Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I now have the Boss's textures as well.

I should warn you of the format. If you don't have a program that can open .DDS like Photoshop or 3DS Max, get one, cause BB can't use .DDS image formats.
http://www.mediafire.com/?os0377kcldotu18

October 21, 2012, 02:06:10 PM #961 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:19:39 PM by ▂▃▄Big Boss▄▃▂
I should probably inform you of the creation of this:





And this:



[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

October 23, 2012, 11:18:24 PM #962 Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:43:59 PM by Eternal Yoshi

Can you see a difference?


What about this? Can you spot the difference?

So HD is just "remove artifacts and make characters just barely less old with HD text"?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

January 02, 2013, 02:48:00 PM #964 Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:02:40 PM by irishladdie727
So hi guys.  It's me, you know, the guy who started this thread. I'm back for like three seconds.  There's little to no chance of me getting back into hacking, at least not now, as I'm too busy with other things, but I thought you guys could make use of this thread over on Facepunch:http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1188569, where they've ripped quite a few models and textures from Portable Ops and the HD Collection, this thread:http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1112792, where they've grabbed quite a few models from Twin Snakes, and this thread:http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1227430, which is stuff from Peace Walker.  That's a lot of potential character hacks.  Godspeed.

And for those wondering what I'm doing, I'm very slowly compiling a huge ass MGS3HD texture collection. It'll be a long time before it's done since I'm only at like 15% completion.

Hopefully we get Peace Walker stuff together later...
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but...

Oh God my eyes yes.





Slow but steady progress.
Obtained Sword Glow.
Also those tentacles will grab and throw things.... somehow.

January 13, 2013, 08:55:57 AM #969 Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:03:46 AM by Dr.
@Eternal Yoshi, kind of OFF-topic so spoiler
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm diging that solidus, best regards.

I appreciate the feedback, but the HD textures are not technically mine; I ripped them from the HD version of Metal Gear Solid 2 frorm the MGS HD collection.

Anyway, I have to do a rig check on the tentacles. Thankfully I keep scenes of all exportable models so it should only take like 15 minutes.

Who is Solidus over? Snake? Could you port him over someone else later like Olimar?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Solidus has to stay over Snake at this point because of Articles. Just ask for a perfect .rel for Snake in the other thread or something.

More teaser pics because I'm bored.



I made a new fthrow for him based off of Cervantes's Bile Lunges. Still a WIP.


Still cannot get these tentacles to grab...
In the meantime I just "put" regular hitboxes on it.

Well I'd love it if there were PAL .rel porting now. This is the only thing that would make me want such.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Bump
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]