The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Senoue on August 18, 2012, 09:47:55 PM
My brawl is American, I keep getting the freezing error. I will try this with a retail disc in a bit. Going to go out and buy one. Also, I am not sure as to where I put the Sound effect hex files that was included in the download
you are using gecko/file patch code, voice hacks WILL NOT work

also HEX is NOT a file encoding that brawl reads, its a section of one of it's files (smashbros_sound.BRSAR) you have to use hex edit and cram that in in a very specific place for it to work, do it wrong, and you destroy the entire file

you need riivolution to load voice hacks, try that and you might have an additional code that might be causing the freeze

Is there already a Tutorial for the Shadow hex thing? Thank you so much for the hep so far.

Hey guys, I am completely brand new too this. As Im trying too put in the hacks, it keeps freezing my game as I choose the stage! :(

This is what i have done so far:

I have installed the File Patch code

I am using gecko and the newest updated wii 4.3u

I believe this is where the problem lies (sadly)

Say I am working on a lucario, I downloaded the project m version from this site and this is how I input it.

G:>private>wii>app>rsbe>pf>fighter>lucario>FitLucario00.pac

I just want too add within my lucario folder there is file called FitLucarioMotionEtc.Pac

BronzeGreekGod made this lucario and it comes with 2 files. http://www.mediafire.com/?en6qzyti2qx9vqo

Any ideas guys? :(



Quote from: Senoue on August 19, 2012, 01:57:16 AM
Is there already a Tutorial for the Shadow hex thing? Thank you so much for the hep so far.
text instructions included with the pack, just literally follow them word for word and you should have no problem

I have everything all working so far, just a final question. When using Riivolution, where do I put the common3 and 5 files?

Quote from: Senoue on August 20, 2012, 08:00:32 PM
I have everything all working so far, just a final question. When using Riivolution, where do I put the common3 and 5 files?
depends...
if you are using beyond's hack of "riivolution for gecko users"
its system

if its brawl minus/plus/PJM/modlauncher:

(i dont know)

if you're using Brawl mods they go in their respective brawl folder check the spoiler

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


and like Diddy mentioned it goes in system (Beyond you's) , If you're using the standard  riivolution xml then "ssbb" folder and then "system" folder  hope this helped o:

my wii randomy crahses and tells me too eject the disc and reinsert it...does anyone know why is that? is it becasuse of too many mods? we have 4 people playing at once.

Quote from: Takion on August 21, 2012, 02:48:58 AM
my wii randomy crahses and tells me too eject the disc and reinsert it...does anyone know why is that? is it becasuse of too many mods? we have 4 people playing at once.
this is a gouged disc/dying disc drive issue,  if you rub the disc on your cheek and it feels rough, buy this, run it 2 times through, then try again
if thats NOT the case, then it may be the SD card being weird, or your DVD slot is dying

Okay thank you! Last question, I have downlaoded the project M lucario...yet his spirit bomb move wont work on my personal Brawl set up? Any ideas?

August 27, 2012, 09:25:03 PM #460 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:41:43 PM by Mr. Vile
How would I go about adding a stage hack to my customized SSBB?

Made this post less annoying. You're welcome.

Peachy :3

September 02, 2012, 02:18:07 PM #461 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:20:45 PM by SSBBhacker00
Reply to this IMMEDIATLY! it's about the mu_menumain.pac

First off, this is my file location:

SD:privatewiiappRSBEpfmenu2mu_menumain.pac

now i edited it with BrawlBox, the video told me, grant that i like the image. I replaced the image, factory_background, with the same thing. Then i compressed it and it saved.  btw. i have file code replacement code and common5.pac.

So when i open up brawl with Gecko, it loads and the menu is able to work, BUT! my CSP, CSS, and all that stuff doesn't. But if i use Riivolution, My menu background dissappears and i can't get the CSPs to work. (not concerned about the CSS). what the heck am i doing wrong!

Post Merge: September 02, 2012, 02:20:45 PM

Quote from: SSBBhacker00 on September 02, 2012, 02:18:07 PM
Reply to this IMMEDIATLY! it's about the mu_menumain.pac

First off, this is my file location:

SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\mu_menumain.pac

now i edited it with BrawlBox, the video told me, grant that i like the image. I replaced the image, factory_background, with the same thing. Then i compressed it and it saved.  btw. i have file code replacement code and common5.pac.

So when i open up brawl with Gecko, it loads and the menu is able to work, BUT! my CSP, CSS, and all that stuff doesn't. But if i use Riivolution, My menu background dissappears and i can't get the CSPs to work. (not concerned about the CSS). what the heck am i doing wrong!
forgot, here is the video i used. [Brawl Menu Hack] Guide To Make Custom Menu Hack!!!!

Quote from: SSBBhacker00 on September 02, 2012, 02:18:07 PM
Reply to this IMMEDIATLY! it's about the mu_menumain.pac

First off, this is my file location:

SD:privatewiiappRSBEpfmenu2mu_menumain.pac

now i edited it with BrawlBox, the video told me, grant that i like the image. I replaced the image, factory_background, with the same thing. Then i compressed it and it saved.  btw. i have file code replacement code and common5.pac.

So when i open up brawl with Gecko, it loads and the menu is able to work, BUT! my CSP, CSS, and all that stuff doesn't. But if i use Riivolution, My menu background dissappears and i can't get the CSPs to work. (not concerned about the CSS). what the heck am i doing wrong!

Post Merge: September 02, 2012, 02:20:45 PM
forgot, here is the video i used. [Brawl Menu Hack] Guide To Make Custom Menu Hack!!!!
there is an edit button on your post if you wish to add something to it.
I believe I already helped you in the chat, so let me know if my common5 works, and if any of your textures work as well, I already gave you the GCT with the gecko file patch code

Quote from: Diddy Kong on September 03, 2012, 06:58:52 AM
there is an edit button on your post if you wish to add something to it.
I believe I already helped you in the chat, so let me know if my common5 works, and if any of your textures work as well, I already gave you the GCT with the gecko file patch code
EXCELLENT NEWS! whatever you put on the SD card (the codes.xml) i used riivolution put it on "enabled" and "one that i was supposed to do" (forgot what it was called), and not only did the CSP work, but the menu background worked as well! i've been researching about my problems all over youtube and here. and YOU are the best!!!! i'm gonna give credits for you on my next youtube video (How to completely hack brawl (full walkthrough) <-- not out yet. since you helped me, i will give you credits for the CSP and all other stuff. U R THE BEST! no wonder ur a supreme kitten :D btw. i have NO CLUE on how i got promoted to intermediate kitten.

SSBBhacker00

:catgirl:

I've been doing this for a while now, but what I CAN'T do is
GET FREAKING STAGE MODELS TO WORK.
Sure, textures and models under ~400KB fine, but anything large gives me the dreaded beep of failure, or just doesn't load at all. I'm using Gecko OS with a custom codeset from Project Fast Fall, with custom CSS, PSAs, CSPs, the whole kazoo... EXCEPT FOR F*IN' STAGE MODELS. I've tried Melee FD, KCMM Stadium, Hyrule 64.. All BEEEEP. I need some help.
[move][/move]Epic Sonic Moonwalk.