Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99600 times)
Snoopy
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #180 on: December 23, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

you can resize a model by scaling up or down a bone that's toward the top of the bone structure.  take the bone that you're using as the HipN bone, and for every animation, scale it to the size you need.  this is a similar method to the one slot resizing method, except without renaming bones so that it only affects one model.  this is the most effective way to resize a model, since it doesn't depend on the resizing program (i can't get the thing to even work), and it won't mess up the hurtboxes like model scaling through the PSA attributes would give.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #181 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

^It kinda workd, but it causes more major polygon stretching. Heres a pic:

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #182 on: December 23, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »

huh.  it looks like the bone structure is the right size, but the polygons...

hmm, looks like this may be a fun one.  send me the file and i'll see if i can get it to work.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: December 23, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »

OK, here is the ORIGINAL file, with the header unfixed and everything.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ik9r653pkdss99p
    Thanks alot, even if your unsuccessful.

Central Thread:

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #184 on: December 23, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »

SSJCerious, i know what the problem is.  the problem is that you were scaling the t-pose, and not an animation. 

when resizing, you need to be sure that you're editing an animation, otherwise it will stretch all weird, as you've seen.

and don't mind that half of the model isn't showing.  i'm not sure why it's doing that, but it's probably just something that i did wrong.

oh, and scaling by 10, and a Y Translation of 8.25 looks about like Brawl standards, or at least a good starting point.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: December 23, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »

SSJCerious, i know what the problem is.  the problem is that you were scaling the t-pose, and not an animation. 

when resizing, you need to be sure that you're editing an animation, otherwise it will stretch all weird, as you've seen.

and don't mind that half of the model isn't showing.  i'm not sure why it's doing that, but it's probably just something that i did wrong.

oh, and scaling by 10, and a Y Translation of 8.25 looks about like Brawl standards, or at least a good starting point.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Central Thread:

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: December 30, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »

Hey, I'm working on a model import that doesn't have enough bones for the item holding glitch to be fixed. Is there anything I can do so that it won't crash every time I lpick one up? The model is over Lucario, if that helps.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #187 on: December 30, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »

well, is it going to be a full character replacement, or a one slot swap?

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: December 30, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

Full replacement.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: December 30, 2010, 08:58:24 PM »

good, then that means you can fix it (you have to edit the FitCharacter.pac, or the PSA file, which affects all costume slots which is why one slot swaps can't be fixed this way)

open the FitCharacter.pac in Tabuu, and go to FitCharacter/Miscdata[0] > Sections > data > UnknownO > and the 2 things in here are what we’ll be changing, just not in Tabuu.  Click on the 0x000 and write down the FileOffset number, and probably the Value as well so you know what number you’re looking for. 

Open the FitCharacter.pac in the hex editor and go to the FileOffset you wrote down.  Around there will be what you’re looking for.

The reason I say around there is because Tabuu doesn’t count some of the Header data until the last of the file, so the rest of the Offsets are off a little.  If you wrote down the Value as well, convert it to hex and look for it.  An alternative would be to enter this into the search function of the hex editor: 000000XX 000000XX, where the XX is the hex value of the Value from earlier.  There are 3 of the 0x000 numbers, and 5 of the 0x001 numbers, each reference telling Brawl where to put the item on the model when holding an item.  The reason that Tabuu won’t work is because it only edits one of each of the numbers instead of all of them.

So once you find the numbers to change, it’s time to figure out where you want the new character to hold items.  Open the new model in BrawlBox, and go to the part where you want the new model to hold items.  I’ll use the arm as an example, since I’m sure that’s going to be the popular choice (it’s the same for right and left).  The first Value corresponds to the replaced character’s HaveN bone, while the second refers to the HandN bone (these can also be the same, if your model is lacking in arm bones).  Not all models will have a HaveN bone that you can easily use, but the good thing is that you don’t have to rename any bones for this to work (but if you do rename the bones, then it will borrow the animation for holding items, which may or may not look good).  So once you have the bones you want to use, convert the BoneIndex (right window in BrawlBox while the bone of choice is highlighted) to hex, and put them into the hex editor, and save (just remember to get all 8 numbers). 

(copy pasted from the first post.  it has a picture there of what you're looking for in the hex editor if you need.)

or the alternate is to send me the files so i can edit them.  i offer this because some people think that hexing is worse than death.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: December 30, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »

^Thanks. I can probably hex them myself, but I'll send you them if I have trouble.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #191 on: December 30, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »

Hello! I have a questio regarding character porting. When I port Captain Falcon Over Lucario, the only glitch is the run in place glitch.

But, when I port his moveset as well, he usually freezes when landing a jump. Any idea why?

EDIT: Not moveset, fitmotionetc.

Central Thread:

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: December 30, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »

Alright, he's fixed, thanks for your help!
    I have one more question though. Whenever my import uses neutral B (Lucario's Aura sphere), he freezes. Any idea why that happens? I can send you the files if necessary.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: December 30, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »

Flipcoat, it's probably because the PSA is trying to access a bone that the new model doesn't have.  it's the same reason that many imports on Captain Falcon freeze when doing the Falcon Punch.  either you'll have to disable/remove the graphic through PSA, or change which bone it references.  for both of them, you'll have to edit the PSA, and i'm not too good with it.  but it should be around sub action 1D2 for Lucario's Neutral B, and then the part you need to edit should be under the Graphics tab.  it's most likely an external graphic, and it will show a bone index number, most likely higher than a bone that the new model has.

SSJCerious, the running in place is because of a misplaced TransN bone.  Falcon's is 3, and Lucario's is 7.  so if you're doing a one slot swap, then renaming Falcon's 7th bone (the bone index 7th), then it will correct the problem, but it may mess up certain animations, because Falcon's 7th bone is probably one of his leg bones.

and when you say you ported the MotionEtc, did you just rename it from FitCaptain to FitLucario, or did you export and import the animations individually?  a lot of problems come from just renaming the MotionEtc file.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #194 on: December 30, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »

^Yeah, i just renamed it. Is there any other way besides renameing though? (Without hex, hex=evil Im srs here)

Central Thread:

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26
    Print
    Jump to: