Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1821865 times)
AangNaruto
Advanced Kitten

Just a guy that loves Smash.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1965 on: October 25, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »

Um...just so you know, I had almost no involvement with the development of Goku

Sorry, I wasn't very clear Tongue I meant that I have a lot of KJP's PSAs, a lot of your PSAs, and mariodk's goku PSA in my brawl- roster.

SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1966 on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »

Alright had a nice session of playtesting him against a bunch of CPUs and here's my feedback:

AAA combo - I actually rather like how you can move side to side with it.  It allows you to keep up the pressure with the move.  But it's also balanced because the hitboxes are small and it's not too hard to DI out of

F Tilt - SPARTA!! SPARTA!! SPARTA!!  *clears throat*  Yeah I like the Sparta Kick XD  Since it has more knockback growth than the D Tilt, it works better as a combo finisher.

U Tilt - It works pretty well here.  It's quite hard to get off, but if you do you can link to the U Air.  And, well, the U Air is 1337.

D Tilt - Awesome for building damage at low percentages, but not so at high percentages which is pretty good.  It fits the overall style of this moveset.  Easy to build damage at low percentages but very hard to build later on

Dash Attack - Don't really like this one.  Although it's cool how it ends differently, the whole idea of it being based upon Luigi's dash attack kind is kinda meh.  I know Carchar's a wacky character, but this attack just makes him look like a wuss, especially when he has moves like the Falcon Punch in comparison.  It's not even that useful at the moment either.  Since the foe can DI towards you when you do it and punish you afterwards.

F Smash - Sonic's actually works pretty well.  Nice solid and well rounded smash attack.

U Smash - This smash I found was literally useless and it looks rather odd.  Since the first attack doesn't link at all with the second unless the foe is in a very specific spot above your head, it means it's impossible to land.  Not to mention that's it's also really slow as well.  I think maybe either Wolf's U Smash would be quite cool here, or if you're intent on keeping it as a bite I could try help you out with the animation to give it more oomph.

D Smash - Very interesting.  Quite slow, and average power and it only hits one side but has an impressive reach and is very unique.  I found it was quite useful for spacing, though it's kind of overshadowed by his gunshot.

N Air - The only thing I think this needs is a larger hitbox so that it can be more useful for approaches.  Apart from that it works nicely.

F Air - THE KNEE!!  Awesome combo ender.  Although one little thing I noticed is the fact that you can land both the sweetspot and the sourspot interestingly, and as a result deal a little more damage.  It's not really a big deal though, and I wouldn't spend too much time or effort addressing it.

B Air - I feel that this is a less useful version of the U Air in a sense, and that it would work better with more knockback growth so that it would work more like a competent killing move because landing the combos with it is kind of a pain, and it's not as rewarding as the U Air.

U Air - My god this move is amazingly amazing.  Even with the ability to DI out of it more easily, it's just so good and builds up damage so fast.  There have been instances where I've been able to do 0 to death combos with just this and the knee.  A little more knockback growth I think would make it less OPed.

D Air - I quite like how he bounces up a bit on contact.  It's not too useful on the ground, but it's a nice gimping tool definitely.

Neutral B - So we have the gunshot, the spinning attack and the Falcon Punch.  All three are very useful I found.  

The main thing as regards to the spin attack would be the lack of control.  It would be nice if there was some way to control how many bounces it does.  It's somewhat irritating on occasion when he bounces too much, especially when it's off the stage.  

The Falcon Punch is a way better version of Falcon's one rather ironically.  Why?  Because you can control your positioning in the air with it.  It removes the risk of jumping up and doing it on an airborne opponent, because it has so much flexibility and is so easy to land.  Though at the same time, I don't know what to suggest for this, as removing that mobility would make it worse than Falcon's Punch.

Finally, the gun shot.  My gosh what an OPed projectile this is.  It deals more damage than a smash attack.  It's just too good of a distancing tool.  As I said before, it's like a better, faster D Smash.  I definitely think you should use a weaker super scope shot if possible.  Or change this entirely.

Side B - Basically a faster version of Fox's Side B.  I found some interesting possibilities with this if you hit it and cancelled it at the right time.  With the right specials this move can be quite diverse.

Up B - Again, three up Bs too.  The ROFLcopter, the explosion burst and the flight.

The ROFLcopter is definitely my favourite.  I really like the idea of mashing B to make it go higher, and it offers a nice sense of control and deals some surprisingly nice damage if you position it just right after landing a Side B.

The explosion burst is the weakest in terms of actual recovery.  I can understand why though, as with a powerful projectile, something else should suffer.  I don't mind the effects it has.  The stun effect is cool, but the flower seems kind of out of place.  I mean, why would an explosion plant a flower on someone's head XD?

And finally the flight.  I like how you can cancel this into the roll with B, however I find it a bit annoying how you can't move backwards or turn with it.  My suggestion would be to reduce the horizontal movement, make it last for less time but allow it to go backwards too.  Of course, you don't have to do that since it's pretty cool as it is now.

Down B - Wasn't sure what it was on the ground.  Looks like either a counter or a reflector, but I never got the chance to properly use it.  As for the air one, this is another very useful move.  Why?  Because unlike a lot of his moves, this can be cancelled even without landing it, allowing for some diverse follow-ups when used correctly.

The throws are all really cool too.  I particularly liked the U Throw and F Throw, though I think with the F Throw he should land straight down rather than fall backwards after the knee.

Final Smash - Three FSs too.  The super form, the giant mech and the meteor.

The super form was the most powerful I found.  It was just too good.  Mainly because it was so so easy to control, and you could relentlessly ram your foe into submission.  It's like Super Sonic, with lower knockback and much MUCH easier control.

The mech is really cool.  Probably my favourite simply for the crotch blaster.  Though if you're using a separate model over the Landmaster, I think it would be cool if it had an actual mech texture to go with it.  It's not necessary by any means, it would just be really cool.  

And finally the meteor.  It's a nice move definitely, but I think it could be a little more dramatic.  Maybe have the meteor be bigger and fall slower.  Have a look at the Sephiroth PSA's meteor Final Smash to better see what I mean.

Overall, I'm very much liking this.  It's great fun to play and despite a couple of too good moves, for the most part it's surprisingly balanced and has an interesting playstyle with quite a bit of depth.  And of course your creativity continues to shine through!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1967 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:08 PM »

o.o Excellent feedback.
    During the time you were testing, I increased the Knockback Gorwth and decreased the Base Knockback an the moves that have OHC. Yes, the Down-Special (Ground) is supposed to be a counter. Yes, the up-Smash is supposed to be a bite. Tongue But I made it hard to land because if the bite hits, he heals 5 damage. I will attempt to further balance the Gunshot. And I made some changes to the spin attack. If you hit a wall, ceiling, or ground, the collision terminates and a new one comes up, resulting in damage buildup. But I balanced it out by making it have good endlag. Also at a point, I made it so that you can interrupt, with an air jump, air attack, or an air special. And I will make that hitbox in the N-Air larger.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #1968 on: October 25, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »

Sounds good broski!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1969 on: October 25, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »

Sounds good broski!
    I'm working on his Dash Attack now. Would you like me to send you an update after?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #1970 on: October 25, 2011, 05:15:01 PM »

Send it to me tomorrow.  I need to slumber now XD

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1971 on: October 25, 2011, 05:18:06 PM »

Send it to me tomorrow.  I need to slumber now XD
    OK. =P

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1972 on: October 25, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »

Hey KJP, you think you can add eye yellow when Mewtwo take damage?

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1973 on: October 25, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »

Hey KJP, you think you can add eye yellow when Mewtwo take damage?
    That should be possible... Maybe, if the damage state's anywhere in PSA, I KNOW you CAN make the eyes turn yellow, an old version of the Mewtwo PSA did that... Even back when it was more like Mewcario.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

AGFanProduction
    Holy Kitten

there is a purpose in me being here.

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1974 on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

That should be possible... Maybe, if the damage state's anywhere in PSA, I KNOW you CAN make the eyes turn yellow, an old version of the Mewtwo PSA did that... Even back when it was more like Mewcario.

I can make that happen, I have done it already in the New Mewtwo:

xD

*Permission to use Mewtwo PSA hack is granted, only if I'm collaborated in the Brawl Vault Download, otherwise, no permission is given and if is already used, remove download from vault, unless you collaborate me*

AG's PSA/Animation Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36777.0
    KC-MM Project Mewtwo: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=55338.0
    The *M* Texture thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9737.0
    Godzilla Unleashed Model Importing Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64587.0

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1975 on: October 25, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »

Hm... Interesting, I think some of Mewtwo's other moves would benefit from this.

Like side B, since KJP's version is much more powerful, by slamming the foe on the ground... Also down throw would look good with those yellow eyes, since he uses his power to shock the foe, then slam them on the ground.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

AGFanProduction
    Holy Kitten

there is a purpose in me being here.

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1976 on: October 26, 2011, 01:04:49 AM »

The yellow eyes (depending of the texture) can be attached to any animation at any frame its something like a hitbox in PSA, but you must be careful in which place do you put the code ... Hm. Maybe if KJP wants I can help him with his PSA with the code? Since the Mewtwo PSA he is working on looks really cool.

KJP would you like me to help you with the eye stuff thing?

*Permission to use Mewtwo PSA hack is granted, only if I'm collaborated in the Brawl Vault Download, otherwise, no permission is given and if is already used, remove download from vault, unless you collaborate me*

AG's PSA/Animation Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36777.0
    KC-MM Project Mewtwo: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=55338.0
    The *M* Texture thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9737.0
    Godzilla Unleashed Model Importing Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64587.0

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1977 on: October 26, 2011, 05:21:43 AM »

The yellow eyes (depending of the texture) can be attached to any animation at any frame its something like a hitbox in PSA, but you must be careful in which place do you put the code ... Hm. Maybe if KJP wants I can help him with his PSA with the code? Since the Mewtwo PSA he is working on looks really cool.

KJP would you like me to help you with the eye stuff thing?
    If you like to.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1978 on: October 26, 2011, 05:32:10 AM »

That was like watching an ass whooping by Pheonix in MvC3.
    oh your mewtwo psa is turning out nice Grin. makes me want to completely revamp my version lol

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1979 on: October 26, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

I want a video fo the three final smashes.

Nao~![/smooth, action hero voice.]

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: