The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Diddy Kong on August 06, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
did you NOT read above?
that was some help posts in figuring out your problem and the solution to it
yes I put the hacks in wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/then the fighter codename loaded up both riivlution and gecko os and it didn't work

Quote from: mezoya on August 06, 2014, 08:52:52 PM
I just downloaded Pikezer's hack, and I can't seem to get it to work. I even reformatted my SD card and reinstalled Homebrew Channel, along with deleting my old SSBB save in case it may have been corrupt. I tried running it through Gecko, and it just gives me All the normal characters you start the game with, and the stage select screen has a bunch of copied Hannebro(Or however it's spelt) and Pokemon Stadium 2's. Anyone know what my problem is?
you may have some bad GCT in gecko


try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1tqgefs873139a/rsbe01.gct

in any case, it may be a good idea to contact the uploader of the hack and ask what the full setup needs to look like,

There are also region specific things which either dont work, break, or act weird when used in other regions


like a PAL announcer call wont work on american and vice versa

August 06, 2014, 10:40:18 PM #707 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:00:11 PM by mezoya
Quote from: Diddy Kong on August 06, 2014, 10:20:54 PM
you may have some bad GCT in gecko


try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1tqgefs873139a/rsbe01.gct

in any case, it may be a good idea to contact the uploader of the hack and ask what the full setup needs to look like,

There are also region specific things which either dont work, break, or act weird when used in other regions


like a PAL announcer call wont work on american and vice versa

Okay, I'll definitely give this a try, and Contact him. Thanks! You're the best man!

Post Merge: August 06, 2014, 10:59:36 PM

That GCT fixed the stage select, made it the games Vanilla again. I'll try and get ahold of Pikezer for sure.

I have a mac so Gct files don't work and even when I use the right file my wii doesn't sense it

Quote from: ptoung on August 06, 2014, 11:39:46 PM
I have a mac so Gct files don't work and even when I use the right file my wii doesn't sense it
please make sure the files are in the right place


GCT in

<sd card> -> codes

the mod should also be in the right spot

example

<sd card> -> private -> wii -> app -> RSBE -> pf -> fighter -> diddy -> fitdiddy00.pcs


the wii is expecting the files to be in very specific folders with very specific names or it "won't notice it"

Um does this work the same for usb loader gx?

it actually is possible to use sfx hacks with gecko. there is a soundank replacement code. i know its a bit late to post this, and somebody probably beat me to it, but this is the code needed to do sfx hacks


Replacement SoundBank Engine v1.20 [InternetExplorer, Dantarion]
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7D18
045A7D00 805A7D18
8A001001 00000000
065A7D28 00000015
2F525342 452F7066
2F736678 2F25642E
7361776E 64000000
045A7D10 919B6600
C21C8370 0000003C
9421FF80 BC610008
3C60805A 60637000
94230008 7C611B78
3B5A0007 3C60805A
60637D00 9343FFE0
38800000 9081000C
90810010 93610014
90810018 3880FFFF
9081001C 38610020
90610008 3C80805A
60847D18 7F45D378
3D80803F 618C89FC
7D8903A6 4E800421
38810020 7F63DB78
38A00000 38C00000
3D80805A 618C7900
7D8903A6 4E800421
2C030000 40820114
3C60805A 60637D00
8081FE90 9083FFD0
7F64DB78 3884FFFD
3CC05257 60C65344
38840004 81240000
7C093000 4082FFF4
7C9B2050 9083FFC0
3D2090E6 61290F10
81290000 7D244B78
7C862378 38C60008
80A4002C 7C842A14
38840008 3CE0805A
60E77D00 8167FFE0
38840008 80A40000
7CA53214 80E50000
7C075800 4082FFEC
7D244B78 80C50024
7CA43214 38A50008
80E50000 38A50008
7F63DB78 38630009
80C50000 7CC43214
38E7FFFF 81430000
91460008 81430004
91460014 81430008
91460018 3863000C
38A50008 2C070000
4181FFD0 3C60805A
60637D00 8083FFD0
80A3FFC0 7C852050
7F66DB78 7CE62A14
89070000 99060000
38C60001 38E70001
3884FFFF 2C040000
4181FFE8 38600000
2C030000 3CA0805A
60A57D00 9065FFF0
3C20805A 60217000
80210008 B8610008
38210080 7D8903A6
4182000C 4E800421
48000008 7CE33B78
60000000 00000000
C21C8658 00000007
3E00805A 62107D00
8230FFF0 2C110000
40820010 7CE33B78
3B200000 41820014
4E800421 3A400001
9250FFF0 60000000
60000000 00000000
I'm Snipes. I make Music, mostly. I also play games and [censored] around with friends.

alright crap had to format my sd card for some reason. now i set it up just the way it was before and when i start brawl through gecko it wont work.
basically after a while of using textures and psas i got tired of always checking if single things worked now when i got the last mod out of about 5 without testing and it required code manager i put the codes in a seperate .gct from the RSBP01 file put the texture and moveset in as normal but it then stopped working. so yeah unable to play modded. any idea whats going on?

Quote from: Projectbrawl7 on December 22, 2014, 10:53:12 PM
Whats the SFX id?
for who? sfx ID is either a hexadecimal number of a sawnd intstallation or target

or  a decimal number to name a sawnd file in the gecko modlauncher (BRSTM copier can identify this for you)

Complete noob question: does rsb(x) mean rsbe?


https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song :D

Quote from: Diddy Kong on August 06, 2014, 10:20:54 PM
you may have some bad GCT in gecko


try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1tqgefs873139a/rsbe01.gct

in any case, it may be a good idea to contact the uploader of the hack and ask what the full setup needs to look like,

There are also region specific things which either dont work, break, or act weird when used in other regions


like a PAL announcer call wont work on american and vice versa


Hey, do you think you could remake that link and add an unrestricted camera hack? Your code seems to be the only one that seems to work for my Wii :)


https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song :D

Quote from: 1blitzer1 on January 04, 2015, 03:58:54 PM
Complete noob question: does rsb(x) mean rsbe?
RSB?

what they mean, is instead of them listing every combination that last letter can be, they just put X (like in algebra math)


X = either E, P, or J

so
RSBE, RSBJ, or RSBP

if you are using american brawl, its RSBE, if japanese, RSBJ, if european version, RSBP

Noob question. If I'm currently using Nebulon's brawl for all brawlex package (found here http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.0) and I want to add in a character (yoda) from another package that I found. How would I do that?

So I was following this on my vWii (Wii version on WiiU) and I ran into a problem.  In my private folder (old and new) there is nothing for the brawl characters. I was hoping you would know about how to work around this or if there is anything I could do. When I tried, I couldn't even save a custom stage to the SD card. If anybody knows about this, please do help

Quote from: GamerX102 on April 15, 2015, 10:12:45 PM
So I was following this on my vWii (Wii version on WiiU) and I ran into a problem.  In my private folder (old and new) there is nothing for the brawl characters. I was hoping you would know about how to work around this or if there is anything I could do. When I tried, I couldn't even save a custom stage to the SD card. If anybody knows about this, please do help
the game doesn't make folders it doesn't need, the game (without hacking) only needs the AL RP and ST folders

mods use a user-created ddirectory, you need to create the PF/fighter/xxx folders yourself on the computer (right click -> new -> folder) also, unless you are using riivolution from homebrew or already installed on the wiiU, you cannot use an SD card larger than 2 GB or brawl will say the device in the slot cannot be used