Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)

Started by ethanrodgers223, June 29, 2010, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 29, 2010, 07:16:47 PM #270 Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:25:10 PM by Sumire Omelette
It looks like a magic spell that does physical damage, and that's all I can tell.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ruin

But Ruinga looks like an explosion of some kind... that looks more like a down B. The picture of Ruin is really unclear, though...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ruinga

So how do you think it should work?

Hows about putting Odin in for a Final Smash?

Naw, I'm just kidding, that would be impossible to do.

Hmm...maybe you could have Army of One as her Final Smash, and make it look something similar to Link's Final Smash, but with a few kicks and gunshots thrown in for good measure?

What do you think?
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


^ i agree with you, Army of One would be a great move for the Final Smash and ruinga has a wide radius and some start up, can that be applied to a move in brawl?

Quote from: mr pants on August 29, 2010, 07:53:45 PM
Hows about putting Odin in for a Final Smash?

Naw, I'm just kidding, that would be impossible to do.

Hmm...maybe you could have Army of One as her Final Smash, and make it look something similar to Link's Final Smash, but with a few kicks and gunshots thrown in for good measure?

What do you think?

So Ike's FS animations (not Link's because he's left handed), retexture some of that fire stuff into that white stuff when Lightning hits someone, and add in some kicks and gunshots.

And can you elaborate more in Ruinga? I can definitely do a wide radius and quick startup. Really, I can do almost everything besides homing and Odin, I think... just don't go crazy.

August 30, 2010, 12:15:58 AM #274 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:13:35 AM by mr pants
Quote from: Sumire Omelette on August 29, 2010, 11:40:36 PM
And can you elaborate more in Ruinga? I can definitely do a wide radius and quick startup. Really, I can do almost everything besides homing and Odin, I think... just don't go crazy.

Sure. Ruinga is the bigger version of ruin, with a few more tweaks. Ruin is just a small ball of randomly alternating black-to-white energy with a really long trail of that energy. It has a very small explosive impact, (sort of like throwing a regular capsule at someone) and deals physical magic damage, instead of elemental, like fire, for example.

Ruinga is that, but the ball is bigger, and it deals a massive explosion on impact, dealing AoE damage to surrounding enemies and it is big enough to cover at least a third Final Destination. So like the smart bomb, but an instant expand, and a tiny bit smaller.
(Did I elaborate enough for ya? I completed FFXIII, so I know my stuff XD...but you may have already known what ruinga does...)

Basically this
 ¦
 V
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And I was joking about Odin btw ;D
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


Hey, maybe you cant have Odin, but you may be able to do the Zantetsuken finisher, where she spins in midair sword outstretched (it breaks the screen in the game, but im sure you cant replicate). This could be a fall back, in case something goes wrong with programming Army of One.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Great idea.
Sumire, you should probably consider that a contingency FS huh? That can't be too hard to make can it?
I might just take a stab at it myself. My knowledge of PSA isn't THAT good, but it doesn't sound too hard.
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


Quote from: mr pants on August 30, 2010, 12:15:58 AM
Sure. Ruinga is the bigger version of ruin, with a few more tweaks. Ruin is just a small ball of randomly alternating black-to-white energy that has a very small explosive impact and deals physical magic damage, instead of elemental, like fire, for example.

Ruinga is that, but the ball is bigger, and it deals a massive explosion on impact, dealing AoE damage to surrounding enemies and it is big enough to cover at least a third Final Destination. So like the smart bomb, but an instant expand, and a tiny bit smaller.
(Did I elaborate enough for ya? I completed FFXIII, so I know my stuff XD...but you may have already known what ruinga does...)

Basically this
  ¦
  V
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And I was joking about Odin btw ;D

O.O Wow... what a perfect video!

So down B is Ruinga.

On the ground, she'll throw a small white ball and once it hits the enemy, they'll be juggled in the air a little bit, and then if they can't get out of the way, large explosion!

What about in the air? It can't be the same because the hitbox would fall with Lightning...

And yeah, I know you were kidding about Odin :)

What does Zantetsuken look like? Army of One shouldn't be too hard to make, but it's always nice to have a backup!

August 30, 2010, 04:15:29 AM #278 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:19:50 AM by Thundaga_T2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhyF482Jlc&feature=related

Here is a video of her summoning Odin, then using the Zantetsuken attack at the end.

Also if you can, maybe you can have Ruinga shoot straight down in midair, along with a small vertical boost (but only the first time its done, you would have to land to use the vertical boost from the move again). Subsequent uses of the move will still do the attack, but no longer give a jump boost. Either that, or only allow it to be used once in midair.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on August 30, 2010, 04:15:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhyF482Jlc&feature=related

Here is a video of her summoning Odin, then using the Zantetsuken attack at the end.

Wow, perfect video! (And that is a very flashy move.)

OK, I got a new idea.

How about she hits you like Ike's first beginning hit, spins up like she does in Zantetsuken and drags the opponent up like Link's spin attack, and then does Army of One in the air?

August 30, 2010, 04:21:31 AM #280 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:26:35 AM by Thundaga_T2
Quote from: Sumire Omelette on August 30, 2010, 04:17:44 AM
Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on August 30, 2010, 04:15:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhyF482Jlc&feature=related

Here is a video of her summoning Odin, then using the Zantetsuken attack at the end.

Wow, perfect video! (And that is a very flashy move.)

OK, I got a new idea.

How about she hits you like Ike's first beginning hit, spins up like she does in Zantetsuken and drags the opponent up like Link's spin attack, and then does Army of One in the air?


That sounds like a really cool idea, maybe you can add the graphic from when crate items break open to replicate the screen shattering effect.

Also read my post (the one with the Zantetsuken video on it, to see my suggestions for aerial down+B
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

There's actually a graphic that looks like rainbow glass breaking that looks absolutely amazing and I use whenever I can.

Quote from: Sumire Omelette on August 30, 2010, 04:10:29 AM
O.O Wow... what a perfect video!

So down B is Ruinga.

On the ground, she'll throw a small white ball and once it hits the enemy, they'll be juggled in the air a little bit, and then if they can't get out of the way, large explosion!

What about in the air? It can't be the same because the hitbox would fall with Lightning...

And yeah, I know you were kidding about Odin :)

What does Zantetsuken look like? Army of One shouldn't be too hard to make, but it's always nice to have a backup!


I was thinking that you could do with Ruin/ Ruinga what the original plans for Fire/ Fira were. Press the button once and launch a small ball. Charge it to launch a more powerful attack. Think Samus' B attack.

Then in the air, you could have Ruin (The smaller one) fired down at the ground at the angle that Sheik throws her needles? But at the rate of Mario's fireballs?

And about Army of One...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Give us a shout should you need any more assistance.  ;D
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


August 30, 2010, 04:33:48 AM #283 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:37:01 AM by Thundaga_T2
I can think up another move, that you could possibly use, although its not an actual attack or anything from the game. But I had an idea for a slow moving attack (about as long as warlock punch maybe) that will stagger (sheild stun) the opponent if it connects, but deals no damage. No idea of what animation could be used for it though.

Stagger is a gameplay element in XIII

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=Stagger&go=1
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on August 30, 2010, 04:33:48 AM
I can think up another move, that you could possibly use, although its not an actual attack or anything from the game. But I had an idea for a slow moving attack (about as long as warlock punch maybe) that will stagger (sheild stun) the opponent if it connects, but deals no damage. No idea of what animation could be used for it though.

Stagger is a gameplay element in XIII

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=Stagger&go=1


That would actually be quite awesome. An instant shield breaker would go nicely in Lightning's moveset. (I love staggering enemies, it's funny)

But where would we put it? All of her specials are taken up by magic (I think), so if this move were taken into consideration, it might have to be a smash? Possibly a fully charged Forward smash?
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'