Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1610427 times)
ForOhFor Error
Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1680 on: October 27, 2010, 12:57:04 PM »

And he has, but the camera messes up.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1681 on: October 27, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »

xD

It's just that the fixed camera in Mushroomy Kingdom is determined by the rel file, and I can't do anything if I don't change the rel to allow normal cameras.

So, we will have a normal stage with no breaking blocks, or a fixed camera stage with breaking blocks ^^U

Anyway, there could be some ocarina code to avoid this problem O.o

The video I made:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89gnhAqsp9s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89gnhAqsp9s</a>

And a Fountain of Dreams one:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJm4qhVp7Q8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJm4qhVp7Q8</a>

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1682 on: October 27, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »

Damn that aurora borealis looks a lot like the one from Melee. I thought you would be using the one from Summit but that's what's up.

Also, the fixed camera doesn't look bad at all, having th blocks break like that is mad cool.

Keep it up buddy Wink

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1683 on: October 27, 2010, 02:55:26 PM »

My opinions (note: OPINIONS) on the both of them:

Fountain of Dreams
    -Pros
       *background is neigh on perfect
    -Cons
       *The little stick or whatever coming out of the pedestal on the fountain should not be there
          a)The reason the water of the fountain is overflowing is because the Star Rod is not in the pedestal thing. It's canon in the Kirby games, and I'm a dork.
       *On the main platform, the water doesn't seem to be overflowing down the side. It seems to be coming out of the bottom of the lip of the platform, which looks odd.

Mushroom Kingdom Melee
    -Pros
       *It looks like the real thing. It looks like you took it from Melee, and just plopped it in Brawl. It looks awesome.
       *The fact that you got the blocks to break is awesome. I am so happy.
    -Cons
       *The camera issue is problematic. Very Problematic. Would it be possible to zoom the camera in a bit more?
       *Do the blocks come back? They came back in Melee, but, due to the way they're programmed in Mushroomey Kingdom, I would like to know if they still do.

All in all, AWESOME job! I am excited to see your work come into fruition. Once you get all the background crap on FoD in, it'll look so good.

EDIT: Another thought on Mushroom Kingdom Melee: So, you say we'll have two options, one where the blocks are breakable with frozen camera, and one where they are not, but the camera moves. If the blocks aren't breakable, and it's just 3 rows of fighting separated by solid, unbreakable blocks, this isn't going to be a good stage to fight on, no offence. I don't know what you plan on doing about that.
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:32:20 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1684 on: October 27, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »

My opinions (note: OPINIONS) on the both of them:

Fountain of Dreams
    -Pros
       *background is neigh on perfect
    -Cons
       *The little stick or whatever coming out of the pedestal on the fountain should not be there
          a)The reason the water of the fountain is overflowing is because the Star Rod is not in the pedestal thing. It's canon in the Kirby games, and I'm a dork.
       *On the main platform, the water doesn't seem to be overflowing down the side. It seems to be coming out of the bottom of the lip of the platform, which looks odd.

Mushroom Kingdom Melee
    -Pros
       *It looks like the real thing. It looks like you took it from Melee, and just plopped it in Brawl. It looks awesome.
       *The fact that you got the blocks to break is awesome. I am so happy.
    -Cons
       *The camera issue is problematic. Very Problematic. Would it be possible to zoom the camera in a bit more?
       *Do the blocks come back? They came back in Melee, but, due to the way they're programmed in Mushroomey Kingdom, I would like to know if they still do.

All in all, AWESOME job! I am excited to see your work come into fruition. Once you get all the background crap on FoD in, it'll look so good.

EDIT: Another thought on Mushroom Kingdom Melee: So, you say we'll have two options, one where the blocks are breakable with frozen camera, and one where they are not, but the camera moves. If the blocks aren't breakable, and it's just 3 rows of fighting separated by solid, unbreakable blocks, this isn't going to be a good stage to fight on, no offence. I don't know what you plan on doing about that.

Ok, my comments about your opinions:

FoD:

The stick will be removed, that's something I had to vertex out when I started the stage many months ago and I've not touched it yet, but the plans are deleting it completely.

The bad overflow is just a lack of adjustment. I mean, the water falls are separated models that need to be repositioned/resized. I resized the main platform (it was bigger before) to match melee, and I did not do a good resize yet. I'm already thinking about how to do those water falls, maybe I change the models I use, I'm not sure yet. But, of course, the final thing will have the water overflowing from the top, not the middle.

Mushroom:

Zooming in is possible, that's not the problem. The problem is simply the camera not moving with the action.
    Blocks never come back. I've thinkin on a way to make them reappear, but I'm not sure if it will work. I mean, they re-spawn when they re-appear in the screen. I could move them out and then make them return, so they are there again. Still don't know if it will work, or how it will work. There could be collision issues by doing that.

About the options in the not-breakable version of mushroom, I was thinkin of:

a) No blocks, or only the ones in the sides.
    b) Blocks appear/dissapear controlled by an animation. They're sometimes there, and sometimes not.
    c) Static blocks. Hard to play. Maybe fall-through or something will make it lighter.

I will see what to do when all the elements in the stage are done ^^U

BTW, I've revamped the Soulsilver Stage. Now bubbles are a little better. I mean, they dissapear smoothly, and it looks better this way. Also, the stage works now over many other stages, like most of my latest stages.

Same to Lugia's Destination and Kyogre's Destination

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6436
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6618
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11890

Finally, another video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4SlvaE7r2Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4SlvaE7r2Y</a>
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:09:20 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1685 on: October 28, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »

Mushroom:

Zooming in is possible, that's not the problem. The problem is simply the camera not moving with the action.

I know that the zoom is not the problem, but I was just thinking that, since we have to be left with no moving camera, I think if the camera stopped RIGHT after the right and left most blocks, it would look much better. Like, if the camera was here:

Get what I'm saying? I just think it would look better aesthetically.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:10:13 AM by Oshtoby » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1686 on: October 28, 2010, 06:59:43 AM »

You could make a version where the blocks act like Super Mario World spinning blocks, and put it over Yoshi's Island (Melee). It wouldn't match, but it might be more playable than having static blocks.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1687 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:56 AM »

Hmm... Libertyernie, that's a great idea.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1688 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26:07 AM »

You could make a version where the blocks act like Super Mario World spinning blocks, and put it over Yoshi's Island (Melee). It wouldn't match, but it might be more playable than having static blocks.
    What if he made it so that the spinning animation of the block made it invisible instead. Like made it so the spinning animation made the block scale to 0%, or something. That would actually solve the camera issue as well as as the issue of the blocks not coming back when destroyed... if he could extend the period that they stay "spinning" it would make it perfect.

Any comments, Mewtwo2000?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1689 on: October 28, 2010, 09:25:25 AM »

Well, the problem would be the number of spinning blocks. I think there are not enough.

Anyway, the idea is good, and I'll take a look to the possibility when I get the chance

Stage shadows tutorial

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1690 on: October 28, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »

yoshi's only has 9 spinning blocks, each connected to a different bone. i don't think its possible to add more, though i've been wrong before.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1691 on: October 28, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »

I don't guess it's possible either, but I will test anything to be sure.

BTW, I've fixed another stage. Some time ago, back when I was between exams and I had no wii with me, I made this FD version of the legendaries stage:

None of these 2 lightings was good for it, and I uploaded it like this.

Now, this is how the stage looks with the fixed lighting:

Stage shadows tutorial

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1692 on: October 28, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »

Mewtwo why do you know everything about stages?

I have a feeling you secretely wok for Nintendo lol

Anyway, the lightning is great, keep it like that.

Also, that Giratina makes me sad, it's so small, I don't know.

I think it would look better without it there, but that's cool cause I can always remove it myself.

And another thing, is it me or are they animated cause I see Dialgia in different animations in all those pics.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #1693 on: October 28, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »

Mewtwo is one of the few who doesn't only uses what is already known, he searches for new possibilities.
    That and he is very patient, making very detailed stages, with a lot of models.

Even the best stage hackers admit Mewtwo's da bess Smiley

But if you wanna be a good stage hacker, hanging around with other stage hackers will help you gain a lot of knowledge. Then it's all up to your curiosity on experimenting and testing things, and finding the reasons for all da stuff.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

milliondollar mistake
    Extreme Kitten

Boom.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1694 on: October 29, 2010, 01:51:36 AM »

love the updated legendary stage!

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
    Name:James
    FC:0216-0855-5243

Pages:  1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: