Essential PSA Information

Started by Segab, August 04, 2009, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yah... i just realized that. but then where could the Lightning gfx be programmed in SpecialLw?

Quote from: MilkaholicX on August 06, 2009, 02:36:23 PM
000E00D is Zelda's rings (Thinks to .Fade)


What I want to know is what the 'E' in 000E000D is...It looks like it's the same thing Phoenix Mario used, but instead of 'E', he has '1'...What is this digit for???
If you never take a chance, what chance do you have?

any one know what the set loop and execute loop do. It seems like its the start of an animation and the reverse of that same animation but im not sure.

It'll do whatever you have in between Set Loop # times, and Execute Loop # amount of times...From what I can tell at least.
If you never take a chance, what chance do you have?

everytime I try to put an Execute Loop event, it results on crashing... There's something I'm missing.

Okay, I studied the middle two bytes(The middle 4 numbers), and here's my results:

I gave Lucario's Dair a freeze effect, and:
00 01 - Always froze the opponent and simultaniously killed them off the top.
FF 00 - Always hit, but only froze the opponent at 150%+
06 37 - The attack never hurt at all
00 FF - Same as 0637
FF FF - Always hit, and would always freeze the oppenent if above 140%
80 FF - Never hit.
FF 2C - Worked fine, but didn't freeze others until ~120%
83 2C - Similar to FF 2C

All of these were tested with the first byte as 39, and the last as 04. The original flag I "Borrowed" for testing was 39 83 2C 04, which on Lucario's standard A combo froze the opponent every time without fail. My thoughts are that these two bytes are connected, as for how though, I'm not sure.

August 07, 2009, 01:03:36 AM #51 Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:28:43 AM by Segab
...wait
I'll try something, and I'll edit this post once I'm done.
I'm testing this on Luigi's neutral A (39030200), but I'm adding an Ice effect and changing "0302" like you did.

39XX YY03

XX YY
01 01 - Normal hit with some icy effects around. Doesn't freeze the ennemy, not even at 999%
01 80 - Same as 01 01
01 FF - Same as 01 01
80 01 - Can't hit the ennemy (he doesn't flinch and he doesn't get any damage)
80 80 - Same as 80 01
80 FF - Same as 80 01
FF 01 - Same as 01 01
FF 80 - Same as 01 01
FF FF - Same as 01 01

Conclusions? XX80YYYY makes the more uneffective.
Other conclusions? no. just wtf.

"FF FF - Always hit, and would always freeze the oppenent if above 140%" I couldn't freeze the other player at all.. how are our results so different? Can't be the other values, they were the same.

Quote from: Segab on August 06, 2009, 10:46:37 PM
everytime I try to put an Execute Loop event, it results on crashing... There's something I'm missing.

Segab, you need a Loop Rest the line before an "Execute Loop" command.
If you never take a chance, what chance do you have?

if you do that, it doesn't loop at all, it just plays the SubAction once..
but if I put "Loop Rest" after "Execute Loop", then it loops :D

Im done with my Marth for now (Still working on it but wont for awhile). So I'm going to go Graphic ID hunting and ill gladly post my list. =D

August 07, 2009, 05:47:41 PM #55 Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:03:29 PM by PhantomWings
If you want things to go faster, you can open the temp9 file in a hex editor after opening a .pac in PSA. scroll down  a bit and you should see a list of the names of each graphic effect for that character's ef_<character> file. (in order from 0 up)

Edit: You also may want to note that File# and GraphicId are switched around when they're shown in the event viewer.

Quote from: PhantomWings on August 07, 2009, 05:47:41 PM
If you want things to go faster, you can open the temp9 file in a hex editor after opening a .pac in PSA. scroll down  a bit and you should see a list of the names of each graphic effect for that character's ef_<character> file. (in order from 0 up)

Edit: You also may want to note that File# and GraphicId are switched around when they're shown in the event viewer.
and those can't be used by another character?

If you call a graphic from another character's file, they'll only appear if that other character is loaded into the match. But yeah, those are the external graphic effects.

Quote from: PhantomWings on August 07, 2009, 06:19:09 PM
If you call a graphic from another character's file, they'll only appear if that other character is loaded into the match. But yeah, those are the external graphic effects.

Are you really Phantom Wings?
My youtube channel (mostly brawl hack videos)

http://youtube.com/bleamix

Oh wow, I think I just found an exploit in the PSA. If it works, then damn, it will be...

*Does not finish the sentence due to irreversible hype that may cause people to be disappointed if it doesn't work, thus hating me for giving people false hope*

I'm 80% sure it will work. Be back later to share my results.
- There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't -