EY's I - ALL Projects suspended indefinitely

Started by Eternal Yoshi, July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Personally, looking at the pictures. Here is my assessment of some moves animation-wise.

For the ones where he kicks, he mainly stretches it from the knee forward. A better way to do it would be to increase the length of all three leg-related bones that of his right leg and make them thinner. A perfect example of this use of the Size modifier in an attack animation is Falco's and Fox's F-Tilts, when they kick out, the both the bone translations and the size modifiers change to make the leg look like it's stretching in order to give it the reach it has.

Just one of the things I think you should consider animation-wise before the final version (when we get there)

Meanwhile. I'll grab Brawl and configure it for the HBC, and then DL this to give it a play or two.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 04, 2011, 12:36:21 AM
You mean the Fsmash?

Noted.

There are other moves that have this. Such as his U-Tilt.

Also, I just playtested the wrong.pac. I'll give you feedback as soon as I am done using the right one.

Also. What's with all the differently named FitMotions?


EDIT:

Okay, here I will give my full impression of the Mega Man PSA as it stands. I'll do this in sections. Note I am giving my full honesty with this.

Animations: Animation-wise (and by that I mean the animations of Ness Mega) are, in my honest opinion. Not very impressive. The Wait1 has Megs face a bit toward the screen and the player. I get the impression you were going to a Wait1 similar to the Mega Man 7, Power Battles, etc, idle animations. The pose isn't dynamic enough in that regard, and I think it needs further refinement.

There are tons of animations I think need further refinement. So I'll do it in order.

Run: Mega Man is too stiff when he's running, he may be a robot, but he moves more similarly to a human, suggest adding more dynamic motion to his body as he runs if possible.

Jab: I think a custom punching animation would do some good here, but on the kick, Mega's leg stretches. I think it would be wise to take a cue from his F-Tilt and use that as an example for all animations involving a kick. Also, I think Mega should kick a little higher (not too much, but higher) as well.

D-Tilt: I didn't find myself using this much, so no comment.

U-tilt: I think a custom animation similar to Mario's U-Tilt will do some good here.

Dash Attack: The animation is fantastic, no changes needed.

F-Smash: Same as the second Jab, he stretches his leg, refer to his current F-Tilt like I said for the Jab.

D-Smash: I think this would look better if Mega was firing his buster at the ground.

U-Smash: It's a bit slow looking, and stiff, needs more dynamic motion in the second part of the animation (the kick).

Top Spin: Despite it's accuracy to the original sprite, it needs a more dynamic feel to it.

Flash Stopper: No change.

Slash Claw: Looks okay in the air, needs a bit of refinement on the grounded one.

Black Hole Bomb: No change.

Down B: I don't think he needs to move during this animation, consider making him not move and just flash a color?

Nair: Once again, too stiff.

F-air: Same as the U-Tilt: could use more dynamic movement.

U-Air: Same as F-Smash and Jab, leg stretches from the knee too much.

B-Air: Once again, too stiff.

D-Air: No comment.

Throws: A lot of the throws, especially the F, U, and B, throws could use more distinctive animations.

Effects: Effects are superb, excellent work.

Now let me get to the more important part of the critique.

Gameplay: There are a lot of things I think could be improved on Mega, a great many things, but let me get the bigger nuances out of the way before I get to the smaller ones. I'm not big on the metagame, so this will mostly be about move functionality.

Flash Stopper lasts only about 2-3 seconds on my count. I would suggest increasing it's effect by one second.

Top Spin has too little mobility. In the games, Mega Man can move left and right while using Top Spin, but the move lacks this. It's like you give him the Luigi Tornado, but took away the mobility.

Black Hole Bomb I think could benefit if it were somehow not launched the same as PK Pulse, maybe launch it from the end of the buster arm?

Slash Claw on the ground has some lag, I think this needs to be lessened slightly, cause it would be too easy to dodge otherwise on the ground.

U-Smash comes out too slowly, and would benefit from having the animation being sped up a little.

F-Smash has quite a bit of reach, I would suggest lessening the range just a tad.

U-Tilt could use more horizontal range.

F-Tilt I think should be a new move entirely. What exactly? I dunno, but something else..

U-Air also has too much reach. Consider bringing it down a little?

Dash Attack is cool, and I personally don't think it needs any changes.

B-air is a little hard to hit with.

The Mega Buster I think should have one more shot in addition to the two shot burst, and the ability to move around would be nice if it's at all possible.

Mega Man himself however, slides too much, and I think he needs to be a little more floaty than this, but not by much.

That's my two cents. I'm no good at in-depth gameplay critiques, so I'll leave it to someone who knows their stuff when it comes to relatively-balanced PSAs.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

March 04, 2011, 03:13:12 AM #379 Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:16:47 AM by EternalYoshi
All noted. I caught a glitch that occurs when he tries to grab certain ledges due to the TransN key frame.
I fixed it.

The motions were accidentally left in as I copy-pasta'd the folder on my SD card. The normal named one is meant to be used.

The one labled GOOD is basically the file size limit of the motion file.

Fun fact: The External GFX effect used in his UpB is actually an unused effect from Ness' files.

USmash - Yoyo
PSA:
112D8 - Up Smash Start Hitbox (AMKalmar)
11458 - Up Smash Release Hitbox (AMKalmar)

Dsmash - Yoyo
PSA:
11568 - Down Smash Start Hitbox (AMKalmar)
11648 - Down Smash Release Hitbox (AMKalmar)

Smashboards. =]



Thanks. The Yo-yo MUST be present during the attacks or the game will fre......

Hey, what does Ra-bit[1] do?

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 05, 2011, 01:53:16 AM
Thanks. The Yo-yo MUST be present during the attacks or the game will fre......

Hey, what does Ra-bit[1] do?

Why not just go Generate Artical and Use the artical visiblity to make the yoyo invisible? :l

March 05, 2011, 01:55:48 AM #383 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:43:00 PM by EternalYoshi
That's what I 've been doing.
Prevents crashes, but cannot be charged.

BTW, Ra-Bit[1]... I don't know what it does, but it doesn't seem to do anything when put in the start of the Usmash or Dsmash.

OK. Setting Variable 18 to true in the Top Spin action/Subaction isn't working, so I came up with a ghetto fix for being able to move horizontally while in top spin.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 05, 2011, 10:29:40 PM
OK. Setting Variable 18 to true in the Top Spin action/Subaction isn't working, so I came up with a ghetto fix for being able to move horizontally while in top spin.

Add Momentum ftw?

Yes.

Time to see what the floating points of the PK Flash article do.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on March 05, 2011, 11:01:35 PM
Yes.

Time to see what the floating points of the PK Flash article do.

Is that how you made the Neutral B full charged shot? Did you use one of Ness' old projectiles, edit the graphics, hitbox and floating points and came up with that?  Because that definitely is not a ThrowN projectile. 

I found a pretty nasty combo glitch... Although you probably already know this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DumLkbDK6Q&feature=relmfu
At 0:51... I think it explains itself.[/color]

The charged shot was made from PK fire.
Yes, I edited the GFX hitboxes, float points, external GFX file, etc. to make it.
I defined the PK fire float points previously, so it was simple to rearrange it to behave like the Charged shot would.

For reasons unknown, the PK flash hitbox is very specific about what it will work with and what it won't.

Projectile articles's starting locations tend to be controlled by floating points.

Also, :51 is the beauty of Brawl's electric hitlag when slowed down. I changed the element of the kick already to reduce the hitlag.