Essential PSA Information

Started by Segab, August 04, 2009, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Dragonrage on August 08, 2009, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: Just2good on August 08, 2009, 01:17:55 PM
More Graphic IDs (Editing this post while im hunting)

3C Ice Shattering
3E Iceberg (When a character gets frozen)
3F Snowflake
40 Frost Smoke

YES!
Finally universal ice GFX. Now I can get back to work on my water/ice Ike.

I propose a guide, you could make it while you make the new pac. I would love a nice guide on how to effectively change B moves.  :af:
I've got a very simple question for you today: who's your favorite existing Super Smash Bros. character?
Is it Captain Falcon, or one of the many inferior filler characters they put in so everyone wouldn't just
pick Captain Falcon?

look at his .pac file, you should understand more with it.

Quote from: Jose_Gallardo on August 08, 2009, 08:46:39 AM
...has anybody found an Assist Trophy Sound effect ? If I can just find one AT-SFX value, then I can find the rest.

So I'm guessing its a "non" on this? Oh well, I found a long list of Sound Effects already. The relative ones are usually next to each other, so I'm skipping a few.
- There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't -

Quote from: Segab on August 08, 2009, 11:29:54 PM
look at his .pac file, you should understand more with it.
Okay, i tried with Phoenix Mario and didn't get much out of it XD. I know how to change animation, damage, starting to understand knockback, SFX, im starting to get hitboxes. I'm mostly having trouble with... the adding graphics. I have been trying to make Lucas shoot lighting horizontal, but I haven't had much headway XD. And Dragonrage's B move flows very well. But your probably right, I should be able to get it in a few days by looked at some pacs.
I've got a very simple question for you today: who's your favorite existing Super Smash Bros. character?
Is it Captain Falcon, or one of the many inferior filler characters they put in so everyone wouldn't just
pick Captain Falcon?


I agree, I have pretty much everything done, other than a new b move I want DX. I cant seem to get it though.
I've got a very simple question for you today: who's your favorite existing Super Smash Bros. character?
Is it Captain Falcon, or one of the many inferior filler characters they put in so everyone wouldn't just
pick Captain Falcon?

the most simple way to create a B move is by making it just load a SubAction, and change that SubAction at your will.
but special moves can be much more complicated than that, with variables.

I figured that, but does changing the specials tab make it a lot better? And out of curiosity how would YOU go about changing Lucas' Neutral B to a lightning blast like move, that is if you dont mind helping me with this XD. I do appreciate all the help you've given me already.
I've got a very simple question for you today: who's your favorite existing Super Smash Bros. character?
Is it Captain Falcon, or one of the many inferior filler characters they put in so everyone wouldn't just
pick Captain Falcon?

uh.. I'd make it load a Sub Action, and in the Sub Action I would add a couple of graphic effects that looks like lightnings, and then I would add small hitboxes where the lightnings appear.

Making special moves almost always freezes the character.

Quote from: Untouch on August 09, 2009, 04:31:45 PM
Making special moves almost always freezes the character.

This happens often only if you don't have the right "actions" not to be mistaken with subactions. We're talking about landing, falling, etc. If you don't have those there, they will be the main cause for freezing/t-stancing <_<
If you never take a chance, what chance do you have?

Quote from: Segab on August 09, 2009, 04:29:12 PM
uh.. I'd make it load a Sub Action, and in the Sub Action I would add a couple of graphic effects that looks like lightnings, and then I would add small hitboxes where the lightnings appear.

Okay thanks, that sounds good. I will just have to find some good lightning FX. shouldn't be too hard.
I've got a very simple question for you today: who's your favorite existing Super Smash Bros. character?
Is it Captain Falcon, or one of the many inferior filler characters they put in so everyone wouldn't just
pick Captain Falcon?

Quote from: Finman702 on August 09, 2009, 06:02:12 PM
Quote from: Segab on August 09, 2009, 04:29:12 PM
uh.. I'd make it load a Sub Action, and in the Sub Action I would add a couple of graphic effects that looks like lightnings, and then I would add small hitboxes where the lightnings appear.

Okay thanks, that sounds good. I will just have to find some good lightning FX. shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah, a good place to look would just be in Lucas's special SubActions
If you never take a chance, what chance do you have?

August 09, 2009, 08:39:37 PM #88 Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:18:28 PM by Segab
In this thread I will put all the information I can that talks about Specials, to help everyone to understand.

This is what a Special can look like:
What does all this text mean? Scroll down and find out.


Set Loop:
Sets a loop for X times. The loop will be infinite if you put FFFFFFFF as the value.

Loop Rest:
This must be inside the Set Loop, or it will make the game crash.

Execute Loop:
Executes the previously set loop.


If:
Starts an If block until an Else or an EndIf is reached.
There is 3 "If" events in the list.
The 1st one only has 1 requirement.
The 2nd one also has a variable requirement.
The 3rd one is like the 2nd one but with a comparison method.


If bit is set: RA-Bit:
Quote from: Dragonrage on August 07, 2009, 01:31:40 PM
RA-Bit[18] stands for Bit type Random Access variable #18. From what I understand Bit variables can only be set to true or false and Random Access variables can only be used in the move that calls them, as in they aren't stored longer than that specific move. It's probably used to control certain things in the move.
It is better if the variable is not used by any other character or it might mess up with their attacks. I guess it should be ok if you use a variable above 100.


Change Action
Changes the current Action to the one selected once the requirement is met. To know which Action is which, there's a list of almost all the Actions here.
There is 4 "Change Action" events in the list, all with different parameters in it. (I'd recommend using the 2nd one, but the other ones are fine too)


Additionnal Requirement
Use this to add another requirement to a "Change Action" or "Change SubAction" event.
There is 3 "Additionnal Requirement" events in the list.
The 1st one only has a requirement.
The 2nd one adds a variable to the requirement. (You can use this one for "Button pressed" requirements)
The 3rd one is like the 2nd one but with a comparison method.

If Button Pressed:
When you make an "if" event, you can set the requirement to one of those (and more):
-Button Press
-Button Release
-Button Pressed
-Button not Pressed
To use one of those, we need to set which button you're talking about. First, be sure that the "If" you selected is the 2nd one on the event list. Then, change the "variable" to one of the following:
00 = normal attack button (A by default)
01 = special attack button (B by default)
02 = jump button (X, Y and Up by default)
03 = shield button (L, R and Z by default)
04 = R, L, Z
05 = ? (Couldn't trigger this one)
06 = Dpad UP
07 = Dpad DOWN
08 = Dpad RIGHT, Dpad LEFT
09 = Dpad LEFT
0A = Dpad RIGHT
0B = B, X, Dpad RIGHT, Dpad LEFT
0C = Y, X , Dpad UP, Dpad RIGHT
0D = B, Y, X , Dpad UP, Dpad RIGHT, Dpad LEFT
0E = A+B (Both pressed together)
0F = C-Stick (Any Direction)
10 = With a value of "10," the IF statement triggered everytime, regardless of inputting any button...or not pressing anything at all.
11 = ? (Couldn't trigger this one)
12 = ? (Couldn't trigger this one)
(thanks to kdr4485)


Change SubAction
Changes the current SubAction to the one selected. To know which SubAction is which, just go in the SubAction tab.
There is 2 "Change SubAction" events in the list.
The 1st one is normal.
The 2nd one has a "Pass frame" parameter in it.

Pass Frame:
As I just said, when you add the second "Change SubAction" event, you will find a "Pass Frame" parameter in it.
Quote from: PhantomWings on August 07, 2009, 06:17:00 PM
Pass Frame simply passes the frame that the current animation is on over to the new animation.
So if you have an air animation that is at frame 14 and you suddenly land on the ground, then the ground animation will start at frame 14 to make for a smooth landing transition.


I don't have a lot of experience with Specials yet, so if you know more, please post here.

What do the set loop, loop rest, and execute loop actually do? I tried changeing the number of loops and i didn't notice a change. Also how do you slow down an aniation.