Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - JoeTE

#1
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
April 01, 2014, 10:44:51 PM
Oh man, it's been awhile since I've posted anything in this thread (then again, it's been awhile since I've posted in ANY thread.)

Anyway, here's something I'll be working on soon:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, Beyond's "Hyrule Warriors Link" is looking pretty good so far.
#2
Quote from: Velen on June 04, 2013, 06:16:52 PM
Wow. Didn't expect Alba to pay a visit. You're welcome. =)

I'm sorry about that, man. I didn't mean to come off that way...

JoeTE already tested it. It's coming along nicely but there needs to be a way to increase the surface area of how much of the specular is shown at a time, otherwise we'll be stuck with it being merely C.Falcon-styled shine, and considering Bowser's skin is not made of rubber. I can't have that.
Yeah, the spec map isn't too noticeable in that screenshot I showed earlier.

But that is definitely be fixable, using the information I just sent you via PM.

I'll leave a copy of the information here (just in case anyone else wants to see it and/or the new screenshots I provided.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#3
Since we're now talking about Sonic Colors, I want to bring up a few things (since I also know of the problems being mentioned.)

Quote from: RandomTBush on June 03, 2013, 09:36:30 PM
I do know that Sonic's model has some extra flags that I haven't seen in any other model before... but that's all I know. So there's something that has to be investigated.
Changing those flags doesn't fix that problem. I tired importing a slightly lower-poly version of Shadow's Generations model, I changed all of the flags to match Sonic's original model, and still got the vertex problem.

It definitely seems to be a hard-coded vertex/poly limit. Around a year ago, I re-imported Super Sonic's model (as in, export to .DAE, change a few things in 3DS Max, export it to a new .DAE, and import it with Brawlbox,) and never had that problem (and that was before I learned about those flags.)

As far as Colors modding goes, I just wish I wasn't getting this one problem where saving player_sonic.brres after making ANY changes ends up corrupting the .scn0 files in it. I've know about it for almost a year, but never brought it up because I was assuming it was just a .scn0 compatibility problem in general (rather than a colors-specific one,) and hoping that Brawlbox 0.68's better .scn0 support would have fixed it.

Quote from: Spex130 on June 03, 2013, 10:01:37 PM
I'm glad someone's jumping on that. When I started modding Colors Brawlbox was still breaking even trying to import and replace Colors Models. I never got anywhere, lol.
You probably encountered that .scn0 corruption thing I mentioned above.

Quote from: Mr.MW on June 03, 2013, 09:55:57 PM
does it happen in brawlbox too?
That's the thing. It DOESN'T happen in Brawlbox.
It only happens in-game, and how much it happens depends on where you are in the game.
#4
Quote from: Velen on June 03, 2013, 08:51:08 PM
I need someone who can apply speculars to characters ala C.Falcon.
I could test it for you. I know how to add specular maps to characters.
P.S. - Bowser is my favorite character, so it'd be neat to see him with Specular mapping. :)
#5
Well, looks like one of my Favorite Sonic Characters will finally be joining the Brawl! Good job with that T-pose so far.

Another fun fact: Big WAS originally going to be in the game as an NPC. There are a few unused files that list him as an NPC, and Kyle Hebert (his current Voice Actor) was listed in the game's Credits in spite of the fact that Big never appears in the main game.

Also, I told Segtendo where the statue files were. :)
#6
Quote from: BlackJax-sama on May 29, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
I removed that value because it wasn't actually flags, it was actually the buffer length of the primitive definitions.
The primitive definitions are 224 bytes long, but only 128 bytes of it are used (up to the end of the UVAT groups). The rest of the "section" is filled with 0 (even when the length was set to 160 or 192) so I figured it wasn't necessary.

But apparently it was. I'll make the value editable again and release an update.
Ahh. That makes sense.

Still, changing the length definitely seems to do SOMETHING, and that something has to do with the fact that the objects use more than 1 UV-map. (That's why changing it isn't necessary for characters like Snake and Captain Falcon, since their eyes only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map. It's also why it doesn't seem to be an issue with imported models that only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map for the eyes.)

Thanks for the explanation and the re-editability of that buffer length value. :D

P.S. - Other than that, I've been liking 0.68c so far. Keep up the good work.
#7
So, I have a question.

Does Brawlbox 0.68/0.68b/0.68c have the ability to edit DefFlags values?

Brawlbox has displayed those values since at least version 0.63, and they have been editable since version 0.65.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have not seen any way to view and/or edit those in all 0.68 versions of Brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The DefFlags value is typically 128; however, most Brawl characters with multi-textured eyes use a value of 160 for their eye objects, and at least 1 character (Dedede) uses a value of 192 for their eye objects.

Not changing the value (when appropriate) typically causes problems with the eye meshes for any character that uses multi-textured eye materials, such as glitchy UV-mapping and/or glitchy textures.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So, is there a way to edit those in 0.68/b/c? Or will I have to keep using 0.67b whenever I want to edit them?
#8
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 29, 2013, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: Mr.MW on May 29, 2013, 02:57:29 AM
also dat ganon looks sexy
i see spec maps
Thanks. Yeah, the black "chainmail" has a spec map (just like it does on the finished Melee Ganon model, and just like it did in Melee itself.)

Quote from: fake_jokekid on May 29, 2013, 07:57:32 AM
i promise i was yelling OMG in real life...
that is too epic for words, can't wait dude!
Well, you won't have to wait for very long.
I should have it finished within the next hour or two. :D

Quote from: Syeo on May 29, 2013, 08:50:29 AM
That looks awesome. Actually the eyes look pretty cool without the eye irises. You should use these eyes for his FS so he'll looke like the Ganon who shows his Triforce right before his final transformation.
That's actually a really good idea. I'm definitely going to do that! :D
#9
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 29, 2013, 02:43:08 AM
So, I imported Melee Ganondorf. Now, I'm working on this:

(Ignore the lack of eye irises. This is a 3DS Max Render, and I didn't feel like making the irises visible.)
I still need to properly rig the shoulder-mounted cape and fix a few minor details, but I should have everything done within a day or two.
#10
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 26, 2013, 10:48:05 PM
In fact, I've only found 2 small flaws, but I've been curious about his hack and I've made my own edits to it. They're a small rigging problem on the neck, and some other under the right arm. Nothing really to care about, but I wanted to perfect it for personal use. I've also changed some small problem with the earrings material, made some change in the yellow eyes shader, and made it not to be double-sided in general.

I've also made a rim lighting version of that edit of JoeTE's hack, and I'll release that one as a collab if I get his permission. I'll also tell him about the small issues in case he wants to fix them in his hack.
Feel free to release your rim lighting version of Melee Ganondorf.

Also, I'd love to hear about those minor issues that you fixed (especially the fix for the earring material.)
#11
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 24, 2013, 07:24:36 PM
Melee Ganon has his sword now!

Additionally, I improved most of the transparency-based materials, and added a things that were missing in my previous screenshots (the sphere at the end of the earrings, the half-sphere coverings on the various orange "gems," the chains on his forehead bling, and the specular mapping on the black "chainmail" parts.)

Now I only need to make the recolors. :)
#12
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 24, 2013, 02:27:23 AM
Quote from: Segtendo on May 24, 2013, 02:07:24 AM
The Triforce? O:
Nice Melee Ganon. Mewtwo was gonna make one. Will he have expressions?
Yep, it's his Triforce mark from Ocarina of Time.

I knew that Mewtwo2000 had shown a screenshot of it awhile back. I haven't seen him bring it up since then, so I decided to try it myself. :D

And yes, he has expressions. Here's one example (Showing a combo of his "angry" and "talk" vertex sets):
#13
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 24, 2013, 02:03:25 AM
Well, nobody else seems to have made a full attempt at this, so here goes:

Yep. It's Melee Ganondorf.
About 80% of the model consists of parts from Ganondorf's original Melee model. Half of the arms, half of the legs, and the hands were based on Mariokart64n's vertex'd Melee Ganondorf (though I moved/deleted/welded a few vertices, and completely re-did the UV-mapping on all of those.)

The model itself is mostly finished. It has proper texturing, proper UV-mapping, full compatibility for Ganondorf's .SHP0 animations, and it's rigged as well as I can get it to be.
Now I just need to make recolors, and replace the sword with Ganondorf's Melee sword.

P.S.:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#14
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 19, 2013, 02:08:46 AM
Quote from: Segtendo on May 19, 2013, 12:09:57 AM
Is that... Striker Bowser? :o
Yep. Nobody else has done a proper model yet, so I decided to make one.

Quote from: Gamma on May 18, 2013, 09:43:06 PM
I, uh... I know I just met you, and this is crazy, but I love you.
Thanks.

Quote from: Thyrus on May 18, 2013, 09:57:59 PM
Someone is finally doing this, thank you! *-*
I also like how your are importing/doing his 'acessories' over Brawl Bowser instead of just using the game's model.
You're welcome.
Also, importing accessories and parts onto Brawl models is what I do for most of my Model imports.

Quote from: joke king on May 18, 2013, 09:45:44 PM
looks epic, but the shell looks kinda weird...
Care to elaborate?
#15
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
May 18, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
It's been awhile since I've posted anything in here.
Anyway, I've been working on this for the past few days:

I'm still working on some recolors, and making sure that there aren't any serious errors (not counting the various parts clipping through each other, which can't really be avoided without animation edits.)