Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 972 973 974 [975] 976 977 978 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3862824 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14610 on: May 28, 2013, 11:21:40 PM »

*waits for the dl link to be updated in the vault*

It's updated...
    I can edit the zip without changing the download link since I'm using dropbox.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14611 on: May 29, 2013, 01:23:37 AM »

It's updated...
    I can edit the zip without changing the download link since I'm using dropbox.
    oh.. im not used to dropbox cause i was like waiting for the "brawlbox 68c" to be blue instead of a link that i already clicked on x_x

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14612 on: May 29, 2013, 05:26:57 AM »

holy sweet
    an update already Cheesy

you're beginning to impress me BJ Smiley

now I need to catch up XDD

EDIT:
    but like my quote on my SWF thread states, dev5 is gonna be a bomber Wink

if dev5 can't deliver...
    SHOOT MEH AND BURN MY CORPSE UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT OF MEH! >=D
    I'll only just respawn XD
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:45:42 AM by DarkPika » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14613 on: May 29, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »

holy sweet
    an update already Cheesy

you're beginning to impress me BJ Smiley

now I need to catch up XDD

EDIT:
    but like my quote on my SWF thread states, dev5 is gonna be a bomber Wink

if dev5 can't deliver...
    SHOOT MEH AND BURN MY CORPSE UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT OF MEH! >=D
    I'll only just respawn XD

Lol thanks
    OP better deliver!

Snivy
    Supreme Kitten

H-hello.

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14614 on: May 29, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »

Lol thanks OP better deliver!
    OP's usually don't deliver, but I don't know about this guy... >_> lol, Just kidding, I don't want to hurt your feelings...

My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
    PM me your FC as well, K?
    In my Friend Safari:
    Pictures are from: http://www.pkparaiso.com
    My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
    I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

jimbo1qaz
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14615 on: May 29, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »

Because my old post got lost some 4 pages back...
    It still crashes when I import anything but the default.
    The default has all polygons in a group, and when I explode everything, it doesn't work.
    I tested the skpMake/1explode which is simply the default person exploded, and it fails with an OutOfMemory error, despite me having more than 13GB free.
    Here are the test files: http://bayfiles.net/file/QpiT/BoKi3d/brawlBoxTestFiles.zip
    I did all tests with "Force Float [all]" on and "Add Color Nodes..." off and type set to Stage/Item, and it crashes with all files but the 0's.

Are you planning on fixing it any time soon, or am I just rushing you right after a release?
    And also the 0 files are probably invalid for MKWii purposes, as they contain groups. It doesn't really matter if they work or not, as long as the rest work. And if you can get all files to work, it would be even better.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14616 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »

Because my old post got lost some 4 pages back...Are you planning on fixing it any time soon, or am I just rushing you right after a release?
    And also the 0 files are probably invalid for MKWii purposes, as they contain groups. It doesn't really matter if they work or not, as long as the rest work. And if you can get all files to work, it would be even better.

So what program are you using to make the collada file?

jimbo1qaz
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14617 on: May 29, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »

I used Sketchup 8 and Make.
    I don't know if there's any file-structural difference, but only the 0 files import properly. All the rest crash with an error, generally an "object reference not set to instance..." error.
    And I can't find the Dropbox download.
    Edit: Download the files here. I didn't zip one of the files.
    Edit2: Aaaaand... skpMake/2rect.dae works when I put the rectangle into a group. I really think it's a group-handling problem. And does 3ds Max always put everything into a group? (e: it's skpMake, not that it should matter)
    Edit3: I don't know if 3ds Max exports have groups, as Sketchup automatically makes groups out of all imports but seems to remove all groups already present?. But it makes sense that grouping's the reason for the broken import. Is that intentional?
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:49:07 PM by jimbo1qaz » Logged

JoeTE
    Advanced Kitten

All life form data, successfully copied!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14618 on: May 29, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »

So, I have a question.

Does Brawlbox 0.68/0.68b/0.68c have the ability to edit DefFlags values?

Brawlbox has displayed those values since at least version 0.63, and they have been editable since version 0.65.
    This is a screenshot of Brawlbox 0.67b, using Bowser's original .pac file. I put a circle around the value that I'm referring to.

I have not seen any way to view and/or edit those in all 0.68 versions of Brawlbox.
    This is a screenshot of Brawlbox 0.68c, using the same .pac file as the previous screenshot.

The DefFlags value is typically 128; however, most Brawl characters with multi-textured eyes use a value of 160 for their eye objects, and at least 1 character (Dedede) uses a value of 192 for their eye objects.

Not changing the value (when appropriate) typically causes problems with the eye meshes for any character that uses multi-textured eye materials, such as glitchy UV-mapping and/or glitchy textures.
    Here's an example. This is what Dedede's eyes are supposed to look like (shown in a model import with properly changed DefFlags values):

But, when the eye objects from the same model have a DefFlags value of 128, they end up looking like this:

Notice how only the eye-white texture shows up properly, and how you can see a tiny dot that looks like his iris?

Keep in mind: this is just one example. The glitchy effects can be quite varied depending on the character, as well as whether the model was an original Brawl model or not.

So, is there a way to edit those in 0.68/b/c? Or will I have to keep using 0.67b whenever I want to edit them?

JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #14619 on: May 29, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »

Wow, that's actually quite a noticeable part of importing, BJ if we can't edit this in v0.68 you might need to make another version, or atleast update v0.68c.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14620 on: May 29, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »

I used Sketchup 8 and Make.
    I don't know if there's any file-structural difference, but only the 0 files import properly. All the rest crash with an error, generally an "object reference not set to instance..." error.
    And I can't find the Dropbox download.
    Edit: Download the files here. I didn't zip one of the files.
    Edit2: Aaaaand... skpMake/2rect.dae works when I put the rectangle into a group. I really think it's a group-handling problem. And does 3ds Max always put everything into a group? (e: it's skpMake, not that it should matter)
    Edit3: I don't know if 3ds Max exports have groups, as Sketchup automatically makes groups out of all imports but seems to remove all groups already present?. But it makes sense that grouping's the reason for the broken import. Is that intentional?

From looking at the DAE, I can already see the problem.
    Brawlbox's importer reads each node as either a bone or an object with a single geometry instance, like this:

But your sketchup models have only one object with many geometry instances.

There isn't even a node matrix (implying it's just the identity matrix).

The only way I can think of fixing this would be to create a new object for every geometry instance in a mesh node.

So, I have a question.

Does Brawlbox 0.68/0.68b/0.68c have the ability to edit DefFlags values?

Brawlbox has displayed those values since at least version 0.63, and they have been editable since version 0.65.
    This is a screenshot of Brawlbox 0.67b, using Bowser's original .pac file. I put a circle around the value that I'm referring to.

I have not seen any way to view and/or edit those in all 0.68 versions of Brawlbox.
    This is a screenshot of Brawlbox 0.68c, using the same .pac file as the previous screenshot.

The DefFlags value is typically 128; however, most Brawl characters with multi-textured eyes use a value of 160 for their eye objects, and at least 1 character (Dedede) uses a value of 192 for their eye objects.

Not changing the value (when appropriate) typically causes problems with the eye meshes for any character that uses multi-textured eye materials, such as glitchy UV-mapping and/or glitchy textures.
    Here's an example. This is what Dedede's eyes are supposed to look like (shown in a model import with properly changed DefFlags values):

But, when the eye objects from the same model have a DefFlags value of 128, they end up looking like this:

Notice how only the eye-white texture shows up properly, and how you can see a tiny dot that looks like his iris?

Keep in mind: this is just one example. The glitchy effects can be quite varied depending on the character, as well as whether the model was an original Brawl model or not.

So, is there a way to edit those in 0.68/b/c? Or will I have to keep using 0.67b whenever I want to edit them?

I removed that value because it wasn't actually flags, it was actually the buffer length of the primitive definitions.
    The primitive definitions are 224 bytes long, but only 128 bytes of it are used (up to the end of the UVAT groups). The rest of the "section" is filled with 0 (even when the length was set to 160 or 192) so I figured it wasn't necessary.

But apparently it was. I'll make the value editable again and release an update.

Wow, that's actually quite a noticeable part of importing, BJ if we can't edit this in v0.68 you might need to make another version, or atleast update v0.68c.

Don't get your panties in a twist, I'll update v0.68c

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #14621 on: May 29, 2013, 05:52:45 PM »

Not sure if sarcastic since I'm a male... I see what you did there ...

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Flutterbombsexmachine
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14622 on: May 29, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »

Hey, a copy and paste collisions function would be nice if that's possible.
    V0.68c is orking smooth for me so far.

JoeTE
    Advanced Kitten

All life form data, successfully copied!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #14623 on: May 29, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »

I removed that value because it wasn't actually flags, it was actually the buffer length of the primitive definitions.
    The primitive definitions are 224 bytes long, but only 128 bytes of it are used (up to the end of the UVAT groups). The rest of the "section" is filled with 0 (even when the length was set to 160 or 192) so I figured it wasn't necessary.

But apparently it was. I'll make the value editable again and release an update.
    Ahh. That makes sense.

Still, changing the length definitely seems to do SOMETHING, and that something has to do with the fact that the objects use more than 1 UV-map. (That's why changing it isn't necessary for characters like Snake and Captain Falcon, since their eyes only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map. It's also why it doesn't seem to be an issue with imported models that only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map for the eyes.)

Thanks for the explanation and the re-editability of that buffer length value. Cheesy

P.S. - Other than that, I've been liking 0.68c so far. Keep up the good work.

JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14624 on: May 29, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »

Ahh. That makes sense.

Still, changing the length definitely seems to do SOMETHING, and that something has to do with the fact that the objects use more than 1 UV-map. (That's why changing it isn't necessary for characters like Snake and Captain Falcon, since their eyes only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map. It's also why it doesn't seem to be an issue with imported models that only use 1 texture and 1 UV-map for the eyes.)

Thanks for the explanation and the re-editability of that buffer length value. Cheesy

P.S. - Other than that, I've been liking 0.68c so far. Keep up the good work.

Actually, I can auto-calculate the length:
        If Tex2 through Tex7 are not present, the final 96 bytes do not need to be sent.
        If Tex5 through Tex7 are not present, the final 64 bytes do not need to be sent.
        If Tex7 is not present, the final 32 bytes do not need to be sent.

224 - 96 = 128
    224 - 64 = 160
    224 - 32 = 192

"Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."

So it won't be editable still, but the problem is FIXED. Awesome Face

Hey, a copy and paste collisions function would be nice if that's possible.
    V0.68c is orking smooth for me so far.

Like, copy and paste a collision object? I could probably do that.

Also glad to hear v0.68c is working for you guys.

Pages:  1 ... 972 973 974 [975] 976 977 978 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: