Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29
Author Topic: Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)  (Read 135686 times)
Hollow
Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: July 27, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »

I'll tweak the moveset however you want. It's your PSA, after all.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

Project Lightning Overseer. I OVERSEE THINGS.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: July 27, 2010, 08:15:20 AM »

Well I mean, the idea for the moveset is on the OP. So I guess you can go from there. It's pretty detailed. ^ ^

Also, I want you to put your own ideas into it, Hollow. YOU are doing the work, after all. If you have any ideas, share them!

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: July 27, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »

I don't have very many ideas that you would like. Plus, I don't know lightning very well.

I'll go watch some lightning videos to find some cool moves I could put in there.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: July 27, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »

You don't know if I won't like them sweetie, just share them. ^ ^

And you don't have to look up any videos, the moves are on the OP, but I mean, if that helps you out, more power to you. Any chance you can make her battle pose look decent? It's on the OP, too.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: July 27, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »

I revamped the wait pose, because it looked really bad. Here's what it looks like now:

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: July 27, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »

Her back needs arched WAY more. Her feet also face the front, not the side. It's just like she's standing with one foot infront of the other (left foot first) and her body is just kind of turned.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: July 27, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »

Back from camp! So... what do I do now?

EDIT: I'm really sorry that I left without any warning at all, and the moveset is terrible because I couldn't test it at all, but think i can improve it. A lot of the moves only have animations done and not PSA, so they're weird because they're only half done. I guess if you want it to be over Diddy Kong, that's alright, because I'd be fine with whatever. I can make Aero and Cure and all that stuff, I'm pretty sure all of the moves are within my skill level. I just have to say that I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly for a long time and leaving behind a piece of crap for you guys to work with.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:19:40 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: July 27, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »

Haha you're fine! At least you left us something!

Hollow is going to help us out on the PSA; he's far more experienced, but don't worry, it's a mutual effort.

He's also working on Aero and Cure. For Aero, he's making her Teleport and then leave a trail of sparks behind. It's not exactly Aero, but I'm fine with it. Sounds awesome.

We're going to keep it over Ike for now. Once the PSA is COMPLETELY FINISHED, we'll port it over Diddy Kong, but that's FAR away, most likely a year from now.

I posted above what moves I tested out, and what needs to be worked on.

Hopefully we can get the Wait animation to look better than it is, she looks awkwardly posed.

Fire (Firaga) and Thunder (Thundaga) need to be chargeable above all.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: July 28, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »

I don't really understand how Cure is going to work... how do you charge it? I mean, how would you charge it in-game, not code-wise?

Is it like doing Cure once but not curing yourself is one charge? And then after some number of charges, you can use the move?

I kinda see it working like this:

Pressing down-B makes you use Cure. At the very beginning, it'll add one to your charge level. If you press down-B a second time during the animation, then you'll heal right then and your charges will drop to zero, but you'll still have to wait until the end of the long animation.

The graphics could be something along the lines of Pit's entry GFX but retextured green, or if that's unavailable, I'm sure something else would work well, too. The second down-B press wlll bring up some sort of green or blue-ish glow, maybe 1F or something?

Also, I think to charge Fire and Thunder, it should be more of a traditional smash-charge-ish kinda thing, where you hold it for as long as possible and the maximum charge is Firaga or Thundaga, and it'll let go automatically when you reach that point. Both of these moves are definitely doable, but anyone can change it if they don't like it.

Also, I can have lot more experience than it looks...  Im srs here

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: July 28, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »

Yeah, i've never done any charging yet, so you have the experience here.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: July 28, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »

Where can I get the latest files to start work on this again? Are they just the most recent links in this thread or have they been updated since then?

Also, I'll start working on CSS stuff for people using ASF1nk's various CSS's now.

EDIT: Done!

You have a choice of one of 5 different pictures for the portrait and 2 for the little picture:

I couldn't find where to get the background for his purple Brawl- CSS, though...

If you want them, just right-click on them and go to Save Image As.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, the down tilt animation is really ZSS's down-B, so there should be a definite flip of some kind... is Moves Character not checked? I think I forgot about it.
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:42:31 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: July 29, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »

I don't really understand how Cure is going to work... how do you charge it? I mean, how would you charge it in-game, not code-wise?

Is it like doing Cure once but not curing yourself is one charge? And then after some number of charges, you can use the move?

I kinda see it working like this:

Pressing down-B makes you use Cure. At the very beginning, it'll add one to your charge level. If you press down-B a second time during the animation, then you'll heal right then and your charges will drop to zero, but you'll still have to wait until the end of the long animation.

The graphics could be something along the lines of Pit's entry GFX but retextured green, or if that's unavailable, I'm sure something else would work well, too. The second down-B press wlll bring up some sort of green or blue-ish glow, maybe 1F or something?

Also, I think to charge Fire and Thunder, it should be more of a traditional smash-charge-ish kinda thing, where you hold it for as long as possible and the maximum charge is Firaga or Thundaga, and it'll let go automatically when you reach that point. Both of these moves are definitely doable, but anyone can change it if they don't like it.

Also, I can have lot more experience than it looks...  Im srs here

Cure is a charge move, Like Samus's B or Donkey Kong's B. However, they're are three charge stages based on how long you hold: just like Samus' B is gets bigger the longer you charge. Cure heals 5% if you charge for 3 seconds.. If you charge for 5/6 seconds then release, 10% is healed, and if you charge 10 seconds (think Ike's fully charged B) it heals 60%.

HOWEVER, the heal shouldn't happen as soon as B is pressed. It needs to happen as soon as its RELEASED.

If you can't do it that way, your way sounds fine. I just would like some kind of originality in this project from me, because it doesn't even feel like my idea anymore. :/ I'm trying to learn how to PSA so I can at least help a little.

I hope that makes things easier to understand.

Also, awesome CSS pictures! But could you a NORMAL CSS Icon? Oh her face in the THIRD CSP Picture?

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: July 29, 2010, 07:17:03 AM »

Well, 60% healed is kinda....um....overpowered, I'd say. I mean, maybe 20% or even 30%, but I think 60% is too much. After all, this isn't a Super Onslaught.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: July 29, 2010, 07:22:09 AM »

Yeah, true. but I wanted it to play off as High Risk, High Reward. Letting yourself stand still for 10 seconds is a HUGE risk, dont you think? But I guess 30% is fine.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: July 29, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »

Cure is a charge move, Like Samus's B or Donkey Kong's B. However, they're are three charge stages based on how long you hold: just like Samus' B is gets bigger the longer you charge. Cure heals 5% if you charge for 3 seconds.. If you charge for 5/6 seconds then release, 10% is healed, and if you charge 10 seconds (think Ike's fully charged B) it heals 60%.

HOWEVER, the heal shouldn't happen as soon as B is pressed. It needs to happen as soon as its RELEASED.

If you can't do it that way, your way sounds fine. I just would like some kind of originality in this project from me, because it doesn't even feel like my idea anymore. :/ I'm trying to learn how to PSA so I can at least help a little.

I hope that makes things easier to understand.

Also, awesome CSS pictures! But could you a NORMAL CSS Icon? Oh her face in the THIRD CSP Picture?

I can definitely do it that way; in fact, I think I've written a guide on how to do charges that way...

And your way makes more sense, so I can do that.

Wasn't Silent Doom making the normal CSS stuff...? I guess I can do it myself, though.

EDIT: I don't know the fonts that you use for those things... so I don't think I can do it.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:28:22 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: