LAME encoder.

For the yellow play button, go to Options > Control Properties and check the Loop box under Yellow Play (in the Play tab).

No, it does not.

Thanks for the download and advice!

I have another question. After I do all the steps, do I just rename the EditedSongs to something.brstm?

Don't rename the EditedSongs folder. You can give the finished brstm whatever name you want.

What I meant is that there's no EditedSongs folder, just a file named EditedSongs with no extension. When I renamed it and put it on my SD card, the song was just, I think, whatever W23 was.

Which download was the EditedSongs folder supposed to come with?

Oh. Just make a new folder in the root of the tool named "EditedSongs". If you got the new download I put up yesterday, it didn't include that folder because I just made an rar of the version I use, and all of my music was in it.

Just make a new folder called "EditedSongs" and you'll be fine.

...last question, I think!

Does Goldwave suddenly make some songs sound really watery at some times or is that just me? It always sounds perfect until right before I make it into a .brstm with Dant's tool. Actually, it only happens with one song, but it always happens.

...I have no idea what could be doing that.

Can you change the song on 75m?
Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?


Never bothered and don't really care, but I don't see why not. Pretty sure the only song you can't change is Hanenbow's.

I'm trying to make victory themes, but it keeps looping, how do you make it so that they don't? Sorry, I didnt see a step like that in here.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

You... you mean you didn't see the big section labeled Victory Themes?

Quote from: Vyse on January 02, 2010, 01:17:38 AM
You... you mean you didn't see the big section labeled Victory Themes?
Yes I saw that, but it doesnt tell me how not to make the songs loop, when I do that step, it just keeps looping over and over. I want it to play only once, then play the results music like normal.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Using the victory theme option should do that.

It's great to see a guide with every download link working.
I am only having a few problem getting my songs to play on my system..

I've followed this guide and your video. Everything was working fine but after placing my .brstm files in my SD under private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm and naming my song X03.brstm and then running Gecko it still only plays the original Battlefield song.
I've tried using other brstm converters but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be great, thanks.