Essential PSA Information

Started by Segab, August 04, 2009, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Pretz on September 19, 2009, 09:20:59 PM
has anyone been experimenting with any of the other codes that move the character, because an awful lot of movement is done without that code in the originals which makes it very difficult to understand how it works and what does what

Some moves like walking already have pre-programmed movement in the animation itself. Unchecking 'Moves Character' gets rid of this.



September 20, 2009, 01:28:38 AM #151 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:40:34 AM by Pretz
yeah thats not what im talking about

it actually uses code inside the special, all the animations are without preprogrammed movement, but PSA doesnt define the code

the example im using is the directable movement of sheiks teleport

move character would never be able to do that, yet i can tell the code is instructing it to do so

take a look at second and third actions that are run after the UpB action of sheiks special

Quote from: Pretz on September 20, 2009, 01:28:38 AM
yeah thats not what im talking about

it actually uses code inside the special, all the animations are without preprogrammed movement, but PSA doesnt define the code

the example im using is the directable movement of sheiks teleport

move character would never be able to do that, yet i can tell the code is instructing it to do so

take a look at second and third actions that are run after the UpB action of sheiks special

Ah okay, apparently I have no clue what I'm talking about =P

Yeah, directional movement is still a mystery.



Flags are organized like

XX??YYZZ

XX = Graphic
YY = Sound
ZZ = Flag
?? Might be graphic size

uh XX is not the graphic, since all I can find is 02 or 03.
and when XX is 00, the attack doesn't hit.

I know for certain that the sound carries into the second to last hex digit, too. I thought that the first two first digits were priority.

Quote from: UMOP on September 27, 2009, 02:21:51 AM
I know for certain that the sound carries into the second to last hex digit, too. I thought that the first two first digits were priority.
yeah that's more like it.

will this be updated with new valueable info? (that is if anything new has been found)

I love this info, I'm new to psa, I tried to make sub zero, but, I'm way too perfectionist to make it my self, any mystakes make me want to give up, and being new to this makes me have problems, I can learn this with examples and stuff, and this thread shows a lot of interesting info's

I would love to have just one explination, is about the X and Y offsets for the GFX and offensive collisions

what amount of possitive/negative numbers makes the gfx/offensive collision appear where (as in steps and such) infront or back of the character

a good example would be whats the size of one of the 2 low plattaforms from battlefield (sides size, prolly X offset, I forgot lol)

and whats the size from the floor to the top plattaform from battlefield (I think this would be theupward/downward size or Y offset)

if you could help me with this with a graphical method (graphic paper or maybe a picture ingame showing the size and stuff, if you could pm me with this, I will be encourage to start over a project I've been waiting for

Er... I don't know if this will help you, but consider one "scalar" to be one pixel. (This is the way I think of it...) Consider all of your offsets being zero as the origin of a 3D graph. If your bone is zero, the origin is at the middle and bottom of your feet. Change the bone, you can change the origin. 5 scalars on your y-offset is about halfway up your body (for Lucas at least...), to put it in perspective. I dunno about the height of the Battlefield platforms, but I would guess 30 or so. I dunno.

Can anyone clarify about the flags? If I copied the 3rd and 4th and 5th last digits of Ike's attacks and gave them to Marth, would his slashes make explosion noises?

December 06, 2009, 08:46:48 PM #159 Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:00:51 PM by Ice God64
Removed for inaccuracy

My bad guys.

Well, there's a treasure trove of PSA info here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246651
and a lot more around the Smash Workshop on Smashboards.

Flags go like this:
XX?YY?ZZ

XX- Priority. Most of Falcon's moves have 39, so I assume that means low. A lot of Marth's moves use 3A. 32(Marth Dancing Blade) and 22(Most of Meta Knight's moves) seem to be Transcending priority.

First ?- no idea

YY- Affects whether the hitbox can affect only a grounded opponent, opponent in midair, or both.

10, 11 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is grounded.
21 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is in the air.
22 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is in the air.,
30, 31 - Offensive collision bubble will appear regardless of opponent's state.
(List by Phantom Wings)

Second ?- I guess this affects sfx, I really don't know. Maybe both the ? flags affect sfx/

ZZ- Flags affecting hitbox property.
00 - hit
01 - none
02 - slash
03 - electricity
04 - Ice
05 - Flame
06 - Coin
07 - Cape
08 - Slip
09 - Sleep
0A - none
0B - impale (like DK's side B)
0C - Stun
0E - Flower
0F - none
10 - none
11 - slash 2
12 - hit 2
13 - Darkness
14 - Stun (more like hitlag)
15 - Aura (unfortunately the Aura effect doesn't make all characters get stronger with more damage.)
16 - Impale 2
17 - Down
18 - No Flinch
(list from OP)


Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

I haven't read through all posts in this thread so I don't know whether this was mentioned before:
You are counting the "If Button pressed" in hex.
D-Pad right is "0A". Thst's wrong. I used it and it didn't work. After that I tried "10" for D-Pad right. Now it works. You have to count in Decimal not in Hex for "If Button pressed"

Can someone update the first post. I don't want to seek through the whole thread for information I need.

I hope the OP gets Updated with most of the "http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8225324&postcount=1"

since in there the info is set by the date they have been posted, but would be usefull if the info was in order of section like

momentum stuff goes in this section

flag section:
"all flag info below"

you get the idea, this thread is as useful as the one in Smashboards but I just hate how the info is not in the correct order.

read the list it has a pit fall effect
#2 I have no idea might be stronger
HEY YOU YEAH YOU stop making broken PSAs
but only if there not that bad

for flags, i know number 83 is lucas' hexagon magical graphic
please check out my posts! i need help!


Click here to level up my card!


Lucas is the same as ness and i use him too. 

by the way, did you know that Klikkaklakkaklaskaklopatzklatschabattacreepycrottygraddaghsemmihsammihnouithap means an act of god?