Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: The Wario Land Project *Need help with Special Moves*  (Read 34214 times)
Aether
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 09, 2011, 03:12:38 AM »

I know I'm not the only person who was disappointed with Wario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. His moveset just felt odd and random. Yeah, it does fit his design pretty well, and it reflects the hectic and random nature of the Wario Ware games, but it leaves something to be desired. It just doesn't feel like the same Wario from the older games. Where is Wario's brute strength? His rude and boastful personality? As he appears in Brawl, hes just a wacky farting guy with weird animations. That's not how i imagined him all of these years. With the advancements in Brawl Hacking, im surprised that someone hasn't took it upon themselves to do it right. Well, at least i can try. Introducing the return of

Wario Land Wario

As a start, i made a texture of his in-game appearance from Wario Land 1, 2 and 3, with White and Black clothes. I also had Weyard vertex him to be a little skinnier and more muscular. I'll be releasing this texture separate from the PSA but i will be using it in all screenshots and such as a personal favorite. Unless of course people like it, then i'll just package them together.

For now, i only have BrawlBox pictures, but i will update with in-game pics tomorrow.

Here, you can see how his fat has been trimmed, and his overalls lowered.

CHANGELIST:
    (all moveset changes are pending and may be changed at any time)

- Dash A
    Dash A is now a weak shoulder tackle. It has two hitboxes with differing knockback. The first one has knockback growth and works as any other move. The latter knocks them only a few feet, allowing you to combo straight into a Up B or Short Hopped Forward Air before they regain control.
    - Up A
    Up A is now an uppercut.
    - Forward Smash
    Forward Smash is now a powerful shoulder tackle. All i did was increase the distance he travels and added some wind effects. I also made his entire arm enlarge througout the duration of the attack, as it does in Wario Land 3. I need to add a rainbow gfx to this.
    - Forward Aerial A
    Forward A in the air is now a huge kick, opposed to the little pansy foot tap he used to do. As of now, the damage and such is the same, but i might change it eventually.
    -Up Aerial A is now an uppercut
    -Neutral Aerial A is now a dizzying tornado (needs gfx)
    -Back Aerial A is now a turning punch
    -Walk animations are done for now
    -Squat animations are done for now

CREDITS
    (if i use any of your ideas or suggestions, i will give you credit. But other than that, i want to do most of it myself)
    Aether - Texture, Animating and PSA
    Weyard - Vertexing
    GammaRidley - Animating

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
    - I NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE HIS NEUTRAL B. Lift and Throw - Wario grabs the opponent and lifts them over his head with one arm. You can walk around and jump while they are on your head, and they cannot break free with random button presses. When you press A or B again, Wario forcefully throws the opponent straight forward.
    - I NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE HIS SIDE B. Wrecking Roller - Wario leans forward on one leg then tumbles forward, rolling into a ball. He rolls until he hits someone, something or goes off an edge.
    - I NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE HIS DOWN B. Pulverizing Pound - (On the ground he still uses Wario Waft) When used in the air, Wario forcefully pounds downwards. Upon hitting the ground, a short shockwave goes out in all directions, stunning anyone nearby.
    - I need someone to create a rainbow gfx on his Forward Smash
    - I need someone to create a tornado gfx on his Neutral Aerial A
    - SUGGESTIONS. Im always open to suggestions

DOWNLOAD
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=8660&Moderated=0
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:49:35 AM by Aether » Logged

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 03:17:16 AM »

i support this Project
    Wario needs a moveset based on him self from Wario Land

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:53:41 AM »

My ideas for his B moves:

I think you're going to have trouble trying to make it all unique new moves or exclusively WarioLand moves. I think you'll have to take a few from Shake it or WarioWorld.
    I would just focus on getting the walking/running/jump/crouch/crawlling animations close to the WarioLand versions and get the moves from the series as a whole.
    It would then at least represent Wario better than his current moveset. Sakurai seemed to forget that WarioWare wasn't the only game in the series.

B or Down B could have him grow into the Fat transformation (just translate his head and belly larger) and hop once. Medium hitboxes on both sides during the "pound". It would be similar to Charizard's downsmash. A few ft past the hitbox should have a quake effect but no damage.
    Or, B or Down B could be the earthquake punch from Shake It. It shows it several times during this video:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CSfYZlaOM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CSfYZlaOM</a>

Both of these would have the same function. It's just a matter of which would be easier and look better.

Forward B could have him lean forward on one leg, then roll into a ball and go rolling. This one would requite a bunch of "ifs" to cancel it out incase you fly off the ledge during it.

I just realized that you can't/shouldn't change his UpB. I can't think of anything other than the "balloon" transformation that you could use. However....
    In Wario World, if you jump in the middle of a dash attack, he enters the corkskrew. The way you have it set up right now is perfect. The dash attack locks the opponent just long enough for you to have an almost guaranteed corkscrew out of it.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:56:10 AM by Weyard » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 04:23:44 AM »

Well, if anyone is able to help me with the B moves right now, these are my suggestions.

B - Bad Breath - He pulls out his garlic (article?) and eats it. Then laughs, emitting a disgusting oder from his mouth. Has armor frames at certain parts of the move. Does damage the whole time someone is in the radius of the stench (some green gfx). The stench cloud should extend about two foot or so in front of him, and about half a foot behind him. No knockback.

B> Rolling Wrecking Ball - He stands up on one leg, then tumbles forward rolling into a ball. He rolls until he hits something/someone, is attacked by someone, or goes off an edge. Slow startup, but pretty fast while rolling.

B^ Corkscrew - Remains the same.

Bv Wario Waft - Same? Im not sure if you can even change it at all. If possible, i would like it to be a pound. It doesnt have to do anything on the ground, but in the air he should pound just like bowser.

If you can think of some better special moves, that are actually possible, please suggest away. Ill add them, and my own to the first post soon.

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »

Well, if anyone is able to help me with the B moves right now, these are my suggestions.

B - Bad Breath - He pulls out his garlic (article?) and eats it. Then laughs, emitting a disgusting oder from his mouth. Has armor frames at certain parts of the move. Does damage the whole time someone is in the radius of the stench (some green gfx). The stench cloud should extend about two foot or so in front of him, and about half a foot behind him. No knockback.

B> Rolling Wrecking Ball - He stands up on one leg, then tumbles forward rolling into a ball. He rolls until he hits something/someone, is attacked by someone, or goes off an edge. Slow startup, but pretty fast while rolling.

B^ Corkscrew - Remains the same.

Bv Wario Waft - Same? Im not sure if you can even change it at all. If possible, i would like it to be a pound. It doesnt have to do anything on the ground, but in the air he should pound just like bowser.

If you can think of some better special moves, that are actually possible, please suggest away. Ill add them, and my own to the first post soon.

i support this,
    and i can help with side b.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:47:36 PM »

ok, thanks. Just make it on a fresh wario.pac and fitmotion whenever you get the time. When you're finished, just give me the separate animation(s) and the wario.pac. Ill put them into the main one myself. Once i get some new run/walk animations and his aerials done ill upload a beta version for you all to play around with. As of now, he obviously still plays like Wario, but by the time im done, im hoping for a stronger but slower moving moveset.

EDIT

I cant find a walk/run animation that looks good on him, so ill have to make it myself. Unless someone else is good at that sort of thing and would like to help out. I would like him to run like in this video.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3jqt38NLA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3jqt38NLA</a>
    Im also planning on giving him the same duck/crawl animations seen in that video, so you can do them if you like too.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:54:35 PM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 02:22:37 AM »

You need to enlarge his arms in his neutral A attack.

Back Air-  Use Snake's back air as a base, but make him turned the otherway, so his fists are hitting the opponent. Enlarged arms.

Up air- an uppercut like the one you have on his normal upA. Huge fist.

Down Air- reverse corkscrew? Using the same graphic effects as the normal Corkscrew.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 02:46:40 AM »

they are already pretty big during the A combo. I need to add a third hit to it, he does like a headbutt at the end of it on Wario World.

Ill try that.

Rather not reuse one of his other moves. Ill think of something else.

Its already the reverse corkscrew, i just need to put the gfx from his Up B on it.

EDIT

I have ideas for his Up Aerial A and Neutral Aerial A. Once i get them finished, ill rework his attributes in PSA to make him feel like a different character, then ill upload a version for you all to play around with.

Thread Title has been edited. I need someone to make his walk, run, crouch and crawl animations. You can see him run, crouch and crawl in this video, just make them as close as you can to what he does in-game.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3jqt38NLA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3jqt38NLA</a>
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:46:42 AM by Aether » Logged

Blueblur22
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »

for the ground pound move u should have it stun foes on the ground for a little bit

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »

*Notices project*

A PSA over Wario eh?  This sounds pretty cool *strokes chin*

for the ground pound move u should have it stun foes on the ground for a little bit

^ This.  Although I think it should be like how Cape Mario's Ground Pound works.  It should only stun foes on the ground if you do it from a high height.  This wouldn't be too hard to do.  If you guys needed help with something like this, I could easily do it Wink

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:40 PM »

*Notices project*

A PSA over Wario eh?  This sounds pretty cool *strokes chin*

^ This.  Although I think it should be like how Cape Mario's Ground Pound works.  It should only stun foes on the ground if you do it from a high height.  This wouldn't be too hard to do.  If you guys needed help with something like this, I could easily do it Wink
    Sure. Go ahead and make a pound similar to that for Wario's downB on a fresh pac if you'd like. Aether and I have never been able to get B moves to work out right.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »

Project M seems to have the same idea. ¦D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQOewgy-kQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQOewgy-kQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7SDgfKAhw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7SDgfKAhw</a>

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 03:18:12 PM »

o.O  So wait, they do this awesome creative stuff with the newcomers like Wario, but re-clone characters like Falco?  That's half badass, half lame. 

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 03:45:53 PM »

Well, thats still the same Brawl Wario more or less. Do they plan on making more drastic changes to it?
    Love that charge though. Thats exactly what i had in mind for this one xD
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:47:50 PM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »

The dash attack on that video is exactly what you need for his forward Smash.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
    Print
    Jump to: