Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1791689 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7140 on: June 11, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »

SDo0m's taken on half-assing hacks. Last hack that got a "full release" was Shadow. XD

Im srs here "Half assing"?  Are you [censored]ing kidding?

And the last full one was Kid Buu.  SFX is a minor detail.  It has everything but SFX.
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:44:36 PM by SDo0m InFiNiTy » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7141 on: June 11, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »

Im srs here "Half assing"?  Are you [censored]ing kidding?
    I'll rephrase that before you misunderstand.

What I mean is, your latest "full released" hack was Shadow. Spiderman, and Bomberman (Which are the 2 PSAs you've made after Shadow) are both pending stuffs like Victory Animations/Throws, which were stuffs you planned on giving them for their "final release" but instead moved onto other projects.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7142 on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:30 PM »

I'll rephrase that before you misunderstand.

What I mean is, your latest "full released" hack was Shadow. Spiderman, and Bomberman (Which are the 2 PSAs you've made after Shadow) are both pending stuffs like Victory Animations/Throws, which were stuffs you planned on giving them for their "final release" but instead moved onto other projects.
    Well Bomberman could use a bunch of revisions... it's great overall but definitely needs something.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7143 on: June 11, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »

Well Bomberman could use a bunch of revisions... it's great overall but definitely needs something.
    Bomberman is just lacking throws/some taunts and victory animations, as well as fixing that glitch of the Extra Up B if you grab a ledge (Making the amount of uses go from 3 to 4) and the walking-on-air with the bomb stuff.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7144 on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »

Bomberman is just lacking throws/some taunts and victory animations, as well as fixing that glitch of the Extra Up B if you grab a ledge (Making the amount of uses go from 3 to 4) and the walking-on-air with the bomb stuff.
    His only B-Move that does damage is his bomb, and it always gets thrown in the same motion. Although the charging/types of bomb offers variety, there isn't much diversity to his moveset as a whole. Side-B should do some kind of knockback and even minimal damage, the rocket in Up-B/Side-B should do damage if it makes contact, Kicked bombs need to ride the ground, I'd personally lengthen the distance the rocket can go and shorten the uses (it moves way too short and is actually very tiring to use as a recovery move)

And of couse I'd add a Final Smash.
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:54:25 PM by Riddler » Logged

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #7145 on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »

Don't say half asses though, There are many many brawl modders who deserve this description but Sdoom is certainly not one of them. He is definitely a full-asser.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7146 on: June 11, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »

I wouldn't call it half-assed. I'd say incomplete. Bomberman is "Beta", afterall.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #7147 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »

His only B-Move that does damage is his bomb, and it always gets thrown in the same motion. Although the charging/types of bomb offers variety, there isn&#039;t much diversity to his moveset as a whole. Side-B should do some kind of knockback and even minimal damage, the rocket in Up-B/Side-B should do damage if it makes contact, Kicked bombs need to ride the ground, I&#039;d personally lengthen the distance the rocket can go and shorten the uses (it moves way too short and is actually very tiring to use as a recovery move)

And of couse I&#039;d add a Final Smash.

Indeed Bomberman needs some work.  I don't know why I kinda stopped him.  Might have been the lack of downloads comparative to my other mods.  Poor work ethic and mentality I know, but I kinda lost some drive with him which is rather sad.  That and I've been having too much fun animating Deadpool.

You see, what generally happens is that I have loads of fun animating the character, and once it gets to the PSA part I find it extremely laborious and tedious generally because so many errors occur and it's a nuisance to fix them.  Every single PSA I've made has had some kind of annoying development issue during the PSA stage.  

I remember making a list of changes I had planned for Bomberman.  I'll dig through the pages and try to find it.

EDIT: Here it is:

-> FS, Victory, taunts etc
    -> Change up a couple of the throws (they're literally just Luigi's throws atm)
    -> Increase the speed of grounded Side B
    -> Make a bomb turning animation (though it can't be mapped to backwards since that clashes
    -> Allow for charged bombs to be thrown up and dropped
    -> Put a wind hitbox on the ground Up B and a small fire hitbox on the jetpack of the Up B and air Side B
    -> Fix that air walking glitch

And then there's stuff like taunts, victory poses, Final Smash.  All that's obvious though.
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:10:53 PM by SDo0m InFiNiTy » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7148 on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »

Don't say half asses though, There are many many brawl modders who deserve this description but Sdoom is certainly not one of them. He is definitely a full-asser.
    I wouldn't call it half-assed. I'd say incomplete. Bomberman is "Beta", afterall.
    I'm not totally sure what the term exactly meant. Didn't think it was insulting. Anyways, I never said he claimed they were completed, I just said SDo0m releases a Beta, and then loses interest in following the PSA work, as he seems to hate that side of hacking now, and focuses on animations, noted on all of these unPSA'ed hacks unreleased like Cloud and Vegeta.

Indeed Bomberman needs some work.  I don&#039;t know why I kinda stopped him.  Might have been the lack of downloads comparative to my other mods.  Poor work ethic and mentality I know, but I kinda lost some drive with him which is rather sad.  That and I&#039;ve been having too much fun animating Deadpool.

You see, what generally happens is that I have loads of fun animating the character, and once it gets to the PSA part I find it extremely laborious and tedious generally because so many errors occur and it&#039;s a nuisance to fix them.  Every single PSA I&#039;ve made has had some kind of annoying development issue during the PSA stage. 

I remember making a list of changes I had planned for Bomberman.  I&#039;ll dig through the pages and try to find it.
    Just what I thought. ._.

-> Make a bomb turning animation (though it can't be mapped to backwards since that clashes
    -> Put a wind hitbox on the ground Up B and a small fire hitbox on the jetpack of the Up B and air Side B

And then there's stuff like taunts, victory poses, Final Smash.  All that's obvious though.
    But you shouldn't let DLs stop you from finishing Bomberman. Most DLs come from unregistered Vault lurkers that are only hogging on Shadow Hacks. This is a PSA you should finish, the PSA is really solid, and I would consider it as one of your Top 3 PSAs.

And of couse I'd add a Final Smash.
    Ugh... Is it just me, or are these really the most worthless things to PSA, and normally, the most annoying things to PSA, as well?
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:28:28 PM by Albafika » Logged

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7149 on: June 11, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

Half-assing pretty much means you just made something either sloppy or just slapped some things on and submit and call it a hack.

Just call it incomplete.
    SDo0m definitely has quality in his work and I appreciate that as I do many people do.

----------------

Btw, I am 80% done with that X-men Deadpool recolor. It has taken me all day, so I hope it doesn't go to waste. I'd say it's not bad. But I can't really judge it; others or you must, SDo0m.
    I should be done by 8:00 PM EST?
    Which is 5 hrs. behind you, SDo0m, from the UK.

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7150 on: June 11, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »

Half-assing pretty much means you just made something either sloppy or just slapped some things on and submit and call it a hack.

Just call it incomplete.
    SDo0m definitely has quality in his work and I appreciate that as I do many people do.

----------------

Btw, I am 80% done with that X-men Deadpool recolor. It has taken me all day, so I hope it doesn't go to waste. I'd say it's not bad. But I can't really judge it; others or you must, SDo0m.
    I should be done by 8:00 PM EST?
    Which is 5 hrs. behind you, SDo0m, from the UK.
    All day? o.o Why?
    If it's approval you'd like, send it over lol.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7151 on: June 11, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »

I'm not totally sure what the term exactly meant. Didn't think it was insulting. Anyways, I never said he claimed they were completed, I just said SDo0m releases a Beta, and then loses interest in following the PSA work, as he seems to hate that side of hacking now, and focuses on animations, noted on all of these unPSA'ed hacks unreleased like Cloud and Vegeta.
    Just what I thought. ._.
    But you shouldn't let DLs stop you from finishing Bomberman. Most DLs come from unregistered Vault lurkers that are only hogging on Shadow Hacks. This is a PSA you should finish, the PSA is really solid, and I would consider it as one of your Top 3 PSAs.
    Ugh... Is it just me, or are these really the most worthless things to PSA, and normally, the most annoying things to PSA, as well?
    It's Brawl. Neglecting the Final Smash is neglecting the spirit of the game.

Post Merge: June 11, 2012, 04:18:58 PM
    Indeed Bomberman needs some work.  I don't know why I kinda stopped him.  Might have been the lack of downloads comparative to my other mods.  Poor work ethic and mentality I know, but I kinda lost some drive with him which is rather sad.  That and I've been having too much fun animating Deadpool.

You see, what generally happens is that I have loads of fun animating the character, and once it gets to the PSA part I find it extremely laborious and tedious generally because so many errors occur and it's a nuisance to fix them.  Every single PSA I've made has had some kind of annoying development issue during the PSA stage.  

I remember making a list of changes I had planned for Bomberman.  I'll dig through the pages and try to find it.

Don't let DLs stop you. Plenty of users absolutely love your stuff, and I'm pretty sure if people see the word "Beta" it turns them off of downloading. Finish it, you'll get downloads. Even if it's less than more popular characters, you'll have those of us who absolutely appreciate it and a character that I'm sure you're proud of.

One other thing I noticed while playing was the Bombs vanish after charging for too long, but if you move they come back permanently. And I'm not sure if you realized but on some stages, when you kick the bomb, if the ground isn't flat, it goes right through the ground. It needs to ride the ground.

Maybe with the bomb throw, you can use a similar-to-Yoshi aim method. That would increase his versatility, instead of just kick-forward, throw-forward, drop, throw-up.

I'd also put small hitboxes on the tip of the rocket/Bomberman's fists when using the rocket. And like I said before, extend the distance the rocket goes and shorten the uses. I'm being serious when I say my thumbs and joints literally hurt trying to recover as him. ;_;

You should really work on him some more when you're done with Deadpool Smiley
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:18:59 PM by Riddler » Logged

The Main Event
    Supreme Kitten

I will go out there and give a show like no other.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7152 on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »

Do not let DL's stop you at all. There's a reason I refuse to release a Sonic hack, I feel the smallest edit I make would get me 600 DLs atleast  Roll Eyes Not saying its a bad thing, but having anything Sonic related in my vault would make me ehhhhh
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:23:28 PM by ShunGokuSatsu » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7153 on: June 11, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »

LOL The Spirit of Brawl. So funny. If that was the spirit of Brawl, then Brawl would be broken. Oh wait...

In a less trollish tone, most users don't use Final Smashes in general since the default ones are ridiculously unbalanced, and the Pity system doesn't change it's conditions when the rules do. Also the Smash Ball is flawed. Rather have a super meter or an EX meter like Dissidia.

Also Sdoom, don't let the DLs discourage you. My Gray Fox PSA was on the vault for a long time before it got a high number of DLs, second only to Ichigo in the MK section, though it was because I had bugs to fix that I couldn't do so at the time.

I'd recommend doing sporadic updates working on one character update at a time like I do.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #7154 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »

It's Brawl. Neglecting the Final Smash is neglecting the spirit of the game.

Don't let DLs stop you. Plenty of users absolutely love your stuff, and I'm pretty sure if people see the word "Beta" it turns them off of downloading. Finish it, you'll get downloads. Even if it's less than more popular characters, you'll have those of us who absolutely appreciate it and a character that I'm sure you're proud of.

Haha yeah I know.  As I was saying, it's a bad mentality and one I know I shouldn't have.  I can at least say I had fun making him whilst I was making him Smiley.

One other thing I noticed while playing was the Bombs vanish after charging for too long, but if you move they come back permanently. And I'm not sure if you realized but on some stages, when you kick the bomb, if the ground isn't flat, it goes right through the ground. It needs to ride the ground.

Maybe with the bomb throw, you can use a similar-to-Yoshi aim method. That would increase his versatility, instead of just kick-forward, throw-forward, drop, throw-up.

The bombs disappearing is a glitch that was much more prominent during the development process, and was by far the most annoying to fix.  It kept cropping up no matter how I coded it and my coding as a result is now really messy and unorthodox.  At it's current state, it's probably the best I'll be able to get it.  

As for those bomb things, none of them are possible because the bombs are not articles.  They're just graphics attached to bones.  If they were proper articles with their own floats and were able to react properly to slopes and stuff it would be insanely awesome.  Trust me, if I could I probably would've done all the things you said Wink  Luigi's only editable article is his Fireball, and there's very little I can do with that so I just stuck with the bombs.  

I'd also put small hitboxes on the tip of the rocket/Bomberman's fists when using the rocket. And like I said before, extend the distance the rocket goes and shorten the uses. I'm being serious when I say my thumbs and joints literally hurt trying to recover as him. ;_;

The distance and function is almost identical to Project M ROB's Side and Up B and literally nobody else has had that cramp issue Tongue  However, what I would maybe like to do with those moves is make them aerial attack cancellable part way through and give a little boost of power to the aerials like Project M ROB (when you cancel Side B with an aerial, the aerial deals 2% more damage).  

Pages:  1 ... 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: