Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1009019 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1500 on: December 10, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »

I understand your whole point with wanting to own the KCMM dot org, com, and net domains... but you're not a massive corporation.
    I never claimed otherwise. I mentioned corporations because I figured most people have heard the phrase "corporate image" and would thus be able to understand where I was coming from.

But where you guys appear to stand financially, I don't think owning a couple of domain names is priority one. Investing in a better server seems like the better idea to me. More domain names may draw in more traffic, but what's the point if that will result in more Error 500s?
    A server upgrade costs quite a bit more than paying for a few domains annually. The idea was to find ways to pay for that ourselves while letting donations pay for the little things.

With that said, we are developing a way besides ads to pay for the server upgrade. That should be made public very soon.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1501 on: December 10, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »

Technically there'd be 1 button too many for the mods as they have an Admin button there.
    Oh, right...

Then what about getting rid of the "Members" button too?
    I really doubt people have the constant need or initiative of reading pages and pages of all the users of the forum, number of posts, the ranks, and all that.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1502 on: December 10, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »

They have to make more than 1 spam post in the thread for it to be worthy of being addressed?
    "Messages" is plural to make it more of a general case. There are some instances of spamming (e.g. just emoticon(s)) that consist of just one post. Others, such as repeated bumping, are multiple posts.

Then what about getting rid of the "Members" button too?
    If we need another button space, that would be the most likely candidate for replacement.

Cascade Hellsing
    Your Lord and Master
    Lol Kitten

Yawn

• Awards Sniper Pin Collector Hey! Listen! 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1503 on: December 10, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »

I'd say that the messages button should be one of the ones to go if ever the need comes, since we've go a link to our messages right under our name, above the unread posts link.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1504 on: December 10, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »

To be honest, when checking my messages, I never click on the tab button.

Not saying it should be removed or anything.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1505 on: December 10, 2011, 06:59:14 PM »

so do you really expect that say, for example, LST is going to buy the brawlvault.net domain and make you look bad?  I think it's a bit of a stretch.

and on the topic of buttons, some of those could be trimmed up a bit to give more room.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #1506 on: December 10, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »

I think it's a bit of a stretch.
    OK. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Fortune 500 made this a stealth post. Whoops.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:13:13 PM by Vyse » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1507 on: December 10, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24133

My my, look who's back.

And still stealing hacks.

Can we do something about this guy?

Before you ask, this was already mentioned in the BrawlVault thread.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #1508 on: December 10, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »

I understand your whole point with wanting to own the KCMM dot org, com, and net domains... but you're not a massive corporation. If KCMM was raking in huge sums of money through ads or whatever, I'd say go for it... purchase domain names to your heart's content.

But where you guys appear to stand financially, I don't think owning a couple of domain names is priority one. Investing in a better server seems like the better idea to me. More domain names may draw in more traffic, but what's the point if that will result in more Error 500s?

I agree.

Though it wasn't really a choice by the staff on the forum.

Though honestly, seeing all the hate users have made about us, I'm honestly glad we do own them. I wouldn't put buying a name similar to ours and doing stupid things in our names past some people here.

Just wanted to get my input in there.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #1509 on: December 10, 2011, 08:43:40 PM »

While I'm flattered you would lump my comic in with the others as a "hate group," I assure you that I would not waste the money buying a domain name just to spite KCMM. I would put my money to much better use, such as paying my rent or buying new shocks for my car.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #1510 on: December 10, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »

While I'm flattered you would lump my comic in with the others as a "hate group," I assure you that I would not waste the money buying a domain name just to spite KCMM. I would put my money to much better use, such as paying my rent or buying new shocks for my car.

and I believe you wouldn't.

Others not so much.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1511 on: December 10, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

I I think we can stop pondering if "competition" or children would buy a domain for the sole reason of making a super smash bros Modding site look bad.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #1512 on: December 10, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

If you keep repeating that thing about children enough, eventually someone will believe it.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1513 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:01 AM »

So... are you simply agreeing with me that the staff should state why they are locking the thread?

Yup. Although the reason for the lock seemed rather obvious to me, it's generally better to leave a bit of an explanation for people who didn't get what's going on.

Quote from: cx_asuka
    And now that you mention it and to make it clear... so people won't be considered spammers and be warned if they make 1 spam post?
    They have to make more than 1 spam post in the thread for it to be worthy of being addressed?

Well, once again, it is up to the moderator's appreciation.
    If a guy wrote a post with 37 smileys in a row and the rest of the text in all caps, it's as disruptive as it can get. On the other hand, something like that isn't disruptive in any way, even though it's "technically" a post with only smileys. But if it's repeated, it will become annoying (i.e disruptive)

This rule, like a lot of other ones, is up to the moderator's judgement, be it local or global.

About the removal of the Messages button, I'm not a big fan of the idea. I use the link in the top-right, myself, but I'm pretty sure alot of people can't find it unless they pass the cursor on it.
    Considering reports and warnings send automated PMs, keeping a clear access to the messages seems like a priority to me.
    The Members button could probably get the boot, but it's pretty rare to see a forum without one of those. Myself, I use the button quite frequently to find people (or distributing awards). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to use it, so if it really needs to get the boot, it should be replaced by at least a link somewhere in the index page.

One last note : I've discussed with Jack H, as promised, and the .org domains will be dropped on the next subscription, as planned.

The only ones we will renew will be kc-mm.com, kc-mm.net and brawlvault.net.
    Brawlvault.com was already taken.

The global cost : $30 a year. I hope we'll be able to afford it.
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:37:04 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1514 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:08 AM »

I don't use the messages button.. When I wanna send a PM I click the lil "IM" bubble or when I get a private I just use the pop-up. else I goto the top right and click the link instead, bypassing the Button entierly.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Pages:  1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: