Forward ThrowBack ThrowDown ThrowUp Throw
Back - 4 (11.8%)
Up - 6 (17.6%)
Down - 3 (8.8%)
Forward - 21 (61.8%)
None - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages:  1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 158
Author Topic: Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down  (Read 605229 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #810 on: July 22, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »

Right... people are having different issues that aren't matching up...

1: The up-smash and Up-B have sweet spots. If you hit this, if will make a Ping noise and for Ryu it gives off the Aura effect. Ken gives off fire.

2: I don't know what "Falling Strangely" means...

3: The sliding with the FS will be fixed soon. I just found how to fix that earlier.

4: Ken will get a different Up-B then Ryu in v2 and Ryu wont have so much air control for his.

5: If one of you don't mind, could you instead make a Ryu vs Ken video in a stamina match (Smash ball on low, no items) on a flat walk off stage? Perhaps with a street fighter theme playing in the background. That would be the best option and it would be hilarious if at the end the announcer could say "KAAAAY OOOOOOOOOH" lol AWESOME 2.0!

And remember guys... if you port it and release it, I'd like to be credited and the people I collabed with credited as well. Cheesy

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #811 on: July 22, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »

ur capture device (whatever ur using) is drunk...

i know Im srs here

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #812 on: July 22, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »

-on a side note

I think Ryu needs to have his head tilted up and facing the opponent when he is charging and throwing the haduken
    like this

Also the final smash should go a little slower...
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:01:26 PM by mr.mugenwii » Logged

FinalEmperor
    Expert Kitten

Quick and Easy

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #813 on: July 22, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »

hey, Kagemaru is it possible to give ken an air throw. If so, why dont you give ken the throw he used in
    marvel vs capcom 2

Life is good! Life is good! Life is good, no matter
    what, Life is good!

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #814 on: July 23, 2012, 04:48:33 AM »

my usual final smash tips:

-if it's short, make some parts go slow-motion, i believe there's a command for that in PSA... (not the frame rate modifier, but a general speed one)
    -it's a FS, make it more spectacular, make some big gfx when a hit connects (mustnt be too big, or it'll look weird...)
    -this kind of FS are better seen if you use some zoom effect when it works

-this is more for a major update and change:
    use CFs FS data, you can make a fully customized cut-scene editting CF's FS animations, and keeping the mechanics as it is (getting ridof the car of course... xD)

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #815 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:35 AM »

hey, Kagemaru is it possible to give ken an air throw. If so, why dont you give ken the throw he used in
    marvel vs capcom 2

Technically since it's over Falcon it is, but he shouldn't because an air throw isn't a defining thing about Ken, especially since he doesn't even have it in every game.  He only has it in games where it's a universal mechanic.  Ken's never been a throw based character.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #816 on: July 23, 2012, 02:39:02 PM »

Jokekid: I tried the Slow motion thing and the Zoom thing. But I couldn't get it to work right in time for the release date. It'll be fixed in the updated version.

GFX is my weakness. I have trouble thinking of what good gfx to use where and when. But I'll work on it.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

Afraid my dear? There nothing to be afraid of ...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #817 on: July 23, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »

I didn't feel like doing the stuff I had to do for the IST release of Ryu and Ken... Since I had to make a picture and edit it in photoshop and upload it... Didn't feel like doing all that last night. But I decided to get it overwith.

So... Feedback... I wanna hear it. They were released, lemme know what you think so when I get around to v2 both Ryu and Ken will be way better.

They will also have EX moves in v2.

I didn't try Ken yet but i can tell you what i think should be improved for Ryu’s V.2. Also i will add thing and maybe made a few change to the original movelist i made for the V.2. I let you know when the change will be made and i would highly appriciate you to look at it from time to time. So anyway, here my feedback to how i think should be done to improved Ryu and my personal thoughts. Since It might be  long i put it in "Spoiler", still i hope you to read the whole thing. Btw, i'm aware it's a BETA :  

-The Sides-Smash:

The sides smash is the "Sliding high kick" move but "slide" or step that Ryu does is a little too short and doesn’t look as smooth as the sprite. This make the reach of his attack rather poor even more than it already is cause it already an attack with an "not that great" reach. It supposed to be a really powerful smash but a rather slow one too. The end lag should be bigger so  you shouldn’t be able to do it so quickly right after you did it once.

-The Up-Smash :

The properties are pretty much perfect it’s the animation that doesn’t look right imo (accurate to the sprite). You made him spin an extra time but it look wierd for 2 reasons. First of all Ryu doesn’t  spin twice but also if you look at it in slow mo, he do the shoryuken like normal which look rather accurate to the sprite but when he suppose to fall on his feet he spin one more time which not only is unnecessary but also look really forced. Also during the part where the shoryuken actualy hit, his knee (the one that is on the same side as the attacking punch) is supposed to be in the same axis as the attacking punch (right under). Not sure if it all make sense too you so here the animated gif again.

-The Neutral-B :

I don’t know if it’s possible but could the fireball disappear instead of going trough the oppnent when it get hit, also the charging up animation look sort of weird  mainly the way the upper hand is place and move.I don’t know if you could make it shake or even better since i mostly use SFIII as a reference when making the movelist, how about make it like that :

Also i think his face should look toward his opponent when chrage it. I also would be nice if instead of the aura going everywhere, it was more under control (like a ball of energie with aura or electricity effect) cause after all Ryu, although he wouldn’t agree with that, his a master not a  beginner.  The Hadoken aimation could be improved as well. In the original animation you send me for the video i made, Ryu’s hands were stick together when releasing the Hadoken and his finger (although one hand wasn’t rig) were just like they are in the games. Make it like that again. This shot of Ryu realeasing a hadoken in your face might  help you understand what i mean:

Also in the air Ryu’s feet position is different when doing a hadoken :

Speaking of in the air, when realeasing a hadoken  it should make Ryu slowly fall down (low gravity fall) not fall like normal (this based on MvC and TvC air hadoken). One last thing, the Hadoken properties are kind of weird. The based again to what i have in mind (from the movelist i made), i expect the level 1 hadoken to be a little like falco laser, giving a certain pourcentage  and stop the opponent dead on their track when he’s trying to approch (basicaly good to keep the opponent away). The level 2 would be the same thing but would give a little more damage and the level 3 (Metsu Hadoken), should have killing potential/knockback power (I mean even at 300% it doesn’t). I mean, we can hardly call the current hadoken an efficient projectile. I expect the level 1 and 2 to have way better reach and the level 3 to have a shorter range (this is how it is in the SF series and how i describe it pretty much in the thread i made).

-The Sides-B :

The among of hit this attack give in SF games is 3  and it doesn’t really go past trough the opponent like the current one, it keep them on one side so to make it accurate  it should be similar to luigi runing attack that keep the opponent on one side and give them multiple it (about 15% in total i’d say). The things that really need improvement though are the animation of this move and some of its properties. First of all, the way the attack start doesn’t look natural at all. There should be a moment (like one sec) that show him about to star the Tasumaki  like on his down smash.  Right now, it look like he start flothing in the air for no reason LOL. Also I don’t know if it was clear from the gif on my thread (since there was no floor include in the gif) but while doing it, Ryu doesn’t stay at the same altitude. First he going upward and after 3 rotations, he slowly goes down until he hit the floor, this way it would look more natural.  Also i don’t think it’s necessary to make him go in special fall. In the air you could just allow him to do it once and that would be alright and as well to me (to prevent spaming) it should also be a tad slower.

-The Down-B :

I know what move you were refering to for this but i think it was a counter as well in the original game and i already told you that i didn't want too many variation of the Shoryuken so i hope you'll find out how to make counter attack this way, you can make the EX focus attack from Street Fighter IV. I lke the animation of the counter btw ^_^.

-The Final smashs:

-(Air): Make the shinku hadoken is a laser like attack similar to Lucario. I talk about its properties on my thread already. If your not able to make it aimable at least make it a laser like ZSS.

-(Ground): It look alright but there 3 things that should be change. First of all, the Shin Shoryuken NEVER HAD SPINS IN IT (actualy in one game i think) and the last hit should drag the opponent up with Ryu’s fist until he start falling down (the moment Ryu start going down, the opponent die).

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Ryu's Shin Shoryuken.

The attack should also be slower and have some visualy cool looking effects like shock wave or something like that. Secondly, since the reach of this move is already pretty damn weak, make it so that when the first hit touch the the opponent, both of them are in a “cinematic final smash”(like ike), which mean the attack cannot be stop or block my any means (people outside the final smash,bombs, items ect.) . Finaly the move that start the final smash is a shoryuken if you missed it look just like a regular Shoryuken but if you got the opponent, it cancel it and ryu does the first move of the combo and you know the rest. Actualy, It ain’t true to  say that it like a regular shoryuken it should have something like a visible lighting effect to distinguished it from the regular move.

-The Aerial Attacks:

There two moves that are swap. The current N-Aerial and the F-Aerial would look much better (and more accurate to the game) if they were swap back.  I like your idea of the jumping kick much more than the metor punch i mention in my movelist. Both of these move are Ryu’s F-Aerial attacks, one of them is when you press the punch buttom the other one is when you press the kick buttom (which is use much more LOL). I will keep the meteror punch idea for an other move in V.2. Still, The neutral aerial move (which is also the neutral airial move in  SF) is  supposed to be this:

And the kick that you give him is still supposed to be a F-Airial attack so it should be this :

The D-Aerial and Neutral Aerial attack something in common too.  Maybe it just me, but they seems a little too short .  Mario N-Air for instance last too like 2 sec (in which you opponent can still be it) but not in this moveset which make it hard to hit your opponent. Also , again maybe it’s just me but Ryu seems rather heavy his sides double jump feel a little weak but like i said maybe it’s just me.

-The tilts:

The down tilt is puny imo. I would have really like to see the leg sweep that i mention on my movelist. I think the reach and overall attack is better not to mention it feel more “brawl like” for a down tilt. Like I said on that thread, if you considered the fact that it made the opponent fall on their butt all the time to OP, make it like falco which if i’m not mistaken make them fall at random time.   The sides tilt on the other and is really stong, maybe too much in fact. I kind of like it but to be honnest, i kind of boring that it’s just a jab. Of course i would have want my idea of the downward punch to be in but since you’re the one who make it, i guess it up to you. The up-tilt is pretty cool but the animation could be slitly improved and since it’s up tilt, it should direct the opponent upward.Maybe when at 0% it trow it at the side but at 100% and up,the high kick trow the oponent upward. I have to say that on the list, the sprite was a chibi so i guessed that didn’t help  so here a better one:

-The Grabs
    The Up-throw properties are good I just think the animation look a little weird and the front grab need to be the shoulder throw. I kind of like my elbow/ shoulder drop idea for the down grab more but  the one you put is alright  too i guess.

-The animations (over all):

I’m really glad that you make this man and you did an overall good job with the animations but i think it fair to say that the animation weren’t as great and as accurate as the Wolverine or Thor one you made (no offence). I can quite but my finger on it, but there something that make it a little more stiff and unnatural than your other work so yeah i think they should be smoothed and  revised for V.2. To be fair, i think  a lot of the issues  have somewhat something to do with the model. Ryu’s shoulder seems a little stretched and his arms are longer than the Ike version also i think the TvC model look closer to the SFIII model(more muscular) wich make some animations look a lot better on it (at least to me).  The fact that the headband doesn’t move on the C.Falcon version also doesn’t help. Wish GBC or someone else could put the MvC3 head and feet on the TvC model and instead of having it directly on Captain Falcon it would be a port of the Ike version (with moving headband)  which would have no streaching and would look great but oh well. Anyway back to animations, yeah they thing were the model comes in play and other that need actual imporvement.  In Wait 1 for instance, Ryu hands should be closer to his body and he should face his opponent. Right now, he look next to them. I know it can’t be as smooth since you can’t make clothing move but try make it more like this:

This is my honnest thoughts, and i hope you will really take these in consideration when you’ll make V.2. This is a  contructive critique/feedback, i hope you won’t take any of this as an insult. I'm sorry if i'm picky it just that i'm a big fan and like SDo0m says (ithink it was him) with an iconic character like him, the moves must be really well done otherwise it won't feel like Ryu. Tell me what you think and thank you once again for making this
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:59:27 AM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

Youngnamez
    Expert Kitten

Due Tomorrow? Do Tomorrow

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #818 on: July 23, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »

Are you going to release recolors for ryu anytime soon?

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #819 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »

there arre recolors already..download GBC'S ryu model it comes with all of the recolors

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

kirbyboi :3
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #820 on: July 23, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »

hey kagemaru, sorry for such vague description. xD

I mean strange by he falls waaay tooo horitzontally. xD

and also i noticed when you do Ryu vs Ken matches, Ken has a blue hadouken. thats it.

Everything else is friggen awesome. ^_^ its beast. Ive been waiting for a Ryu psa for a while... ^^

kirby fan character

Credits to Snivy, mr.mugenwii, Anivernage, and myself. Cheesy

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #821 on: July 23, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

SonicUnderground: Read it, will take it into consideration. Yes, the animations could be better. There are two reason why they aren't that great. 1: When I made 75% of these animations, that wasn't as good at animating as I am now. Granted, that wasn't too long ago, but apparently, I learn fast and have a natural talent for this. So I agree that the animations aren't my best. 2: Porting the animations from a Ike to CF. The model has different bone tranlations, and as such the animations look different. On the Ike model I think the hands in the Hadoken were together, on the CF model I don't think they are. Probably because CF has broader shoulders then Ike does. Ken's animations the ones I did recently, would be a better example of my animation skill. His Final Smash on the ground for example I think is amazing. As for Ryu, most of his moves were recycled since a lot of them are the same. He's got 3 Tatsumaki's 4 Shoryukens, and because of a slight mix up, the Neutral B air is both the ground and air animation.

So, in v2 I'll have those done better.

- The Side Smash: The problem is he moves during the start, and not the execution. Giving the illusion of a shorter ranged move then it is. I can just move a couple frames from the start to the attack and it will look more like he's taking a step towards the opponent.

- Up Smash: He does the second spin because when I made the animation, the way he hit the ground was strange looking. I'll look into it though.

- Neutral B: Thats not the gif you had... I had to go off of literally 1 frame of animation in the gifs provided to make that loop. But that one there is better so it can be done. Also, I prefer the Aura. It may look out of control, but the effect closer resembles that of the Hadoken aside from electricity.

- Side B: I'll make it look better. That was made with the Ike model. I know it can be better.

- Shin Shoryuken: Dragging the opponent up with the shoryuken would make the animation look strange. Since its a near instant kill, if I did it how you wanted, then they would be dragged up then suddenly go flying really fast. So I just made them go flying when the third hit connects. Which is basically what it does.

- Air attacks: Mario and Luigi have lingering hitboxes on their neutral air moves. I made Ryu's more of a striking type of attack. Instead of it just pecking at the opponent if it hits, it actually could send the opponent somewhere. Granted, its weak, but its better distance then what Mario and Luigi's do.

- And I lowered his jump height a bit. Basically to make his attributes differ from CF's. Made his Run speed slower... that kinda thing.

- Tilts: The Up-Tilt... Why would it raise the opponent upward? Its a leg drop. I'm gonna change it anyway never liked it... I'll probably find something to switch it with from MvC3. The side tilt is staying what it is but I could lower the knockback. It is what it is because the down punch you wanted is the Dash attack. Cause you didn't put that in the movelist. Down tilt... the trip rate works off percentages. I could give him the trip. I thought about it once, but then I couldn't stop calling it the Mortal Kombat trip. And I hate that game... So I went with a punch. Its not effective, but its something Ryu does.

- Grabs... Gonna switch the front grab for something similar to the one Ken does. They both do that one and I like it more then what I have.

All that stuff... + better gfx and animations will come for both Ryu and Ken in the v2.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #822 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »

Ryu vs Goku Epic Battle

check this out. Cheesy

kirby fan character

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #823 on: July 23, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »

Ryu vs Goku Epic Battle

check this out. Cheesy
    thats wut im talkin bout!!(misspelled on purpose) loved the announcer in the beginning

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #824 on: July 23, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »

thats wut im talkin bout!!(misspelled on purpose) loved the announcer in the beginning

Haha thanks! ^_^ i knew people would luv the intro. Cheesy

No, sorry, there are no sfx for this. D: i put in my own sfx in Sony Vegas. I will do this frequently on my videos. xD

kirby fan character

Pages:  1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 158
    Print
    Jump to: