Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 161
Author Topic: TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP  (Read 602598 times)
Archer(AkenoS3)
Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1695 on: June 06, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »

Okay, prepare yourselves, testers. Tonight, I send you the build before heading to the U.S. for the weekend. Smiley

I've included a nice readme with a change log and other things.

All that's left is to fix the Aerial Up B (I'm having trouble making the hitbox on this one, I might have to make it in BB 0.67 and put it in my PAC), and finish ONE footstool animation and then he'll be ready for you.

I'm proud of my work on this one, unlike the last version. I just you guys like him too. Smiley
    Alright!! This sounds beast! Send it to this account and not the other one I have, please. I'm using this one more often these days...

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1696 on: June 06, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »

Okay, prepare yourselves, testers. Tonight, I send you the build before heading to the U.S. for the weekend. Smiley

I've included a nice readme with a change log and other things.

All that's left is to fix the Aerial Up B (I'm having trouble making the hitbox on this one, I might have to make it in BB 0.67 and put it in my PAC), and finish ONE footstool animation and then he'll be ready for you.

I'm proud of my work on this one, unlike the last version. I just you guys like him too. Smiley
    Yay! And since you made it, it will most definitely be awesome.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1697 on: June 06, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »

Aw, shucks, you guys. <3

Well, I found one more glitch I have to fix. If I have to, I'll postpone sending it for an hour or 2.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1698 on: June 06, 2014, 05:10:43 PM »

Yay! Can't wait!

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1699 on: June 06, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »

Aw, shucks, you guys. <3

Well, I found one more glitch I have to fix. If I have to, I'll postpone sending it for an hour or 2.

I don't know what time zone you live in, but I'm on the edge of my seat for this.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1700 on: June 06, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »

Very soon. Just gotta iron out a few things, and I'll send!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1701 on: June 06, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »

My review on Tabuu.

Before I begin I need to make a clarification. After playing with Tabuu and seeing what was being done with the attacks, particularly the Aerial Down B, I get the impression that this iteration is aiming to be a more balanced and competitive friendly PSA as opposed to a final boss PSA. The previous Tabuu was tough to beat, what with it's excellent dodge roll, aerial down special, and aerial side B with it's lingering hit box and massive knock-back.

This change makes me less inclined to compare it to the older version, as I feel it's reliance on dodging and OP moves is diminishing, and thus it's play style will change.

Here are my honest thoughts:

Animations: You know I'm a fan of your older one, and I loved the animations you did in the special test I was given a week or so ago, so as far as animations go: they're great Smiley From the epic "come" wait animation, and the fire hand, to the laser charging and the crouching, this character definitely has the physical mannerisms of what you'd associate with... will a warrior type. And older sword and shield kind of fighter. The mannerisms contrast with the other characters and give him a sense of place and age. He feels old, but doesn't play old. It's clear whatever power he's obtained during his life has only become more tuned. He's not brooding like Bowser, or sends a sense physical dominance like Ganon, he gives off a "I am superior, and you're in no position to question it" vibe. And a like it.

Attacks:

The smashes are great. The side Smash feels faster and more dependable. The down Smash feels and looks vicious, like a sudden schizophrenic shift within him, or a sign of barbaric and blood thirsty rage comes out before he regains his daunting composure and looms there. The front smash feels fair for it's hit-box. It's okay for moves to be depended on, and I feel like it's dependable without being too over the top. I mean every character has dependable moves, so having it at this speed with it's damage and knock-back feels fine. I mean look at Wolf's side smash. It is more than dependable, and it goes far. Projectiles are dependable because they have the capacity to settle in damage, without exposing the character for an attack. I like the attack. As for the down smash; during play while it looked fantastic, I found it difficult to use effectively. This may be because of the opponents I was fighting though. The hits lands, but the issue is that the characters easily fell out unless I got VERY close, so close in fact that most opponents would have already executed an attack. This MAY have just been who I was fighting, but I didn't find it dependable because I couldn't cancel it (I didn't try to shield cancel though...). I understand that moves that are good need to have limited functionality to avoid a dominant strategy with the players, but it needs to have more dependability to give itself a niche. Having said all of this, in it's current state, it MIGHT be fine. Again, it could've just been one of those moves that doesn't mesh well with what I was fighting. So, unless you get consistent reports, I wouldn't worry about it. Over all, very nice. I'd like to practice the effectiveness of the down smash when the rest of the attacks are done.

Air specials:

I told you before that I loved the Side B. I think it was a bit stronger before, and to be honest I thought that was fine. You see, Tabuu is big, and with his body stretched out as he thrusts his sword at the slow pace he does, the move isn't that difficult to dodge. A forward roll underneath him and you've hit him. Or, if he's two high, then I understand why it wouldn't leave him exposed... overall I feel it loses it's ground potential, abut balances it's aerial potential... so given the direction it seems you're going I'm going to say it's good. I'm gonna miss the toughness of the previous version, but I think this change over all balances him out more. The Down B is actually a very good attack. That being said, it's a huge step from boss potential to balanced character potential in that it loses it's range. But then again... it needs it's limits either way. If you're going for balanced, then keep it. If you wanted to make it tougher, then buff it's later charges. It's advantages are that it allows Tabuu to float in place, the range is good, and it cannot be reflected. The previous version couldn't be blocked. I didn't test for that. If you made it unblock-able, I advise that you make it block-able but not send Tabuu into exposed free fall. This way, he can use the attack, and if it fails, he can follow it up with something else. This gives him more aerial potential. Or, make it unblock-able but give him the exposed free fall. Overall though I found the changes to feel right at home in that they're fair.

Oh and the up Special looks and feels good. It's got a line of defense, but is ultimately a recovery, which is perfect for this type of fighter.

Ground specials:

Neutral Special is amazing. It feels much more reasonable, the amount it stalls the opponent is perfect, and releasing it for the finishing fire ball feels and looks great. Keep it Smiley It's a good attack that rewards a proper execution. It does everything right. The side special is also good. Last time I mentioned that the default small size was a bit underwhelming. I don't know if you fixed it, but it didn't give me that feeling this time. Attacks, even the uncharged ones, should still appear threatening. They're attacks for a reason. And it seems like this one seems fine, at least when it was used against the opponent I fought. The final charged version's slowness justifies it's non-reflectable status. It's up Special was the only issue I had. The hitbox is small. It felt very much like Marth's attack, but without the hitbox following upward. Marth's Up special wouldn't be effective if it only hit at the bottom, unless the hitbox was wider. The attack leaves Tabuu exposed too, so it's not like it's perfect attack. This is probably my biggest issue. I say, raise the hitbox, but the more you raise it the less damage or knockback it needs. But give it enough so that it doesn't leave him exposed. IF it doesn't put him in free-fall however, and he has some downward aerials, then you COULD keep it the way it is, SO LONG AS it opens up the door for another attack. Attack leads can be effective, so long as they do just that. If it puts him in exposed free-fall, then either take that away to allow for aerial poetintial, or keep it and make the teleport attack stronger.

Overall what is present is very progressive. He's gonna be solid when he's done, that much is apparent, a definite step in the right direction. But for your final release I ask that you make a slightly stronger version along with the one you've got here so that that way those of us who want  a though final boss can have it, and those that want another fair competitive fighter can also have it.

Oh, and the landing animation needs a change.

My opinions MAY change when more attacks are done, as I'll be able to see how certain attacks lead into others, or how some attacks are useful in situations and no others.

Overall, I like it. I'm excited to continue reviewing it.  Happy Face

Post Merge: June 06, 2014, 08:35:22 PM
    Oh, and the grabs were fine. Looked a bit more polished. No issue with them.
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:50:06 PM by KingOfChaos » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1702 on: June 06, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »

I'm giving feedback on every move except the following (since I see they're not done).
    -Jab.
    -Dash Attack.
    -Up Tilt.
    -Down Tilt.
    -Forward Air.
    -Back Air.
    -Up Air.
    -Down Air.
    -Forward Throw.
    -Up Throw.
    -Ground Down Special.

PSA Work:
    Character Size: He/It too big. He can't be grabbed, since he's so big.

Side Tilt. I can't judge, because the hitboxes don't seem to be done yet.

Side Smash. Kills Mario at about 150%. My suggestion would be to make the attack weaker in terms of damage, but increase the knockback since this move is quite quick for a Smash Attack. Also, shouldn't it be Electric, and not Fire? But after reading the ReadMe, the hit should be electric, and the explosion should be a weak fire hit (like 7 damage).

Down Smash: Kills Mario at around 144%. 24 total damage to too high for a Smash Attack with so little startup. 15 - 18 damage total seems a bit more reasonable, but still rather high for such a quick attack.

Neutral Air: Too quick, but the damage is reasonable. Kills Mario at around 120%. Increase the startup and endlag, slightly increase the damage, and slightly decrease the knockback.

Down Throw: This needs to have a hit before sending the victim off. This move also needs more knockback and slightly more damage.

Back Throw: The knockback and damage could be increased by a bit, but more so the damage.

Ground Neutral Special: If a medium character is close enough, they won't get hit by the bullets. Also, the bullet hitboxes should do 1 damage and refresh at a faster rate. The ending fireball explosion needs more knockback and could send foes at a 45 degree angle. I could see this as a true projectile if you were to port him over someone else.

Air Neutral Special: It's too slow, too hard to hit with, and the reward for doing so is quite low. Decrease the startup and endlag, increase the damage, and decrease the knockback (it can kill Mario at less than 100%).

Ground Side Special: This needs to be a true projectile. I highly suggest porting Tabbu over Link. That way, you'll have two projectiles and a tether (you can use his whip as a tether). But currently, it's way too weak in terms of damage. I would say 5 for uncharged and 12 for fully charged, then have it weaken on the way back. Also, I think it has too much GFX.

Air Side Special: The startup should be reduced and the damage should be increased with a sex kick effect (weakens over the duration of the Animation).

Ground Up Special: The startup needs to be quicker. It's quite hard to hit with as well. And it also should be able to angle forward and backward.

Air Up Special: Too weak for such a long startup. Increase the damage to about 12 with a sex kick effect. And give him Damage-Based Heavy Armor for the startup.

Air Down Special: I say he should slowly fall when using this move, then have him stop when firing (the same goes for Air Neutral Special as well). Also, 5 damage for that long of a startup is too weak. Increase it to like 7 up close, and have it be 5 for further out. The damage should also scale. 7 damage with no charge, and like 17 damage with full charge.

Final Smash: The camera zooms in way too much. The hitboxes also have a bit too much range. I feel the hitboxes should get bigger at the wave goes, then terminate 2-3 Frames before the next wave.

Animation Work:
    First 2 Idles: No complaints.

Third Idle: Compare it it Fox's Down Taunt or Captain Falcon's Side Taunt. Make it a bit more dynamic.

Turn: Very basic. Have his head and torso turn with him.

Walks: They need to have some fluid movement. Their current movements seem rather jagged.

Dash: It should transition into the Run pose more quickly.

Run: It seems fine. But the texture animation seems to be unfinished. A suggestion would be to have his elbows more straightened.

RunBrake: He/It should hold the pose for a bit longer.

TurnRun: You forgot to set the horizonal XRotN to be the opposite (Ex: 0.25 would become -0.25), because he just snaps back into his Run at the end of the animation.

Jumping: Needs polish, especially the Air Jumps.

Falling: Way too jagged, especially the Special Fall.

LandingLight: No complaints.

LandingHeavy: Needs more landing recoil.

LandingSpecial: Needs movement.

Crouching: Imagine yourself crouching up and down like that. Preform the action yourself, then try to recreate the movements you made.

Shielding: It should be like his Idle, except more balled up.

Dodging: No complaints.

Side Tilt: Needs more start-up. Have him hold his arm back, then swing, then hold his arm in recoil, then transition.

Side Smash Start: No complaints.

Side Smash Charge: Make it 60 Frames, since all Smash Attacks have 60 Frames for their Charging animations. I would also have him not split until the actual attack part.

Side Smash: I like how you can angle it, but have him recoil from the shot.

Down Smash Start: No complaints.

Down Smash Charge: Make it 60 Frames.

Down Smash: It ends too quickly.

Neutral Air: It starts rather quickly and ends abruptly. Make the energy release as a burst, rather than a sudden impulse.

Neutral Air Landing: Needs more recoil.

Back Throw: Needs more oomph into the whip throw. Preform the action yourself with a whip-like object. Notice how it moves.

Down Throw: This move needs to be longer. Have him rise up slowly, then fall quickly, have him recoil, then transition back into Idle.

Up Taunt: It seems to be a bit too quick.

Ground Neutral Special: The looping Animation needs bodily movement, otherwise, everything looks fine.

Ground Side Special: Seems fine overall, but the right arm when throwing seems to twist a bit too much.

Air Neutral Special: So much buildup to a disappointing ending (his legs should bend more for the startup). The energy burst needs more oomph. And his arms could possibly fly out to his sides.

Air Side Special: It ends too quickly.

Ground Up Special: It ends too quickly.

Air Up Special: The Jump is too quick and the move ends too quickly. I also feel his arms should be back, not forward.

Air Down Special: No complaints, since you said it's exactly the same Animation as the SSE Boss.

Final Smash: No complaints, since it's the same as the SSE Boss.

Overall, there is still much to be done. But with the way things are going right now, I might consider having Tabuu on my roster once everything is finalized and polished.

As for your Sword Trail issue, use either of the following as the Sword Trail Hue/Color (since your current Hue is 1, which is TexLinkSwordTrace, which explains it not working).
    3B (Hex) 59 (Dec) :eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo01
    3C (Hex) 60 (Dec) :eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo02
    3D (Hex) 61 (Dec) :eff_enem_MI_taboo_zanzo03
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:39:10 AM by KingOfChaos » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1703 on: June 07, 2014, 05:58:33 AM »

Gonna test him tonight...
    Though...
    The previous Tabuu was tough to beat
    I didn't read your whole post, but I don't agree with this quote. Previous Tabuu was more a punching bag than anything... he was really huge and couldn't handle a Fox combo. He was too easy to KO (I used it in 2 BrawlEx packs).
    Sorry if it sounded rude, I didn't mean to offense you in any way.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:00:09 AM by AkenoS3 » Logged

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1704 on: June 07, 2014, 07:19:50 AM »

Gonna test him tonight...
    Though...I didn't read your whole post, but I don't agree with this quote. Previous Tabuu was more a punching bag than anything... he was really huge and couldn't handle a Fox combo. He was too easy to KO (I used it in 2 BrawlEx packs).
    Sorry if it sounded rude, I didn't mean to offense you in any way.

You don't have to agree. I personally don't have. Tough time beaing him, but people can't beat me when I use him. The side dodge is so fast that I can clear a way in almos every circumstance, and his unblockable aerial laser covers the map, is unblockable, and has fantastic knockback. I found it easy to use. People had to jump in order to dodge it, and if ou found the sweet spot  then for some characters they couldn't even jump to avoid it. Not to me tio. He aerial side B, and that lingering hitbox. I'd light hop and use that towards an edge while an opponent is trying to recover and there's virtuallt nothing they can do because the sword exits the arena keping Tabuu's body safe and sound and it blocks the edge.

Maybe he wasn't tough so to speak, but he was easy to exploit. His down tilt had more range than any of character's attack, which meant they'd have to advance from the air since the move was pretty fast and had a lingering hitbox. But if they do that then you teleport upwards and BBQ them. He was build pretty... Cheaply if you knew how to use him.

But the mJority of his moves were unusable. Down tilt for an attack, dodge roll and juke away, use laser to send off at sweetspot, then gaurd edge with hop-air side B. rinse and repeat. He's a [censored] if you use him right. But admittly i use him against my friends... So magbe they're just not that good...

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1705 on: June 07, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »

You don't have to agree. I personally don't have. Tough time beaing him, but people can't beat me when I use him. The side dodge is so fast that I can clear a way in almos every circumstance, and his unblockable aerial laser covers the map, is unblockable, and has fantastic knockback. I found it easy to use. People had to jump in order to dodge it, and if ou found the sweet spot  then for some characters they couldn't even jump to avoid it. Not to me tio. He aerial side B, and that lingering hitbox. I'd light hop and use that towards an edge while an opponent is trying to recover and there's virtuallt nothing they can do because the sword exits the arena keping Tabuu's body safe and sound and it blocks the edge.

Maybe he wasn't tough so to speak, but he was easy to exploit. His down tilt had more range than any of character's attack, which meant they'd have to advance from the air since the move was pretty fast and had a lingering hitbox. But if they do that then you teleport upwards and BBQ them. He was build pretty... Cheaply if you knew how to use him.

But the mJority of his moves were unusable. Down tilt for an attack, dodge roll and juke away, use laser to send off at sweetspot, then gaurd edge with hop-air side B. rinse and repeat. He's a [censored] if you use him right. But admittly i use him against my friends... So magbe they're just not that good...
    Hmm... the real problem with Old Tabuu was that his only viable attack was that Down Air. As for the roll, it wasn't really OP since it didn't cover a long distance. I played as him in several matches with friends and CPU and won half of them... played against him played by my friends and CPU Lvl16 and didn't lose  once... I don't know your skill level nor your friends' but mine aren't that good, and... well... Tabuu needed alot.
    Your last sentence makes me want to play against you though Evil

Now I need to test the new one to see what he can do Wink

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1706 on: June 07, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »

I went to a tournament held at Lazer Quest and as a side game I controlled Tabuu versus the top 3 combatenents, no team damage, 3 stock, and beat them.

I'm surprised you don't think his side dodge is OP. not only is it fast, but if you keep tappin the direction you're rolling, you can literally keep going, and you can change direction all without having a frame of re-entry where you can be hit during the roll. You can roll into a roll essentially, repeatedly, and change directions at will.

As far as my skill... I can beat everyone I know... Everyone from college, everyone in my cousin's Navy dorm, everyone I work with. I've won all 3 tournaments I've ever participated in as a combatenent, one of which was held by Gamestop. At least it's been that way for the last 2 years.

I main Wolf. My only issue is that I don't really "play" when I'm playing him. As in, everything I do is just a reaction at this point. I rarely actually think while playing. I only ever switch it up and start actually "being present" when an opponent uses techniques that require my mind games. Otherwise, I'm really not ther when I play. This kind of limits my enjoyment lol

And I can beat a level 16 Fox with Tabuu, and 9.

The only issue I have is with Captain Falcon and Ganon, who can use their Up special and almost always land it if I'm not paying attention.

Post Merge: June 07, 2014, 08:22:58 AM
    If my spelling is bad, it's because I'm on my phone. I hate touch screen. :/
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:23:48 AM by Nebulon » Logged

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1707 on: June 07, 2014, 08:27:27 AM »

I went to a tournament held at Lazer Quest and as a side game I controlled Tabuu versus the top 3 combatenents, no team damage, 3 stock, and beat them.

I'm surprised you don't think his side dodge is OP. not only is it fast, but if you keep tappin the direction you're rolling, you can literally keep going, and you can change direction all without having a frame of re-entry where you can be hit during the roll. You can roll into a roll essentially, repeatedly, and change directions at will.

As far as my skill... I can beat everyone I know... Everyone from college, everyone in my cousin's Navy dorm, everyone I work with. I've won all 3 tournaments I've ever participated in as a combatenent, one of which was held by Gamestop. At least it's been that way for the last 2 years.

I main Wolf. My only issue is that I don't really "play" when I'm playing him. As in, everythinf I do is just a reaction at this point. I rarely a tually think while playing. I only ever switch it up and start actually "being present" when an opponent uses techniques that require my mind games. Otherwise, I'm really not ther when I play. This kind of limits my enjoyment lol

And I can beat a level Fox with Tabuu, and 9.

The only issue I have is with Captain Falcon and Ganon, who can use their Up special and almost always land it if I'm not paying attention.
    I see... I never went to a tournament, but the only character that causes me trouble is Pit. I HATE him for this reason: Dash Attack>Nair>GlideAttack>SideB and start over...
    Other than that, I also beat everyone I know IRL, but on the Forums, that's something else... lol
    And I'd like to play against your Tabuu with... idk... Saber? Because I'm working on her, yes.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1708 on: June 07, 2014, 08:42:29 AM »

I see... I never went to a tournament, but the only character that causes me trouble is Pit. I HATE him for this reason: Dash Attack>Nair>GlideAttack>SideB and start over...
    Other than that, I also beat everyone I know IRL, but on the Forums, that's something else... lol
    And I'd like to play against your Tabuu with... idk... Saber? Because I'm working on her, yes.

I have no experience with Saber. Is the moveset any good? I'll upload an old Tabuu video with me wreckin some computers if you'd like.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1709 on: June 07, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »

That's alot of quotes... lol
    Anyway:
    I have no experience with Saber. Is the moveset any good? I'll upload an old Tabuu video with me wreckin some computers if you'd like.
    Yeah, Saber moveset is very good! But compy sucks using her at her fullest. As for mine, it's not bad... pretty cheap, sometimes OP, and it can be also very... weird.
    And yes please, upload some so I can see your tricks with Tabuu... lol

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Pages:  1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 161
    Print
    Jump to: