Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1796911 times)
SmashClash
This is my title.
Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2595 on: May 05, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »

This weekend someone remind me to export Do0m Joe!(If you want him)

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2596 on: May 05, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »

Travis Touchdown or Zero. Make them happen. Beyond I'm sure would get motivation to revamp his now subpar by his current standards vertex of Travis. And The popular Zero PSA is pretty bad imo. Its link, but you have more mobility at the cost of having to use 2 moves to use your boomerang, and your shild requires a move to be there. Seriously?

I do want to note, however, that if you are planning to have recovery moves cancel into other recovery moves on any PSAs, they generally will feel broken I think. Example: Ike can either go far left, or far up, but they are pretty good and balanced. However if he could go far left, then straight up, that would seem pretty damn broken to me. Something doesnt always have to be done to boost a mildly subpar recovery. C. Falcon may not have great range on his up b, but i still find it perfectly acceptable.

Also your planned Zero Down B seems like it would be fairly broken. Take meteorain for example: sure it left him vulnerable to the back, but if you are in a 1v1 battle and on that side, you are essentially left to be hurt with no means of approach unless you have a good projectile. I'm sure there will be arguments for whether it seems broken or not, but if there is a doubt why not just be safe and go for something else?

Anyway I have faith in you after Viewtiful that these will be balanced, just felt I should put some of my own notes. I am totally psyched for these 2. If you do I will give you... uhh... name something. I really need these.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2597 on: May 05, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »

The popular Zero PSA isn't bad, it's DATED. There's a difference.

It hasn't been updated since Brawl+ was and it was before animation mods became commonplace, hence why most of his animations are Link's.

A lot of effort was put in to it back in the day and was one of the most popular PSAs in that time frame, mainly because it balanced in line with the roster at about D tier by today's tier list standards.

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2598 on: May 05, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »

meep
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:55:16 PM by Omega-Zack Fair » Logged

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2599 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »

Yep, Zero was the first PSA I used, it was and still is my main. (besides Luigi of course)

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2600 on: May 05, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »

@Enigmatic
    You have to be the only one on this site who thinks that Zero is bad.  Zero isn't bad at all.  As EternalYoshi said, it's merely dated due to the lack of custom animations etc.  The amount of advanced PSA work that went into that is a lot more than quite a few of you may understand or even comprehend.  To this day I still use that PSA as reference to learn new techniques.

And as Omega said, it's very balanced (albeit a tad underpowered imo) and it feels absolutely nothing like Link in how he plays at all.  His approach is completely different.  I personally design characters that would slot into around B or A tier because I want to make them good and easily accessible whilst at the same time giving them a bit of a learning curve to properly get used to all their techniques and how to properly apply them.

Oh and Ike's recovery isn't balanced at all.  It's terrible, painfully predictable and really easy to gimp and one of the main things that hinders him (heck they had to even make it better in Balanced Brawl by removing the helpless state from the Side B).  For characters like Zero, he needs something like that because his Up B's recovery height will be rather meh (a bit like the height of Mario's Up B but probably less) which is completely balanced considering there are a good handful of vBrawl characters with amazing recovery (Sonic, Pit, Snake, Metaknight, Kirby, Jiggly, Dedede and Pikachu).

And think of Zero's Rekkoha like this:  Take Pikachu's Down B,  making coming out at about 1/3 of the speed, remove its kill potential, increase its horizontal range but move it infront of Zero and slightly increase the damage.  Considering how slow and predictable the move will be, getting out on a competent player will be almost impossible.  And about Meteorain, it's also predictable.  CPUs are dumb as bricks against the move, but any other player would be more than capable of shielding through it or just try and run up to Cloud as he's doing the charge to exploit that second where he's completely open.

But as I said before, Travis is next after I revamp Shadow and do my Super Burst Sonic (ps. Super Burst Sonic is designed to be rather like Hyper Shadow in his level of power).  Zero won't be for a while, especially because of exams.  Next week for pretty much everyday I'm practicing for Drama.
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:27:05 PM by SDo0m BuShIn » Logged

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2601 on: May 06, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »

i almost forgot to port Hyper Shadow Cheesy over Dk. orso then you is done with V2 of Shadow i just port both

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2602 on: May 06, 2011, 12:33:45 PM »

Bibidi Babidi Buu! Me and my friend laughed at that years ago XD

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2603 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:25 PM »

I'm going to have to join the Zero bandwagon and say that that was my first psa hack that I ever used, and I still love it. Though it's quite underpowered, it is very balanced and has a unique play style. I'm learning how to psa and using this as a reference for learning different functions, in fact, due to all of the complex work done in this. It's age is starting to show for sure, but it still holds up well to other psa hacks.

On another note, good luck with drama and exams and everything else you have to do. Hope it all goes well since it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

Also, posting on an iPad is very very tough...  Tongue
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:37:16 PM by IWasAPerson » Logged

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2604 on: May 06, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »

meep
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:54:45 PM by Omega-Zack Fair » Logged

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #2605 on: May 06, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »

i almost forgot to port Hyper Shadow Cheesy over Dk. orso then you is done with V2 of Shadow i just port both
    Could you please port ZSS over to someone such as Ike or Marth?
    Not the moveset of course
    Just the model/texture.
    Also, please make sure you use NSTCU files and that it will work with Black Boo's Din texture/model ^+^

As to why for that last requirement, it's a secret Tongue

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2606 on: May 06, 2011, 09:16:01 PM »

Nothing more...
    Irrelevant to the thread XD

On a relevant note, SDo0m, have you found out why Burst Sonic's Up B freezes for some people including myself? I really like using him but not being able to recover kind of sucks..

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #2607 on: May 06, 2011, 11:53:02 PM »

Are you using PAL? If so, just get me a PAL FitSonic and I'll see what I can do.
    If not, I don't know why it would be freezing.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:54:47 PM by MANSTA8 » Logged

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2608 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:16 AM »

SDoom, you're free to use any moves from Omega if you want.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2609 on: May 07, 2011, 12:57:01 AM »

@Omega

Better idea.......No.  I couldn't give a flying f*** about Zack Fair.  Infact you wanna know the truth?  I've never even played any game in the FF series or watched Advent Children.  I haven't played Kingdom Hearts either.  Main reason I did Cloud was because as a PSA I saw a lot of potential for him to kick ass as a PSA AND the previous attempts (especially haloedhero's) came so very close.  So I made my revamp.  Later haloedhero as revamped his and it came out amazing (try it if you haven't already, it kicks ass).

@IWasAPerson

Cheers dude ^^ Drama's gonna be the only exam that I can actually enjoy (because I don't have to write anything, only perform).  That and our play has this "little perk" that I don't particularly feel like sharing at the moment ;P

@Naru

You know, there are these great things called PMs.  Rather than going off topic here, you coulda just sent him a PM as regards to your request.

@xZedkiel

Nope, sorry still haven't found the problem.  Although if there was a problem it would probably be due to the Spring itself. I didn't edit what goes on in the Up B, but I did edit the Spring.  Though this still doesn't explain why it's freezing for some and not for others.

Also, have you tried it with the costume recommended inthe description of the hack (i.e. The SOAP shoes Sonic)?

@Hollow

Thanks for the offer bro ^^. I may not need it though since I'm doing a lot of it from scratch Smiley

Pages:  1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: