Poll
Question:
What hair should I give Milla?
Option 1: (Prettier, but longer) Make the hair from Tales of Xillia!!
Option 2: (Faster, but uglier) Use the Tales of the Heroes hair!
Option 3: Who cares?!
(http://i.imgur.com/zkZPBXJ.png)
Download the Demo Here!!!:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I've finally decided to make a thread for this project. Originally, it was supposed to be a PSA for Rosalina without Luma over Peach, but things have happened, and this has been expanded to a PSA for Rosalina & Luma over Olimar and Pikmin.
SpecialsSorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
AttacksSorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Smash AttacksSorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Aerial AttacksSorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
RecoloursSorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
ScreenshotsSorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
What's done?-various animations for Rosalina
-all recolours
-cosmetics (Smash 4 styled, and Brawl styled)
-GFX's for Launch Star, Star Bits, galaxy, and saturian ring
What's being worked on?-all downed-related animations
-Luma animations
-animating Rosalina's eyes
What I need help with:-making Luma stay in front of Rosalina, as opposed to behind her.
-making Luma spawn after a few seconds, regardless of what Rosalina is doing (he currently spawns if Rosalina is staying still)
-limiting the Lumas to one at a time on modes where Olimar's entry doesn't play
glitches (kind of another help section)-The final smash freezes the game
-when playing against her as a CPU, she'll spam the neutral special endlessly, thinking it will spawn more pikmin
-the camera on the results screen doesn't show all of her, since she's really tall.
Any help on this would be appreciated, whether it's "I can solve one of the problems in the needs help section," or "that animation looks a bit odd." The reason I made this thread is to get your opinions after all. :3
The problem with the cpu goes into ai coding. Off the top of my head, Dantarion (or maybe Eternal Yoshi) would be your best bets to get help from.
Ah, thanks.
*subs* How did you get the stars to show up red on her red and white recolor? I have tried, but not succeded.
I've copied the stars over from the spec map to the dress colour, then turned them red. It was the only way I could think of doing it.
Post Merge: July 05, 2014, 07:19:21 PM
It took some extreme Photoshop work, but I finally got some Brawl-styled CSP's:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That side tilt is not very fraceful for Rosalina lol. Looks good overall though. Looking forward to this.
Thanks! All of these moves are from Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, so how graceful a move is is on Nintendo :P
Nice work man very fluent! ;D
thanks :3
So did you ever figure out how to do the up special the way you wanted it?
I'm still working on it. Although, I have fixed the odd glitch it had when used to get back up to the stage. ( it needed to allow edge grabbing to interrupt the animation -_-')
UPDATE: Upon taking a lot of damage, a Luma would burst and turn into stardust. It's quite sad if you think about it. Luckily there's an infinite number of them:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That is sad....but a very interesting way to go about it.
I think I've reached the point where a could have a video preview. Anyone willing to do that for me? :3
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 15, 2014, 10:31:10 PM
I think I've reached the point where a could have a video preview. Anyone willing to do that for me? :3
I got time, I could. Just tell me what u need.
I just need a video showing Rosalina in battle; It'll help show off the animations that're done, and the current glitches in it. I'll send you everything now.
It's been confirmed that it works, so if anyone wants to record the preview for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. :3
Hi, if you want I xan do the preview
Huge thanks to CARLCGL! Thanks to him, here are some video previews :af::
http://youtu.be/8F6tGhcAA-g (http://youtu.be/8F6tGhcAA-g)
http://youtu.be/BX3lM2YUmCA (http://youtu.be/BX3lM2YUmCA)
Not bad at all
:kdance:
that should explain how i feel about this lol. animations need some tweaking but I like the idea of having her over Olimar. Keep up the work and don't be scared to ask for help from great animators if needed.
I love where this PSA is going. But I was wondering what her final smash is. Is it going to be her final smash from the Wii U/3DS or are you going to create your own? :kdance:
I plan on making her Final Smash from SSB WiiU/3ds, or at least it'd be based off of that.
Will you make a model for the Power Star and Mini Stars that go around the stage?
*cough*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you want, I can send them to you.
Are you working on this by yourself?
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on July 29, 2014, 06:18:42 AM
*cough*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you want, I can send them to you.
That'd be awesome, thanks!
I am working on this by myself, but I've been getting a lot of help from people like Rosetta-Hime and Snoopy.
Nose if you did but hey here's the link
It is a mockery
[spoiler](http://i.imgur.com/eCx1uV6.gif)
Well if you need help, you can ask :-\
asdfghjkl;' :happy: :af2: :af: :kdance: :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Do you notice anything different about this picture? :o :kdance:
You gave Luma a different attack?!?!?!
No! :P Rosalina & Luma can now attack while separated! :happy:
Amazing news!
This project appears to be quite a promising one. Good luck completing it.
On a side note, you might want to consider making Rosalina's eye pupils move for certain animations.
I can now make the Luma Shot and return luma on the neutral special, however I'm not sure how to stop Luma from doing it on the side and down specials...
Post Merge: July 30, 2014, 12:55:34 AM
Ahh, I forgot about moving her eyes. I'll get to that once I find a tutorial on how to do it :P
When will Rosalina & Luma be released? :-\
To make the eye irises move, you simply need to create a new texture animation, and give it the same name as the model animation itself.
This also applies to making new .pat0 files, which are used for the eye lid texture parts. It would only be right if Rosalina is seen blinking after all.
Just make sure that the .srt0 and .pat0 archives are using the exact same amount of animation frames as the .chr0 archive that they're used alongside.
I'm not sure. I have a LOT more coding to do, mostly of stuff I don't know how to do. Then I have quite a bit of animating to do. So, it may take a while.
Thanks mnsg, I'll get on that as soon as I fix the attacks Luma uses while desynced (he currently dies on the up and forward aerials, and returns on the side special o_O. Easy fix though :D)
I could always help you implement the .srt0 and .pat0 animations. However, this does mean that I'll need the model and MotionEtc file to make the additions accurate.
Okay, I'll send it to you in a bit
Is there any chance you can release a BETA of Rosalina & Luma FQuintanilla14?
I can. But I have to be able to fix one major glitch at least: If Rosalina & Luma are separated for too long, the game freezes. If someone can help me fix that, a Beta version could come out VERY soon. That's one of the major things keeping me from doing it.
Alright. I bet someone can fix that problem right away.
Hopefully
Yeah. Because I been waiting for someone to make a Rosalina & Luma PSA based off Wii U/3DS and now that you've doing it I really excited! But I'm sure you will fix your problem and will release it. Wait, you should also fix her final smash than release it.
I've made a good amount of progress with the .srt0 and .pat0 additions. However, the animation modifications to the eyebrows have been interfering with my modifications. I also had to make some material edits, so that I could properly modify the eye iris positions.
(http://i.imgur.com/o6aJoV8.png)
On a side note, there are still a large amount of animations that still need to be made, so I'll just make the animation additions for the animations that have been covered already.
I should probably point out as well that the way that the feet are rigged can result in some very ugly-looking foot postures.Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Well this rig is a copy of the Mario Galaxy rig. So that's on Nintendo :P Luckily I've been re-rigging, so it should be better.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 30, 2014, 08:58:21 PM
Well this rig is a copy of the Mario Galaxy rig. So that's on Nintendo :P Luckily I've been re-rigging, so it should be better.
Just keep in mind that when I give you the updated model and animations, there will be a material addition that will be needed for the .srt0 animations to operate properly.
Anyway, best of luck with fixing up the legs, because I'm just not liking how the feet look with certain animations right now.
Very Nice
Does anyone know how I could make Rosalina use a different SubAction for her neutral special depending on Luma's position? You know, like Wario's side special?
I should be set to send you the updated animations later today, or tomorrow.
On a side note, I did spot another issue with the model, but this time, regarding the hair. Some of the hair vertices are not in-sync with the head vertices, and as such, you'll notice a hole in the back of Rosalina's head. This issue may want to be taken care of as well.
(http://i.imgur.com/a4CmZIt.png)
I think the model looks awesome!
hey FQ, i've edited a bit rosalina's textures and addded a high quality version of her naillish and her lipstick, wanna take a look?
Sure
(http://i.imgur.com/JvEQSJO.png)
The little one is the HQ version
I also have some imges of Rosalina that could be use as portraits....
It's fine: I already have portraits: (http://i.imgur.com/9b8Jm37.png) (http://i.imgur.com/IRVvYxt.png) (http://i.imgur.com/DuJX5Fk.png)
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 31, 2014, 11:07:19 PM
It's fine: I already have portraits: (http://i.imgur.com/9b8Jm37.png) (http://i.imgur.com/IRVvYxt.png) (http://i.imgur.com/DuJX5Fk.png)
Oh, yeah, my one was similar to yours: (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/156/d/9/rosalina_icon_by_ashley_andred-d7kvvis.png)
also, wil you use my texture lips?
Yes I will!
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 31, 2014, 11:13:27 PM
Yes I will!
haha, thanks, I will edit it and send it to you via PM
Did you fix the Luma thing yet?
You mean the freezing when he's desynced for too long? Nope. I have no idea what would even cause it: This is my first time making a PSA after all.
Oh I do see your point. First timer PSA Makers don't have as much experience on making brand new movesets like other experts on the vault. But you can remove Luma and just have Rosalina by her self. Or you can put her over peach with the same moveset you showed in your video. Are those any good ideas?
I don't want to remove Luma; it wouldn't be the same. I just need some help with this glitch and it would be fine. And besides, Rosetta-Hime is already making Rosalina & Luma over Peach.
Post Merge: August 01, 2014, 09:00:00 PM
Plus, I wouldn't want to make such a big change since I've already gotten so far.
Your right I wouldnt want to change something you got so far in. Just keep going with where you are. I hope you figure out what is causing Luma is desynced for too long. Can not wait for this to be released!
I'm making a model of Ellie from The Last of Us to be rigged over ZSS, but I feel like I want to make a PSA for her too. The thing is, I don't know what it would be like. Does anyone have any ideas they want to contribute?
I can contribute. She mostly uses a bow. So I think you should rig her over Link instead of Zero Suit Samus.
She also uses guns, explosives, and a switchblade, as well as bricks and bottles. I thought Zero Suit Samus because she already has a gun with her, and she can crawl, which would be Ellie's crouch from the game.
Alright I see your point. You can just give her a different standing animation. I think the moveset would be difficult to do but you will try to do it.
Seconly, how is Rosalina & Luma going?
I'm still stuck with the same glitches :\
What. That sucks. I really want you to release this.
Hey you can send this to me and I can help. I can see what the problem is and we can fix all your glitches. Is that fine with you?
Post Merge: August 03, 2014, 07:43:28 PM
Done anything with Rosalina & Luma today FQuintilla14?
*subs*
I'm making progress with Ellie's model:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Keep in mind that this is the higher-poly version, and the in-game one will look a bit different (pretty mush just in the hair). So for her moveset, I've been thinking something along the lines of:
Special: gun shot
Side Special: bottle/brick throw
Down Special: Health Kit
Up Special: I dunno :P
Final Smash: I dunno :P
The other attacks will use her knife
What do you think?
I think this is going to be a awesome moveset!
I think this should go over Link.
But the ideas are good.
*subs*
Esdese/S3 thats exactly what I said
I still don't see why it should be over Link. II just chose Zero Suit Samus because she already has a gun, she already can crawl, her up special is a tether which would come in handy if I decide to make Ellie's a tether, and she has a rapid jab which would be helpful if I decide to give one to Ellie. Also, her default file size is huge, so I could be able to get away with a slighly more detailed model or textures.
Is this PSA dead?
Nope, just at the same roadblock :\ If the freezing issue can be fixed, as well as her AI, then I may be able to release a beta version (but without a final smash), otherwise it's going no where.
Thanks to Carnage, the freezing issue was fixed, as well as some other things :D So... Are there any volunteers to help with the Final Smash? :3
Sure I can help
I'd really love to help out somehow! I can help make names in different fonts, menu portraits (like the face in the square) and all sorts of stuff. I can also test, which I'd love to do. (:
I actually know the way to code the FS. Plus I can send you the model and .chr0 for it if you'd like.
Really? Thanks so much Pichi-hime!
Testers will be needed very, very soon. Once someone fixes her AI (which I have no idea how to do), then I guess I'll release the beta version, since I feel bad for making all of you wait for so long.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 17, 2014, 12:59:52 AM
Really? Thanks so much Pichi-hime!
Testers will be needed very, very soon. Once someone fixes her AI (which I have no idea how to do), then I guess I'll release the beta version, since I feel bad for making all of you wait for so long.
Testers? I offer myself for this.
Can I be one of the testers?
I'll need about 10 testers, but we aren't at that point just yet. I'll need them shortly before the release, and since Pichi-hime already knows how to code it, we just need to wait for someone to fix her AI before I ask for testers again. In the meantime I'll be working on the last of her animations and finding unnessesary ones for Luma to become his other attack animations. I plan to try to skip the beta release if I can, and get to releasing the final version instead, but I'll still need help with a few semi-important things. I've made help threads a while ago, still waiting on some replys. ('-_-)
I volunteer as tribute!!!
......
I mean tester!!! :P
When you are looking for them of course
I don't mind being a tester... But if the slots are already filled, it's okay.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 17, 2014, 01:18:09 AM
I'll need about 10 testers, but we aren't at that point just yet. I'll need them shortly before the release, and since Pichi-hime already knows how to code it, we just need to wait for someone to fix her AI before I ask for testers again. In the meantime I'll be working on the last of her animations and finding unnessesary ones for Luma to become his other attack animations. I plan to try to skip the beta release if I can, and get to releasing the final version instead, but I'll still need help with a few semi-important things. I've made help threads a while ago, still waiting on some replys. ('-_-)
tbh i dont think anyone ever will be able to fix the AI at all, AI is still preety much uncharted territory no one bothered to do much with it, you can repalce her with other Characters AIs and see which one suits it better but thats as far as AI change goes.
Hmmm. Okay, so how would I go about doing that?
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 17, 2014, 07:26:53 PM
Hmmm. Okay, so how would I go about doing that?
open the fitmotion
expand Fitpikminetc and replace ai_pikmin with another char ai file my sugestion its try king Dedede ai since he seems to fit the best imo.
Just shoot me a PM when you need me. :)
Okay, thanks.
New question: How do I fix the results screen camera? Since Rosalina's so tall, it cuts her off.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 17, 2014, 11:59:17 PM
Okay, thanks.
New question: How do I fix the results screen camera? Since Rosalina's so tall, it cuts her off.
its on the atributes check for result camera and mess around with the values.
There's a thing for size on results screen, as well as things for camera size top, bottom, front, and back. Is it one of these, or is it one of the non-labelled ones?
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 20, 2014, 03:33:11 AM
There's a thing for size on results screen, as well as things for camera size top, bottom, front, and back. Is it one of these, or is it one of the non-labelled ones?
its those
It seems to work at first, but then the camera will go back to it's original position the second time she's on the win screen, then the camera will go back to how I've changed it, and so on.
One more question: where do I change the name that appears in the results screen?
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on September 20, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
It seems to work at first, but then the camera will go back to it's original position the second time she's on the win screen, then the camera will go back to how I've changed it, and so on.
One more question: where do I change the name that appears in the results screen?
that is an hard question it has to do with stg result animations or something its not an easy thing to replace i never replaced any result screens names ever so i cant say much.
Really? Hmm, well I know how to it with BrawlEx, so I may just use that.
Hey FQuintanilla14, you said you know how to use BrawlEX right? Because I want to clone Olimar to put Rosalina in my pack. So you wouldn't mind sending me her BrawlEX Cosmetics?
I've got a surprise for you all. I feel bad about taking so long in this PSA (my original goal was before the japanese release of Super Smash Bros. 3ds), so I decided to finally release a demo for you all!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rtlvq0c506a8lq/Rosetta%20%26%20Chiko%20-%20Demo.zip?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rtlvq0c506a8lq/Rosetta%20%26%20Chiko%20-%20Demo.zip?dl=0)
Keep in mind, this is a demo. There are still things wrong with this, and you cannot use the Final Smash at all, but her specials are all in order (Thanks to LeonExodio for moving the Luma Shot to Neutral B), and you can attack with them separated without the game freezing (thanks to Carnage for that). I've also included Brawl-styled cosmetics, and some Smash Bros. 4 style cosmetics (except some names though).
Make sure to let me know what you all think of this so far!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D
Ooops, forgot something pretty important: spawn a new Luma by waiting after the last has died.
Thank You, your awesome!
omg this works perfectly omg
WAIT I FORGOT TO FIX THE AI!!!!
Post Merge: September 24, 2014, 07:41:32 PM
USE THIS MOTIONETC INSTEAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vq1811b5coicfo/FitPikminMotionEtc.pac?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vq1811b5coicfo/FitPikminMotionEtc.pac?dl=0)
She'll freak out if you kill Luma, but whatever, it's fine for a demo. :3
Post Merge: September 24, 2014, 08:02:57 PM
One more thing: The Lumas have the same attributes as the pikmin. Oh, and the order may not line up with vBrawl's order since I've matched it to CBliss.
If you want me to, I could fix a cssslot up that'll use the correct color order for Rosalina and send it to you to use for future releases of it.
OMG!!! Finally Thank you , Thank you!!!!! :D :D :D
Brstmguy, that'd be awesome!
Only thing I need to know is do you just want the main costume order set as Brawls. Ex: MenSelchrFaceB.001-6 or do you want the First Version and the Smash4 expanded Eight Costumes So People can choose between the two?
I think both will be best
Well I've got one thing left to change and I'll send you the completed files for Rosalina&Luma's Configs in a PM, Fun Fact I tried setting Rosalina's Config to use a Crawl, Game Crashes everytime she ducks now. But, I can just set the Crawl Ability to None to fix the crash.
I am definitely gonna get this, but can someone send me a video of the latest demo plz? I would like to see her in action before adding her in my brawlex pack. Also FQuintanilla14 you said you made her in brawlex, can you send me her brawlex files plz?
Sorry, but I haven't used BrawlEx in a while. You can use the default pikmin files for anything not included in the pikmin folder in the download. As for cosmetics, that's all included (except for names, unless you're all okay with them being named Rosetta & Chiko, which is what I have now)
That reminds me, can someone pllleeeaaaassse make a video for this? That's yet another thing I forgot about before releasing the demo. -_-'
I will do it! I will send you the link later if I do it today!
Post Merge: September 26, 2014, 09:11:14 PM
Okay, the video showing off the moveset and all the moves is in the process of uploading. I will be back with the link!
Wait, can't I make her crawl without BrawlEx? I thought I could use something like
If Stick Direction Pressed *insert numbers representing direction here*
Change SubAction: Squat*insert direction here*
I may be wrong though, this is my first PSA to be fair. :p
You should be able to. I have seen codes on it, but I forgot which hack. OH WAIT I REMEMBER! It was a toon link hack! I will PM you the code, and you can modify it to fit Olimar's code number or something.
Post Merge: September 26, 2014, 10:16:04 PM
Here is the link for the Rosalina and Luma moveset review! You can use it whenever you want, like in one of the the three pics if you release it to Brawl Vault. I will do another video when V.1 comes out too!
Post Merge: September 26, 2014, 10:23:38 PM
LOLOLOL STUPID ME I FORGOT THE LINK! Ima dunce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeRcj84b_bg&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeRcj84b_bg&feature=youtu.be)
I have to say, This moveset is amazing! But here are tweeks you can make to make this moveset more awesome!
Foward B- The star bits dosent hit the opponent, only the Luma hits depending on which color Luma Rosalina has
AAA Combo- Dosent hit them whats so ever
Ledge Attack- Rosalina model goes all over the place
Tripping Animation- Her model does the same with the Ledge Attack but she becomes tiny
Final Smash- Olimars ship pops up but dosent do anything
Thats all I want to say about the movesets tweeks. Hope for this to be a way more better movesets in the future releases!
Quick Question:
Do you guys think that I should include Rosalina's custom moves in the final release?
It would be cool, but sadly, I am leaving this site the two days, when smash bros comes out. I only really wanted brawl hack to make brawl more like the new game before it came out to contain many hype. Now that it is almost out, I don't need brawl hacks anymore. I love this hack, I lived that I helped it by making a video for it, but I must leave it. Bye... if there are any spelling mistakes, I am dry cuz I am trying fast on my kindle, and that is hard!
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on October 01, 2014, 03:30:05 AM
Quick Question:
Do you guys think that I should include Rosalina's custom moves in the final release?
thats your call, but i would not recommend it, no need doing extra work when its all completed
Any plans for a Project M version? I've grown apart from vBrawl, but I know most PSA's only work with it. :(
Well, I'm not sure what I'd have to change
Good news, I put it in Project M on a whim and it works perfectly as far as not freezing goes. Keep up the good work! Although for a version specifically for Project M you'd really only have to change her speed and floatiness so she fits in with the other characters in the cast. Although for a casual like me, balance isn't that much of an issue unless something is game breaking.
So I was kinda curious about this and wanted to try it out, but the demo keeps freezing for me at the stage selection screen. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Are you using BrawlEx? If so, you may be forgetting some files. If not, it could be the character you're going against, or maybe the stage you've selected. Other than that, I've no idea; it hasn't been freezing for anybody else. :/
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on October 16, 2014, 08:29:51 PM
Are you using BrawlEx? If so, you may be forgetting some files. If not, it could be the character you're going against, or maybe the stage you've selected. Other than that, I've no idea; it hasn't been freezing for anybody else. :/
It's alright, I messed around with it earlier today and got it working. For some reason it was only freezing with ports 1, 2, and 3, but after I tried port 4, it started working with every port, not sure what was going on. Thanks anyway though.
I thought that I should let everybody know that the reason I haven't done anything in a while is because I broke my laptop's screen. -_-' Progress will be a lot slower for a while since my mum'd! eleroun
Post Merge: October 21, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
My mum's computer is old and bad!!!
Post Merge: October 21, 2014, 12:03:45 AM
That was WAYYYYY to hard to type
It's okay FQ, Take your time RL comes first, and Also just to let you know incase I didn't notify you. I sent the BrawlEx Components you need in a pm.
Ah, right I've forgotten to thank you for that. So, thank you!! \(^_^)/
No prob, like I said in the pm if there's any problems getting them to work, just let me know and I'll investigate the configs to see what's wrong.
Okay, it'll certainly be a while before I can do anything with this PSA. I was wondering: is there anybody willing to continue working on this in my absence? I've also "lost" a bit of progress since it's very difficult to get the files from my laptop since I can't see anything, so whoever does end up working on it will have to start from the demo version.
wow, I fell in love with this PSA!! Wow, it is just amazing, the only thing to do is add a custom FS, but anyways, perfect!! Weel FQ, I wishto hep you, there is anything I can do?
Wow, this is amazing, how did I miss this PSA lol
*sigh* Some unfortunate news:
Originally, the issue with my laptop was just that I couldn't see anything because of the broken screen. Well, I've connected a monitor to my laptop, and it turns out that NOTHING will load. I couldn't even open the folder I have on my desktop with all of my Rosalina stuff, or the one with a super secret character I was working on (I was even making an intro trailer D:<).
That said, I won't be able to do anything for this PSA until after Christmas, when I get a new laptop. So, the offer still stands: Anyone who is willing to pick this project up for me, please do so.
I don't want to continue your project (cause I can't :( ) but I'd love to add a ponytail to the fire rosalina, hehe
I've ordered a new computer (finally) and it should be here sometime this week. Now, I'd just like to know how many of you actually care about the Rosalina & Luma PSA anymore, since Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has been released for a while.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on December 29, 2014, 12:57:07 AM
I've ordered a new computer (finally) and it should be here sometime this week. Now, I'd just like to know how many of you actually care about the Rosalina & Luma PSA anymore, since Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has been released for a while.
Me, cause I don't have enough money to a Wii U :'/
I care, Alot of the time I don't like seeing mods being canceled, The more variety the better.
Me want
I want to see it, so I can jus forget about My Rosalina and Luma and work on other PSAs.
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 29, 2014, 02:43:55 AM
I want to see it, so I can jus forget about My Rosalina and Luma and work on other PSAs.
Hahaha, same! I kind of just want mine over with!
I think I've completely dropped mine. I may still make her alt costumes though, but release them as Peach mods. But yeah, been working on Palutena a bit, mostly model stuff,
Yeah I know how you feel. Once my computer finally gets here, I'll most likely be working on other things first, like the "secret character" I was working on *cough*ritamordio*cough*cough*
I also really wanted to make a PSA of Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia, but I'd need the model first... (hint hint)
Jrush64 released a beta PSA of Milla Maxwell if that's any help.
I like the idea of a Rosalina and Luma PSA btw, but you shouldn't force yourself to make it if you don't want to.
Hello FQuintanilla14, how long, in the end going to finish the PSA And Rosalina Luma? Aver who removed before a new version or Pichi-Hime you.
Tegmo a desire to try both versions. Incidentally Pichi-Hime as you go with Rosalina and Luma? I saw the version of Costume fire and I loved it. :)
Quote from: Calypso on December 29, 2014, 11:53:29 AM
Jrush64 released a beta PSA of Milla Maxwell if that's any help.
I like the idea of a Rosalina and Luma PSA btw, but you shouldn't force yourself to make it if you don't want to.
Ah, now I feel weird about making a Milla PSA. Well, if somebody ends up getting her model from Tales of Xillia for me, then I'll do it, otherwise I do have another idea for a character, but I need to know if it's possible to make a healing circle move in this game.
As for Rosalina, I'll be working on that kind of slowly so I don't end up feeling like I'm forcing myself.
Post Merge: December 30, 2014, 03:20:49 AM
Okay, so something non-Rosalina related:
I wanted to make Rita look as if she was in Super Smash Bros. 4, but I'm not sure about it
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Post Merge: December 30, 2014, 09:58:03 PM
Having them side-by-side might help:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
My computer finally got here (yay!!!!) and I got Rita in-game, but something odd happens with her legs:
How it's supposed to look:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
What it actually looks like:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Probably a slope contour event in her wait animation.
Ah, that was it! Thanks!
Okay so most of you want Rosalina & Luma, so I will definitely be finishing that up! Now, about Milla...
I will definitely be doing the Milla PSA that I wanted to do. However, apparently it's not possible to rip from
Tales of Xillia, so I made my own model, and I would like some opinions:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
How amazing :3 The hair looks different, but I prefer your version ><
*And 5 Years Later Very Little Progress was made*
I've made a little progress, just a little, with Milla's hair, but I fixed up a bunch of other things:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Yep, when I said it'd take a while, I wasn't kidding. Anyways, here's what I thought for her moveset:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Hey FQuintanilla14, did you cancelled Rosalina or did you put her on hold for a while??
Neither, just working on her a little slower than the other PSA's since most of the things left to add to her are things that will be kind of hard to do.
Also a little update on Rosalina: I'll be giving her and Luma their models from Smash Bros Wii U (HUUUUGE thanks to DSX8)! Nothing to show yet though, since I just got the model
That's awesome!! But what was weird that in the Demo for her, her model, she didn't blink at all. And that was creepy. But anyway, you said most of the things that are left to do are to hard. What are those things??
She didn't? Oops, I definitely had the things set up for it (or at least most of them) maybe I just didn't rename them.
Anyways, what's left (after implementing the new models) would be to:
1. make it so that Luma won't return to Rosalina's side and will just float in front of her at a distance
2. Make Luma shine when separated
3. Make Luma always be right in front of her when tethered (Smash 4 ties Luma to a certain bone (TicoN), don't know if I can do that here though)
4. Make all new GFX's for the Galaxy and Gravitational Pull as well as some others
5. Make her Final Smash (which may not be possible)
6. Make Luma respawn 12 or so seconds after the last has died
7. Make it so that if Luma dies offstage, the same GFX that appears when characters fall off will appear
8. Implement sound effects (I have NO IDEA how to do this.... anyone want to help with that?)
9. Add new SubActions for Luma (again, NO IDEA how to do/if it can be done)
10. balance
I may be forgetting some things, but those are the biggest problems I have.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 07, 2015, 06:21:05 PM
She didn't? Oops, I definitely had the things set up for it (or at least most of them) maybe I just didn't rename them.
Anyways, what's left (after implementing the new models) would be to:
1. make it so that Luma won't return to Rosalina's side and will just float in front of her at a distance
2. Make Luma shine when separated
3. Make Luma always be right in front of her when tethered (Smash 4 ties Luma to a certain bone (TicoN), don't know if I can do that here though)
4. Make all new GFX's for the Galaxy and Gravitational Pull as well as some others
5. Make her Final Smash (which may not be possible)
6. Make Luma respawn 12 or so seconds after the last has died
7. Make it so that if Luma dies offstage, the same GFX that appears when characters fall off will appear
8. Implement sound effects (I have NO IDEA how to do this.... anyone want to help with that?)
9. Add new SubActions for Luma (again, NO IDEA how to do/if it can be done)
10. balance
I may be forgetting some things, but those are the biggest problems I have.
i might help you with some of this, when i got time. Theyre over pikmin/olimar right?
Yes they are! Thank you!
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 07, 2015, 07:50:37 PM
Yes they are! Thank you!
sadly i don't think they're moveset is possible over olimar/pikmins because Luma has its own attacks for all roselinas Attacks. I suggest making them over ice climbers because Nana has her own subactions and animations. The only downfall by this is then Luma will stick to roselinas after every attack but its better that way imo.
Post Merge: February 07, 2015, 09:03:01 PM
And also, i might do some PSA work for you if the project moves over ice climbers. The Final smash is almost 100% possible!
Well the problem is that they can't really be recreated over anyone.
It was over Ice Climbers before, but I thought it would be better over Olimar because the pikmin can respawn, have different colours, and can be separated and attack while separated. Would it somehow be possible to have Nana respawn (maybe with different colours)? And is there really no way to separate Popo and Nana? Those are the 2 things that I felt were most important for Rosalina, and why I switched her over to Olimar
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 07, 2015, 09:12:23 PM
Well the problem is that they can't really be recreated over anyone.
It was over Ice Climbers before, but I thought it would be better over Olimar because the pikmin can respawn, have different colours, and can be separated and attack while separated. Would it somehow be possible to have Nana respawn (maybe with different colours)? And is there really no way to separate Popo and Nana? Those are the 2 things that I felt were most important for Rosalina, and why I switched her over to Olimar
you are right. Hmm. I found out pikmins have theyre own subactions. So it might be possible. I was thinking for down B, maybe instead of attrcting items, she will attract and stun enimies instead?
Yeah, I've been using their SubActions, but they don't have enough. I had to make Luma share his DownSmash with NeutralAerial, and Dash Attack with FAerial and stuff like that.
I guess that would be better for the DownB, since it's impossible to attract ALL items, only a few like containers and bombs.
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 07, 2015, 11:33:57 PM
Yeah, I've been using their SubActions, but they don't have enough. I had to make Luma share his DownSmash with NeutralAerial, and Dash Attack with FAerial and stuff like that.
I guess that would be better for the DownB, since it's impossible to attract ALL items, only a few like containers and bombs.
well it iss possible to at subactions to articles, but coding them is a different story, i have no idea how to do it. As for the gfx on death, i see there is a death subaction. Just simply add the gfx there.
Will that work? I Thought that that was for when the pikmin took too much damage and died like that
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 08, 2015, 12:46:21 AM
Will that work? I Thought that that was for when the pikmin took too much damage and died like that
it is. But that gfx appears when drowning/falling out of stage aswell
But wouldn't it also appear when Luma takes too much damage and dies onstage?
Post Merge: February 09, 2015, 03:49:40 PM
Another Rosalina & Luma update: I've decided to try using Rosalina's new skeleton from Smash Wii U alongside the model (not Luma's though, since it's the exact same thing). The original one made it so that file size was never an issue, but it made some shapes impossible, which is why I'm trying out the new skeleton. Here's a comparison to show what I mean:
Wait1 animation with original skeleton:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
And Wait1 animation with new skeleton:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
How is the project going??
There's still these problems with Rosalina:
Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on February 07, 2015, 06:21:05 PM
1. make it so that Luma won't return to Rosalina's side and will just float in front of her at a distance
2. Make Luma shine when separated
3. Make Luma always be right in front of her when tethered (Smash 4 ties Luma to a certain bone (TicoN), don't know if I can do that here though)
4. Make all new GFX's for the Galaxy and Gravitational Pull as well as some others
5. Make her Final Smash (which may not be possible)
6. Make Luma respawn 12 or so seconds after the last has died
7. Make it so that if Luma dies offstage, the same GFX that appears when characters fall off will appear
8. Implement sound effects (I have NO IDEA how to do this.... anyone want to help with that?)
9. Add new SubActions for Luma (again, NO IDEA how to do/if it can be done)
10. balance
I've edited some hitboxes on some of her attacks to be like in Smash 4, and I've done a small amount of animations for her new bones. Otherwise, still not much progress :\
As for Milla, I've finished her hair, and I'm going to start animating her:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Love it. Now all we need is mewtwo, ridley, and geno, then brawl is complete.
Quote from: 1blitzer1 on March 13, 2015, 04:21:05 AM
Love it. Now all we need is mewtwo, ridley, and geno, then brawl is complete.
But those 3 are already on the vault, they've got many different models to choose from and they all have PSA's too.
FQuintanilla14 really nice job on the hair, it looks very nice.
Thanks, but the textures are pretty much a compilation of ones from Smash 4:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
IDK why, but that texture looks very familiar. Like Chrom, Lucina, Robin, ZSS, Palutena, and some Zelda mixed in... But you did say that it was just many Smash 4 textures mixed in. Anyway, the hair looks amazing.
As for Rosalina, I can provide you with some of her textures that I fixed up. Like her hair textures have all the proper detail, and I'm working on her dress. Her jewelry is also textured correctly, if you want it.
That's be awesome! Thank you!
Oh, and for Milla's hair, that's a compilation of Lucina (twice), Robin (Female), and Palutena.
Well here are her textures:
http://imgur.com/a/Iw1SL (http://imgur.com/a/Iw1SL)
Can't wait to see how Rosalina and Luma turn out, as well as Milla.
Thanks!
Post Merge: March 16, 2015, 02:42:17 AM
Oh gosh, so I just started fixing Milla's hair rig... Is there anyone out there that wants to help me make the rig better? It's just... soooo much hair.... o_O
Hello,and congrats you made a awesome rosalina character, thanks for your work!! , i tried the demo *i guess its a bit outdate now but still awesome* and just something cross my mind, we already can play with a rosalina on smb4, come on we all loves rosalina from smb4, and you are creating the same rosalina for the brawl *its awesome because that give us the chance to use her to figth with the other mod new characters* but wath if you make a bit diferent rosalina now? , i say, actually in your demo sometimes theres the bug when you accidentally get 3 lumas at the same time, and for some reason found really fun to play with she with that amount of lumas * normally i cant use her because its so hard to hit with she, i guess it needs a bit of work with the hitboxes, but the lumas hitboxes are close to be perfect* and wath if you change the style of figth with rosalina? , will you leave us a demo or a version with a rosalina`s figthing with two lumas ^^? the player rosalina and lumas for you!!! *i swear if you do it i will make you perfect portraits with two lumas , im graphic designer ^^* even if the lumas dont float like smb4, it gives a really fresh diferent way to your character,and its too fun!!! to play with a rosalina with two lumas sounds like the coolest thing ever! and you will have a new rosalina who im sure a lot people will like to use, its a new rosalina!!! ^^
there are a second thing i will like to say, its about the animation of:star bits shot ,i guess rigth now its tooo short, even the double of time will make it look better....just because well you actually just see a flash of animation... dont know how mutch you advance with your character, well the demo its from the half of the past year, and i guess you changed a lot of things yet,but if you dont changed that its just a idea about it ^^.
AND i hope no bored you, i really dont know if its hard to do but well, there in smb4 are a move to shot a HUGE star bit , will be a good move for you to can shot a long big luma shot to work like a distance move? wath do you think ? .... i guess thats all about my random ideas ^^.
i hope my random ideas give you some own ideas too ^^ , TRULLY thank you for make this awesome character, its a awesome job! you are making one of the best characters on BV ^^! ^-^
Honestly, I've been thinking about making Rosalina different, since it's proven to be really difficult to have her act in the same way as she does in Smash 4. In fact, this PSA started as an original Rosalina, but I was so fascinated by the idea of Rosalina fighting with Luma after she was revealed that I changed it to be Smash 4's Rosalina without Luma, and then changed it to include Luma.
If people really want it though, I could make a solo-Rosalina moveset, whether it be Smash 4 Rosalina without the Luma (which wouldn't be too hard since the addition of Luma is what's complicating the PSA), or an original one, if anyone has fun ideas for her moves.
Oh, and the 3 Lumas bug happens on modes where Olimar's entry animation doesn't play, and I still have no idea how to fix that.
As for the animation issue, for some reason in some of Luma's animations it's like pre-determined how long it is, so I've been making most of them similar in length to the pikmin's original animation length.
well my idea its the one of have rosalina with two lumas ^^!!!. can you make a version of your demo where the lumas max spawn rate are 2 ? it will make she diferent from smash 4 and have a diferent figth style,because, well in smash 4 luma cant die so easy because he can float, your lumas here cant float, but if you can summon they and can have two lumas figthing same time i guess its still balance and fun to use... will be nice to can summon the lumas when one die, with some kind of short animation to do it...
Can be usefull to add a bit of damage power when you use the special up power to ^^.
if you wanna add a move, i actually seen a move in one of the sora movesets where sora actually atract enemies and do damage * some kind of gravity power* i guess if you want a diferent new rosalina move you can add something like that... and it will still looks a lot like rosalina ^^ ...... owmm and you can add the spin like the one of she in mario world! * actually its the same one like mario just with a bit more of shine*
this ones are just ideas ^^ , but please if you decide to not do anymore rosalina with luma please just let us have the version with two lumas please !! * i mean to can have two lumas same time *
im sure a lot of people are waiting for your mod, dont give up! you are making a awesome mod ! :kdance:
I'vee been thinking that you can change gravity pull to reflect if you can't make her pull, it can be a non damaging all around her reflector or like naryu's love.