EY's I - ALL Projects suspended indefinitely

Started by Eternal Yoshi, July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Phoenix Wright on February 27, 2011, 09:12:15 PM
Quote from: ItalianStallion on February 27, 2011, 11:19:47 AM
EternalYoshi, you should work on rels for Metaknight and Link, now that PW came out with the rel porter recently, that you know about.
Yes, an edited Link .rel would be very nice for the Zero moveset :P

Well I want two. One for Zero and another one for Lyn. Even the beta, is fully enough playable, and also he said that he's been working on Lyn more anyway.

Also, let's not forget about Metaknight/Grayfox.

OK. A brief progress report.

Animations for miscellaneous stuff like things based around tripping, tumble, down and get up, ledge stuff, and Swimming are done.

All that remains animation wise are items related animations, Final smash, and a taunt.

I didn't change the Final Smash yet, but PK Starstorm still works.

Item related animations are almost finished.

If I get the chance, I may be able to use the PK Flash resources to replicate Black Hole Bomb.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 01, 2011, 08:11:36 PM
I didn't change the Final Smash yet, but PK Starstorm still works.

Item related animations are almost finished.

If I get the chance, I may be able to use the PK Flash resources to replicate Black Hole Bomb.

Galaxy Man's Black Hole Bomb?

Yes that weapon.
That's in the maybe section though.
I'm still fighting the file size limit of the MotionEtc file so I may not be able to animate that.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 01, 2011, 10:14:16 PM
Yes that weapon.
That's in the maybe section though.
I'm still fighting the file size limit of the MotionEtc file so I may not be able to animate that.

That's f*cking epic then man.

Hopefully it won't go over the file size limit.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 01, 2011, 10:14:16 PM
Yes that weapon.
That's in the maybe section though.
I'm still fighting the file size limit of the MotionEtc file so I may not be able to animate that.

Are there any unnecesary animations and/or key frames that can be removed?  You can always try to clean the MotionEtc.PAC in Brawlbox 6.2b if worse comes to worse.

I did clean the animations.
The problem is that I'm reluctant about removing keyframes because interlopating is a cruel mistress.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 01, 2011, 11:01:51 PM
I did clean the animations.
The problem is that I'm reluctant about removing keyframes because interlopating is a cruel mistress.

Interpolation, I found, is easier to deal with than once thought.

When you look at an interpolation spike, you can reduce the severity of the spike doing the following.

By comparing the value the last keyframe started with to the value of the next keyframe. I.E.:

keyframev1 - keyframev2 = difference.

Now you have an idea how much the spike increased or decreased the value. This is especially true for Modset 4.1 which I used for the animations on Zero (I use v0.62b for cleaning the animations of the keyframes that 4.1 can't clean up).

The next thing you need to know is that the value that gives you the same result visually on the second keyframe is somewhere between the values of keyframev1 and keyframev2. This becomes a process of trial and error, trying to find the same result using values greater than or less than keyframev1.

On v0.63d, this mostly deals with frames that are between your absolute keyframes. The thing to know is this.

More frames between keyframes = higher interpolation spikes.

The best way to deal with this is to find the frame where the spike is at it's highest, and place a keyframe there to rotate the bone where you want to be as a limiter, to keep it from spiking so high. This method has it's limits, but it can be generally applied for interpolated animations.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 01, 2011, 11:01:51 PM
I did clean the animations.
The problem is that I'm reluctant about removing keyframes because interlopating is a cruel mistress.

Cruel mistresses are usually the best in bed.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on March 02, 2011, 12:57:38 AM
Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 01, 2011, 11:01:51 PM
I did clean the animations.
The problem is that I'm reluctant about removing keyframes because interlopating is a cruel mistress.

Cruel mistresses are usually the best in bed.
I agree lol.

But they're an ass everywhere else, where's the fun in that XP

Maybe, a MegaMan stage would be good with the hack itself. Maybe have it replace 75M..
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

^^Noted.

I recreated PK Flash perfectly over one of Forward B's powers so now it's time for the fun part.

Finding the Proper External GFX and changing the hitboxes.

Edit: I got the PERFECT External GFX for it. Images do NOT do the effects justice.