Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893219 times)
vanitas4ever
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:56 AM »

how do u download the file patch code for riivolution? I clicked on the link and and just showed a row of words

Trololo

SSJ Is Clueless!
Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #376 on: February 18, 2012, 10:03:01 AM »

you right click and save link as

and bw its not called the file patch code its an xml

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Mareeo64
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #377 on: February 20, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »

hey guys! i'm new here at the forums! seriously, i just signed up 10 minutes ago. i got a question:

i used smash stack to get HBC and bootmii, but now i want to use stage builder like normal without the exploit activating. what do i do!? thnx in advance! btw, if any of u have heard of Flipnote Hatena, i'm a spriter on that site. my username is the same as here, so if u want to check out my sprites, feel free!

your look'n at NINTENDO's next great game creator!
    brawl code: (type later)
    Wii code: (type later)
    current hack: not sure yet

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #378 on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:41 AM »

hey guys! i'm new here at the forums! seriously, i just signed up 10 minutes ago. i got a question:

i used smash stack to get HBC and bootmii, but now i want to use stage builder like normal without the exploit activating. what do i do!? thnx in advance! btw, if any of u have heard of Flipnote Hatena, i'm a spriter on that site. my username is the same as here, so if u want to check out my sprites, feel free!
    much easier with letterbomb (this is for 4.3)

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #379 on: March 22, 2012, 04:35:21 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to use custom damage % hacks? I tried putting the file into the info2 folder where they say its supposed to go, but the game crashes before the opening movie. Any advice?

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

NeverendingTwilight
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #380 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »

So, I used to actively mess around with hacks and I always used Gecko OS to add hacks. It has been a few months since I played Brawl or used any hacks for it, so I decided to play it today... and what do I find? None of my hacks get loaded. I try again and the same thing... I have always used Gecko OS to use hacks, yet it doesn't seem to work. Riivolution seems to work just fine, but I don't like it... whenever I load up something that has been hacked, the light on my Wii blinks this obnoxious blue color... the same light that turns on whenever you have a new message. And Riivolution doesn't load the cheat codes, either. So I can't play and pause the game and spin the camera around the entire character. I have tried pretty much everything, and nothing seems to work right. I just want to be able to use Gecko OS to load my hacks, again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »

So, I used to actively mess around with hacks and I always used Gecko OS to add hacks. It has been a few months since I played Brawl or used any hacks for it, so I decided to play it today... and what do I find? None of my hacks get loaded. I try again and the same thing... I have always used Gecko OS to use hacks, yet it doesn't seem to work. Riivolution seems to work just fine, but I don't like it... whenever I load up something that has been hacked, the light on my Wii blinks this obnoxious blue color... the same light that turns on whenever you have a new message. And Riivolution doesn't load the cheat codes, either. So I can't play and pause the game and spin the camera around the entire character. I have tried pretty much everything, and nothing seems to work right. I just want to be able to use Gecko OS to load my hacks, again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    riivi does load codes.. pm me and i will send you the setup for it when i get my computer back (codes will load)

HaxMax
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #382 on: April 05, 2012, 02:41:30 PM »

Can you give me a guide on how to port characters?

OmegaPyron
    Advanced Kitten

Begone impostor! There can be but one Pyron!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #383 on: April 17, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »

So, I'm starting from scratch. When I was moving my programs around...

thumbs. appeared and my computer asked if it was ok (to delete or move.)
     I confirmed yes, and my databank has since ceased to read on brawl.

I tried puting my backup on the card, but that did't work either. This was a while back, so I think I'll start from scratch.

[(Super Modified Edit)] Grin

Either my computer was disrespecting me (lol), or divine spirit fixed the next 10 links (and possibly all of them!)

All I can say is thank you, whoever or whatever restored those links. Also Albafika sent me another tip.
    Check this out:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php

if links are like this, broken, you must add "unotaku.com/kcmm/" between http:// and
             forums.kc-mm.com/index.php, the end result:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php

That must work for every link conected to this website.

Woah, I wish I knew that earlier. I can certainly say I was losing patience, but now I'm ready to give this another shot.
    - And then dominate in the greatest super-action-packed game of the Century!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:16:07 PM by OmegaPyron » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »

Holy Jesus, dude. There is no need to make six posts in a row. That has got to be a new record or something. Thank god for the auto-post merger.

Please make use of the Modify button in the top right corner of your post sometime in the future.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #385 on: April 17, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Can anyone tell me if the custom damage percent font hacks work with Gecko? And if yes, how do i get it to work? I tried putting the file in the info2 folder, the game crashes before the opening movie.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »

Can anyone tell me if the custom damage percent font hacks work with Gecko? And if yes, how do i get it to work? I tried putting the file in the info2 folder, the game crashes before the opening movie.
    what's the exact name of the file? and was the issue caused by my universal file copy program?

OmegaPyron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #387 on: April 18, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »

Alright, so I deleted everything and started from scratch.
    Everything went smoothly so far. My system is 4.3
    On step A12 it mentions bootmii and DVDX. What are those? I installed bootmii as IOS(it gave me another option too.) It didn't even have DVDX.
    On step A15 it mentions "Place the folder(s) for the Homebrew app(s) you want to run inside of that folder."
    I don't have / know any apps for homebrew yet, right?

Homebrew Step 16 "Make sure that the .dol or .elf file for the Homebrew you want to run is named "boot.dol" or "boot.elf"."
    I'm gonna assume that "boot.elf" for hackmii is NOT a homebrew app. I'm NOT gonna place it OR bootmini.elf inside the apps. I tried to read the README for boot.elf, and I was lost.

After further reading it does mention gecko and riivolution being homebrew apps.

Also, wasn't the smashstack mentioned in the homebrew guide?

Can anyone clarify, because I'm just gonna move forward, unless someone says otherwise.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:43:10 PM by OmegaPyron » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »

Alright, so I deleted everything and started from scratch.
    Everything went smoothly so far. My system is 4.3
    On step A12 it mentions bootmii and DVDX. What are those? I installed bootmii as IOS(it gave me another option too.) It didn't even have DVDX.
    On step A15 it mentions "Place the folder(s) for the Homebrew app(s) you want to run inside of that folder."
    I don't have / know any apps for homebrew yet, right?

Homebrew Step 16 "Make sure that the .dol or .elf file for the Homebrew you want to run is named "boot.dol" or "boot.elf"."
    I'm gonna assume that "boot.elf" for hackmii is NOT a homebrew app. I'm NOT gonna place it OR bootmini.elf inside the apps. I tried to read the README for boot.elf, and I was lost.

After further reading it does mention gecko and riivolution being homebrew apps.

Also, wasn't the smashstack mentioned in the homebrew guide?

Can anyone clarify, because I'm just gonna move forward, unless someone says otherwise.

install bootmii as an IOS, install homebrew, screw DVDX (i think lol)

.elf files are homebrew apps
    apps go like this:
    SD>apps>[random folder name]?boot.elf

smash stack is an exploit to use brawl to install homebrew (since letterbomb came out you don't need smash stack - look up hacking modding nerd on youtube for more info)

OmegaPyron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #389 on: April 18, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »

Wait a sec, are you telling me that letterbomb makes smashstack obsolete?
    Should I bother trying to do letterbomb, since I already have and since the tutorial states that my 4.3 version would not work on it? Also, it seems the riivolution would be the better choice because it can modify Sound Effects, right? The HMN seems to have an entire channel - I wonder where to start.

Ok, so I tried it and it....WORKS!! Oh baby I'm happy!

In the riivolution menu(accessed via wii>homebrew) what is the ocarina handler>VI Hook/KPadhook/joypadhook/gxdRawhook/gxFlushHook/OSSleephook/AxNextFrameHook?

Thank you for your help, regardless.
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:26:10 PM by OmegaPyron » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: